I can't stop eating

Options
Well, I did today what I hoped I would not do...I ate continuously and it isn't even dinner time yet.

I am home sick with a cold. I kept myself busy, washing all the bedding, towels etc, reading the posts on this site and even chatting with some friends. But.....

I ate and ate and ate....two pieces of toast with peanut butter, then a bowl of cereal with skim milk and raisins, the a tortilla filled with a cheese omelette, then 3 rice cakes, then 2 pieces of toast and peanut butter, then 2 tiny chocolates, then a frozen mango (slices).I just polished off another bowl of cereal with raisins and skim milk. It is only 2pm.

Why do I do this :sad: I really want to lose this weight and have not done this in years. I weigh in on Monday and worked very hard all week. I have a nice chicken dinner planned and will get right back on track but what made me "turn off" and eat all these carbs?

Help please!

Replies

• curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    Well, I did today what I hoped I would not do...I ate continuously and it isn't even dinner time yet.

I am home sick with a cold. I kept myself busy, washing all the bedding, towels etc, reading the posts on this site and even chatting with some friends. But.....

I ate and ate and ate....two pieces of toast with peanut butter, then a bowl of cereal with skim milk and raisins, the a tortilla filled with a cheese omelette, then 3 rice cakes, then 2 pieces of toast and peanut butter, then 2 tiny chocolates, then a frozen mango (slices).I just polished off another bowl of cereal with raisins and skim milk. It is only 2pm.

Why do I do this :sad: I really want to lose this weight and have not done this in years. I weigh in on Monday and worked very hard all week. I have a nice chicken dinner planned and will get right back on track but what made me "turn off" and eat all these carbs?

Help please!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    try eating a big plate of steamed veggies. I was feeling the muchies today and i made myself a plate so big i never could have eaten it all and then ate till i felt like i couldn't eat any more. It worked for me:tongue:
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    thank you Cassia. I wish I had done that earlier today.....I just don't know why I get such cravings for the carbs....
  • roxinsox
    roxinsox Posts: 9
    Options
    Maybe it was also because you were sick? In my mind, I imagine your body needs lots of energy to fight a cold... :flowerforyou:
  • mkklutts
    mkklutts Posts: 13
    Options
    I have days like this too. When you feel like you just can't get full, and you only want carbs and sweets, but they just don't quite hit the spot. When I feel this way I try to eat veggies too. Green giant makes frozen veggies in low fat sauces that are really good and only about 30 cals per serving. They really fill you up! Good luck! you're not alone!
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    Veggies seem to be the logical thing to eat, but I've been exactly where you are. I guarantee that when you're in that "okay, what can I get my hands on NOW?!?" mode, broccoli isn't going to satisfy your urges. It's the toast and peanut butter and all the other stuff you ate that your body is craving.

And, yes, being sick makes us hungry sometimes. And when I hear my body calling out for food when I'm sick, I certainly don't deny it food. "Feed a cold, starve a fever?" Anyway, just concentrate on getting over your cold now and don't punish yourself for an afternoon binge. We ALL do it (if you haven't, raise your hands!!!). Just start over again tomorrow and wipe the slate clean.

:bigsmile:
  • MsLadybug
    MsLadybug Posts: 55
    Options
    I find for me what works when i'm having massive carb cravings is to eat protein. It kind of short circuits the carb cycle for me. I tend to eat some grilled fish or canned tuna. Its satisfying the way empty carbs aren't.