"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Saturday: Cardio, HIIT routine

1. 2 minute warm up - light jog.
    2. Sprint 15 seconds and recover jog for 45 seconds. 8 sets (8 minutes total).
    3. 25 minutes light paced jog.
    4. 1 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute of jogging. 10 minutes.

Food: might be a little over. Taking out a friend for her birthday later on.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Taking it easy...The hip seems to be responding wonderfully to the rest. Still hurts, but it's not keeping me awake at night any more and I'll take any improvement. Work for the next few days and I'm sure I'll work a workout in here or there next week. Can't keep me down for long. Food has been on track. Been spending a lot of time sweating out in the sun...Back down to 147, my pre-swell weight when I injured myself so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I'm still completely pushing for 145 and maybe more! I think with a lot of hard work and continuing my conditioning regimen it will fall right off, but for the first time ever I'm starting to see progress in my pictures too.

Here's the newest one...with my sunburn! But I can see my shoulder bones, my arms look defined and my round cheeks are disappearing! Yay!

428664_10100530552954628_20720744_49087130_1882527187_n.jpg
  • brandiuntz
    Looking good, dream! Well, except that sunburn. Take care of your skin! :wink:

Sunday: Softball practice for 1.5 hours. Had a great practice. Some awesome hitting, and good fielding. Looks like I get to play catcher this season, which I so prefer over right field!

Food: enjoyed some fast food, so sodium is way over, but otherwise on target.
  • dreambig_gohome

Sunday: Softball practice for 1.5 hours. Had a great practice. Some awesome hitting, and good fielding. Looks like I get to play catcher this season, which I so prefer over right field!

I'd love to get into doing more sports like that as part of the regimen!!! It sounds so fun and keeps things from being boring! Keep rocking it!
  • dreambig_gohome
    First post-injury 5K [3 mile] run. I hurt quite a bit, but much more so in my ankles and feet than my hip. I was also winded about a mile in, so I'm going to have to train hard to get my running stamina back for sure. Then again, I just pushed myself harder than I ever have and posted my personal best 5K AND mile time ever - 3 miles in 27:56:85, or a 9-minute mile. I've only been training at a 6.0mph or 10-minute mile, so to blow that out of the water after having not run for a month and a half is kind of shy of a miracle. Hopefully all of the snowboarding helped my stamina and speed somehow! I know it sure gave me some knockout leg muscles. Can't wait to get into my plyometrics training when I'm completely pain free! I feel like I have a lot more work to do on this body of mine.

Also invested in some BodyGlide because I HATE chafing and we're heading into sweaty summer temperatures! First time I've run in only my compression shorts and a dri-fit tanktop. Had someone at work today mention that I was just "wilting away to nothing." I sure don't feel like it, but people are commenting on it so it must be true. I'm hoping the weight continues to fall off and my body composition changes. At this stage in the game that's going to be my biggest challenge.

Food: Spot on - Protein shake in the morning [added PB2 for an awesome peanut butter kick and only 11 calories extra!], turkey salad, nuts and orange for lunch and homemade eggplant parmesean for dinner. I didn't even come close to my cal goal AND I have an exercise deficit too.

Assessment: Much more stoked today about everything. Feels pretty good to be able to work that hard again. Definitely not out of the woods yet. My leg is no where near the condition it was before the injury but I know it's going to come back and I'm happy about that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Taking it easy...The hip seems to be responding wonderfully to the rest. Still hurts, but it's not keeping me awake at night any more and I'll take any improvement. Work for the next few days and I'm sure I'll work a workout in here or there next week. Can't keep me down for long. Food has been on track. Been spending a lot of time sweating out in the sun...Back down to 147, my pre-swell weight when I injured myself so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I'm still completely pushing for 145 and maybe more! I think with a lot of hard work and continuing my conditioning regimen it will fall right off, but for the first time ever I'm starting to see progress in my pictures too.

Here's the newest one...with my sunburn! But I can see my shoulder bones, my arms look defined and my round cheeks are disappearing! Yay!

428664_10100530552954628_20720744_49087130_1882527187_n.jpg
    Looking good! Keep progressing!
  • ninerbuff

Catcher is one of the toughest to play! Have a good season this year!
  • ninerbuff
    First post-injury 5K [3 mile] run. I hurt quite a bit, but much more so in my ankles and feet than my hip. I was also winded about a mile in, so I'm going to have to train hard to get my running stamina back for sure. Then again, I just pushed myself harder than I ever have and posted my personal best 5K AND mile time ever - 3 miles in 27:56:85, or a 9-minute mile. I've only been training at a 6.0mph or 10-minute mile, so to blow that out of the water after having not run for a month and a half is kind of shy of a miracle. Hopefully all of the snowboarding helped my stamina and speed somehow! I know it sure gave me some knockout leg muscles. Can't wait to get into my plyometrics training when I'm completely pain free! I feel like I have a lot more work to do on this body of mine.

Also invested in some BodyGlide because I HATE chafing and we're heading into sweaty summer temperatures! First time I've run in only my compression shorts and a dri-fit tanktop. Had someone at work today mention that I was just "wilting away to nothing." I sure don't feel like it, but people are commenting on it so it must be true. I'm hoping the weight continues to fall off and my body composition changes. At this stage in the game that's going to be my biggest challenge.

Food: Spot on - Protein shake in the morning [added PB2 for an awesome peanut butter kick and only 11 calories extra!], turkey salad, nuts and orange for lunch and homemade eggplant parmesean for dinner. I didn't even come close to my cal goal AND I have an exercise deficit too.

Assessment: Much more stoked today about everything. Feels pretty good to be able to work that hard again. Definitely not out of the woods yet. My leg is no where near the condition it was before the injury but I know it's going to come back and I'm happy about that.
    Kudos to you. That's fast as it take me like forever to run 3 miles. I'm not putting as much into it as I could, but then again I'm not doing any races to the competitive side of me isn't pushing. But good for you and it's great to hear people are noticing your personal weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    Cardio - 30 min. lunch walk and 60 min on bike and stretching

No strength training today (OMG...I am so sore from yesturday anyway..lol..my inner/outer thighes and bootie are killing me, but in a really really good way.;)

Nutrition: eh...needed more protein also need to pack a snack between gym and going to kids hockey game...leads to poor choices later when I don't have to make poor choices. Could have been way worse but could have been better

Oh and thanks for the tips on the pull ups..YES...I will do them all alone sooner than later...can't wait, it is a big goal for me and have been working on them for a while...the assisting has gone down over 50 pounds so I am getting there...your suggestion might just get me over the hurdle...thank you;-)
    You can get the pullups done! It's usually a mental thing when people try to attempt it with no assistance!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Well today I have 2 new clients and the start of the new TKO sessions for the next 6 weeks! All my classes are already full so I got my work cut out for me, but am excited for having them this way!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment:Went to Chuck E. Cheeses for a Bday party. Ate a lot of pizza!
  • dreambig_gohome
    Monday: No workout for me. I woke up too sore and exhausted...I pushed too hard too soon but I don't regret it one bit. However, my hip locked up again and my quads are killing me!! A little soreness is okay. Pain is not. That being said...I reached my second weight goal! I weighed in at 145 lbs exactly 6 months after I began my conditioning program. I have lost a total of 30.5 lbs so far. I want to reach 5 more pounds, for sure, and then we'll see after that. If I'm still not happy with how my body looks, there is still work to be done. The scale says 145 but my mind isn't really ready to accept that so....back to the training grindstone [I already knew that was going to happen.] If I continue to train hard and restrict cals [my goal every day is about 1420] and it continues to fall off my body then obviously I didn't need it in the first place. I guess the good thing is that I've never felt like 140 was a plausible goal for me. Now I'm five pounds away from it and know I can achieve it, without beating my body up too much to achieve it. Heck, I even think 135 is within my reach, but may be too difficult to maintain without harming my body in the long run. I have to focus on the fact that I've worked a ton to gain a lot of muscle....I'd like to change what fat is still hanging about into lean muscle mass. So that's the ultimate goal. We'll see how it goes. I'm stoked and proud but also bitter that my body still doesn't look the way I want it too even though I've reached two goals already. Sometimes I fear that I'll never be happy with it, but I'll just keep working because that's what I know how to do.
  • ninerbuff
    Monday: No workout for me. I woke up too sore and exhausted...I pushed too hard too soon but I don't regret it one bit. However, my hip locked up again and my quads are killing me!! A little soreness is okay. Pain is not. That being said...I reached my second weight goal! I weighed in at 145 lbs exactly 6 months after I began my conditioning program. I have lost a total of 30.5 lbs so far. I want to reach 5 more pounds, for sure, and then we'll see after that. If I'm still not happy with how my body looks, there is still work to be done. The scale says 145 but my mind isn't really ready to accept that so....back to the training grindstone [I already knew that was going to happen.] If I continue to train hard and restrict cals [my goal every day is about 1420] and it continues to fall off my body then obviously I didn't need it in the first place. I guess the good thing is that I've never felt like 140 was a plausible goal for me. Now I'm five pounds away from it and know I can achieve it, without beating my body up too much to achieve it. Heck, I even think 135 is within my reach, but may be too difficult to maintain without harming my body in the long run. I have to focus on the fact that I've worked a ton to gain a lot of muscle....I'd like to change what fat is still hanging about into lean muscle mass. So that's the ultimate goal. We'll see how it goes. I'm stoked and proud but also bitter that my body still doesn't look the way I want it too even though I've reached two goals already. Sometimes I fear that I'll never be happy with it, but I'll just keep working because that's what I know how to do.
    We'll always feel something on our bodies could be better. That's not unnatural.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning plus 2 clients tonight. Also PT meeting to discuss some of the new programs being instituted into the Wellness program.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Good day. Got in all my water and stayed in deficit.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 2 clients and TKO tonight! I get to train back today too!

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Up a little, but I'm sure it's mostly water since I was short on it yesterday.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Sweating half to death - 77 degrees outside for my 30 minute 3 miles....I WORKED for that....still in pain in that damn hip, but that's probably going to take til the summer to fully heal. I guess that's what happens when you fracture bones...But it's not really hurting on a day to day basis and the soreness after exercise is lessening. I still have slight limitations when im in a deep bend but otherwise, it's slowly healing so that's the good news. I just can't stay down for long at all. Especially when I feel like there is so much to be done with my body. Still, I'm beat and for now, it feels good. We'll see when I wake up tomorrow morning!

Food: Okay. Under in calories at least.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Oh lookie...there's a picture to go with it. Here's the result of 6 months of hard training:

555799_10100538301571338_20720744_49132787_366770582_n.jpg

And wouldn't you know it, I still have more body goals, but the definition is starting to show up...FINALLY!!! 30 pounds less of me and I discovered I have muscles! Hooray!
  • brandiuntz
    Great pic, dream! You've made amazing progress.

Took an extra day of rest. Back to it today.

Wednesday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups: 3x10 Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls: 3x8x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10 (new position, more challenging).

Abs/back: 4x15 scissor kicks, 4x15 abdominal raises, 1x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x5x15lb front lateral raise.

Food: Been a bit over past few days. Will get back on it.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! TKO class, 2 clients and Volleyball team tonight!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Down a little today on weight, but I've already eaten a little more than usual by this time of the day!
  • ninerbuff
    Oh lookie...there's a picture to go with it. Here's the result of 6 months of hard training:

555799_10100538301571338_20720744_49132787_366770582_n.jpg

And wouldn't you know it, I still have more body goals, but the definition is starting to show up...FINALLY!!! 30 pounds less of me and I discovered I have muscles! Hooray!
    Nice job! Keep it going till you reach your goal!
  • ninerbuff
    Great pic, dream! You've made amazing progress.

Took an extra day of rest. Back to it today.

Wednesday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups: 3x10 Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls: 3x8x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10 (new position, more challenging).

Abs/back: 4x15 scissor kicks, 4x15 abdominal raises, 1x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x5x15lb front lateral raise.

Food: Been a bit over past few days. Will get back on it.
    Suck it up! I think everyone will have a week where they're over a few days.