Victorious Victoria Day Fitness Challenge April 9th

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Strength day! I've come to love my strength class. I don't know if I love it enough to get up early on Saturday (class is at 9:30) - but love my Wednesday evening class.

Yesterday I did 50 min elliptical and 50 minutes of yoga. Also did 10 minutes of a video from Netflix. It was one of those 10 minute solutions videos. Not crazy about this one. She did wear a decent about of clothes - it's a pet peeve of mine to see women in essentially a bikini working out. It makes me question their target audience.

Keep it up!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    Strength day! I've come to love my strength class. I don't know if I love it enough to get up early on Saturday (class is at 9:30) - but love my Wednesday evening class.

Yesterday I did 50 min elliptical and 50 minutes of yoga. Also did 10 minutes of a video from Netflix. It was one of those 10 minute solutions videos. Not crazy about this one. She did wear a decent about of clothes - it's a pet peeve of mine to see women in essentially a bikini working out. It makes me question their target audience.

Keep it up!

Mary
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I am finally getting myself back on track! I have walked the last two days 3.5 miles each day. The weather isn't so nice this morning so I am going to try to make it through an hour of Taebo. It's been over a month since I've done it so I don't know if I can make it. I need to, though because we usually have frozen yogurt on Wednesday nights! :tongue:
    Happy exercising today!
    Melissa
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Okay, I changed my mind. I decided to brave the weather and go for a walk. Hopefully I won't get rained on!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    HI ladies!

Mary, I have the same pet peeve as you re: workout wear. It was so refreshing on the BL DVD to see Jillian wear something modest/practical. I really like the voiceover on my new "Namaste Yoga" DVDs, but those ladies are pretty much naked. It's not that I'm against the female form or anything, but I don't want to see it when I come to work out.

Anyways, I'm trying to decide if I want to do cardio today or not. . .I might try to go to spin tonight, and skip tomorrow. I'm going to check the weather forecast and see if tomorrow might be a good day to play hooky.:tongue: (actually, have my scheduled day off) Raining here today. . .sort of a bummer.

:flowerforyou:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    that's an interesting pet peeve... I guess it is a bit disturbing :laugh: :happy:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Hi everyone,

I was pretty sleepy last and went to bed early but unfortunately after 2 1/2 hrs I couldn't sleep anymore. I spent the rest of the night tossing and turning. My point is now I'm tired and it's going to be a challenge to get a work out this evening. I really want to do Taebo because since I've started doing it, I lost 2 inches in my chest!! My bra actually fits the way it's supposed too, yeah for me!
    Looks like it starting to clear up a little outside, I may try to take the kids out for a walk before the afternoon kids show up.

Have a good one!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Just a quick HRM update:

did 25 minutes of gardening this morning - 79 calories - I was planting flowers and pulling weeds.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww :noway: I can't bend over without feeling like my hamstrings are going to snap in half! I have been waddling all day at work and catching a lot of crap for it! :laugh:

Sucked it up and tried to do the cardio this morning. Again, it's only 20 mn, but way more intense than I had been doing. I have upper body lifting tomorrow. We'll see how things go this week. I might try to do a half hour on the gazelle tonight, but will walk the track while waiting for the lacrosse match to start. Gotta get this body movin' before I am permanently stuck!!!!
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Good morning everybody

My computor broke so not been checking in for a few days.

Trying to get my workouts back to normal now the kids are back in school although could only manage 20 mins on the elliptical yesterday so I felt like a failure (I had a lot on my mind and couldn't concentrate)
    The kids guinea pig was castrated yesterday so spent the whole day worrying about him and even though he is fine we can't say he's over it for a week as its still possible he could die, and to make matters even worse the dog got her checkup yesterday to see if the heart meds was working and the vet was shocked to find her heart is worsened more so she will need more heart meds (and she told us that her heart is cause for serious concern and explained what is likely to happen regarding her dying apparently she is likely to just collapse and die the condition is that unpredictable) I left the vets with an alive guinea pig but in state coz I may be saying goodbye to best friend in the whole world soooo much sooner than she deserves we have turned down the option of an ecg and dopler scan because they won't change things they will just tell us what is wrong exactly the med will be the same and so will the outcome so I don't think it is worth the stress for my baby I love her sooooooo much and I am terrified of having to say goodbye I pray she will prove them wrong and be with us for a while yet.
    (Sorry I am just moaning how many calories do you burn crying because I was exhausted last nite )

Anyways today I did my core secrets dvd 45 mins with 5kg weights. Went for a walk for about an hour and will walk again in a bit to collect my son from school.

Tomorrow I will be using the elliptical and I will do 30 to 35 mins.

Hope everybody has a good day!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hey All.

I like what Jillian usually wears too.

Biked for an hour already this morning, and I'm going to try for a swim this afternoon. I'm starting a new job shooting a TV show for NBC on "America's Favorite Mom" so I'll be traveling lots starting next week.

Today I'm also going to:
    1. Eat mindfully and slowly
    2. Drink tea and take vitamins
    3. Stretch before bed and meditate
  • yoginimary
    Good morning everybody

My computor broke so not been checking in for a few days.

Trying to get my workouts back to normal now the kids are back in school although could only manage 20 mins on the elliptical yesterday so I felt like a failure (I had a lot on my mind and couldn't concentrate)
    The kids guinea pig was castrated yesterday so spent the whole day worrying about him and even though he is fine we can't say he's over it for a week as its still possible he could die, and to make matters even worse the dog got her checkup yesterday to see if the heart meds was working and the vet was shocked to find her heart is worsened more so she will need more heart meds (and she told us that her heart is cause for serious concern and explained what is likely to happen regarding her dying apparently she is likely to just collapse and die the condition is that unpredictable) I left the vets with an alive guinea pig but in state coz I may be saying goodbye to best friend in the whole world soooo much sooner than she deserves we have turned down the option of an ecg and dopler scan because they won't change things they will just tell us what is wrong exactly the med will be the same and so will the outcome so I don't think it is worth the stress for my baby I love her sooooooo much and I am terrified of having to say goodbye I pray she will prove them wrong and be with us for a while yet.
    (Sorry I am just moaning how many calories do you burn crying because I was exhausted last nite )

Sorry to hear about your puppy :frown: