OK i over did it this time

i over did it this time i dont know if its the weather or what cause it was really rainy outside but i ate almost 3000 calories and i feel like ****. i dont know how i am goin to redeem myself. will someone give me some encouragement?:frown:

Replies

• natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    i over did it this time i dont know if its the weather or what cause it was really rainy outside but i ate almost 3000 calories and i feel like ****. i dont know how i am goin to redeem myself. will someone give me some encouragement?:frown:
  • I'm reminded of the quote, "Failure isn't the falling down, but rather the STAYING down". I keep a sign with that very saying in my cubicle at work. It's a great reminder that we only fail when we stop. Along the way, we WILL make mistakes, and I know how discouraging that can be (I had a recent mishap with Chinese food), but it's about forgiving ourselves and moving toward our goals!

It's especially helpful to know that we're not alone out here!

Best of health to you! :drinker:
  • You have to just put this mistake aside and start new right now. I used to do the same thing...I'd get busy and run thru the drive thru and before you knew it I was on this downward spiral. Some things that I have done was to look at the calories of what your eating vs. how much exercise you need to do to burn it off. Is it at all possible to burn it off...chances are that you have to be and Olympic runner to get off some of those calories. I also take Alli and it has been wonderful for me!! Then I found this site!! I had plateaued and it was because I wasn't really watching my caloric intake....this has helped me get back on track! Down 2.5 since Sunday!! Woooo whooo....I've lost 17 since early January...which is pretty good.

Best of luck, don't focus on the bad do something to change it. :flowerforyou:
  • Hey girlie! Don't feel like you are alone - I went over by 73 calories today! I know that it doesn't sound like much, but I was only suppose to go to 1700 (including my exercise calories) and I went over with a chocolate brownie because my cravings are so bad this week. YIKES! Just know that it happens and the best thing you can do for yourself is to forgive, forget, and get back on track. The time and effort that you spend stressing about a bad day is so much worse for you than just letting it go. I really like the quote about failure and it reminds me of something I say to myself...the only difference between a ditch and a grave is how long you lay in it...so don't let this turn into either one, just start fresh in the morning with breakfast. I'm rooting for you! :flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Tomorrow is a brand new day. 1 day of blowing it will not ruin your efforts as long as you get back on track. :flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    The good thing about this is you get to make a better choice the very next time!!
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    thanks for all ya'lls support :smokin:
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    just keep in mind how you felt today when you did that and just think about it next time your about to binge. you learn from your mistakes dont let them ruin you.
  • pick yourself up and do better tomorrow learn from your mistakes as we all must and remember we are all human so we will make mistakes :smile: dont :sad: tomorrow is yet another day