1 glass vs. 8 ounces

ahertel0214
ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
So... I'm pretty bad about getting my water intake up to 8 glasses in a day but I'm getting better!

My questions is, is 8 ounces of water considered to be 1 "glass"?

Replies

• ahertel0214
    So... I'm pretty bad about getting my water intake up to 8 glasses in a day but I'm getting better!

My questions is, is 8 ounces of water considered to be 1 "glass"?
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Yes...
  • tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    lol...that is a solid question, that requires a trick answer. 8 ozs is in fact concidered a 1 cup measurement, however, you will be hard pressed to find a glass that is in that size, if you want to measure and count them that way. when i started drinking more water, i found my glasses actually held 2 "cups" worth...which made it great cause that meant i only had to drink 4 of them, not 8...trick you mind...it works for advertisers, why can't it work for us? lol
    I also learned to space them through out the day...one at every meal, and one before bed=4
    Here is the kicker...my dietician informa me that you can in fact add coffee, teas etc as "water" She says that is is about increasing the liquid intake. Although, she says to count these others as slightly less because if they have caffeene, obviously they are dehydrating. so when i have a cup of coffee, i count it as half a cup instead. i know, something that should be simple, and it turns out clear as mud, lol good luck
  • ahertel0214
    I guess it was a silly question - thanks though. ;0)
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    1 cup=8 oz

and usually if you drink a bottle of water, it holds a little over 2 cups:)

TGIF!
  • tdroseler
    tdroseler Posts: 165
    not a silly question at all...very important to know what's what...
    i didn't even know just howimportant getting more water really is when i started seriously trying to get healthy. I asked a lot of question...and still do...never be afraid to ask...that is part of being supportive.
This discussion has been closed.