Day #1 Fast Food Challenge Check IN

30 Day Fast Food Challenge!
April 11, 2008 to May 10, 2008 smile

-No Fast Food for 30 Days (McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, or Taco Bell) I personally would say Panera or Subway is fine if you obviously eat healthy and stay under your allowed calories for the day!

...Nothing with a DRIVE-THRU...

-Every Morning I will start a Topic where we can all CHECK IN and state specific goals we have for ourselves.
-In the Evening I will start another Topic where we can CHECK OUT to see if we made it with out fast food, exercised, stayed under calorie allowance, and succeeded with or daily goals!

If we eat fast food... Then another member of this challenge can "challenge" you to complete any amount of sit ups, push ups, stretching, or whatever else you might feel is appropriate.

This will give us a little motivation to complete our goals and not consume fast food because if we do... we have other members who will give us something to do to make up for it! :laugh:

GOOD LUCK...

Members: Some days I sleep in because I enjoy to and I am a college student and when I can get sleep... I take it. So if I'm not up early for a Check IN or fell asleep too early for a Check OUT... feel free to start the topic! Thank you.

Determined2Drop~ Day #1 Check IN:

1.) Weight On The First Day Of The Challenge: 176.8 lbs.
2.) Daily Goals: Complete Some Housework, Exercise For At Least 30 Minutes, & Do Something Nice For My Boyfriend!
3.) Of COURSE No Fast Food. :tongue:

Good luck to everyone... You can do it!

Replies

• DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    30 Day Fast Food Challenge!
    April 11, 2008 to May 10, 2008 smile

-No Fast Food for 30 Days (McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, or Taco Bell) I personally would say Panera or Subway is fine if you obviously eat healthy and stay under your allowed calories for the day!

...Nothing with a DRIVE-THRU...

-Every Morning I will start a Topic where we can all CHECK IN and state specific goals we have for ourselves.
    -In the Evening I will start another Topic where we can CHECK OUT to see if we made it with out fast food, exercised, stayed under calorie allowance, and succeeded with or daily goals!

If we eat fast food... Then another member of this challenge can "challenge" you to complete any amount of sit ups, push ups, stretching, or whatever else you might feel is appropriate.

This will give us a little motivation to complete our goals and not consume fast food because if we do... we have other members who will give us something to do to make up for it! :laugh:

GOOD LUCK...

Members: Some days I sleep in because I enjoy to and I am a college student and when I can get sleep... I take it. So if I'm not up early for a Check IN or fell asleep too early for a Check OUT... feel free to start the topic! Thank you.

Determined2Drop~ Day #1 Check IN:

1.) Weight On The First Day Of The Challenge: 176.8 lbs.
    2.) Daily Goals: Complete Some Housework, Exercise For At Least 30 Minutes, & Do Something Nice For My Boyfriend!
    3.) Of COURSE No Fast Food. :tongue:

Good luck to everyone... You can do it!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    I guess I posted TOO early in the Morning... bump! :ohwell:
  • Fast Food Challenge

Kelly111800~Day #1 Check In

Weight On First Day Of Challenge: 185
    Daily Goals~Go Walking, Household Chores, Stay on track with program, Early Evening exercises,
    NO FAST FOOD!!!!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    this should be interesting ....

day 1 check in for me

weight on first day of challenge-240.2
    daily goals - #1 goal no fast food!!!! other goals treadmill and cleaning also walking around the mall because i need some new pants AGAIN and my usual weights tonight ... and as i said before NO FAST FOOD:bigsmile:
    j~
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    day#1 check in
    wagsgirls
    weight:185
    measurement:42in (i am adding this because i don't own a scale so i'm trying to keeptrack both ways!)
    goals: my normal walk which is 50 min., actually i would like to add to that(i know we are having pizza for supper!hope that doesn't count against me:ohwell: ) housework, no fast food! and try to drink more water!

this should really be a challenge since we are starting on a friday!
    good luck everyone!:heart:
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Fast Food Challenge

Lisabeth1005 Day #1 Check In

1. Weight On First Day Of Challenge: 195
    2. Daily Goals~Walk/Ride Bike, Household Chores, Drink Lots of Water!!!!!
    3. Count every intake. NO FAST FOOD!!!!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    chriss1tt day 1 check in

weight 169
    goals: treadmill, jump rope.:grumble:
    eat all my food(good stuff only):wink:
    NO FAST FOOD AT ALL.:devil:

GREAT CHALLANGE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!:smile:
  • Fast Food Challenge

Princess Ritty
    Weight:
    Goals for today: Drink another litre of water, Dont over indulge at Dinner
    No Fast food for dinner :grumble:

Good Luck!!!!

__x
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Keep up the goals! We can do this.:wink:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    I thought we had more of you out there wanting to join... :heart:
  • Julie1984
    Julie1984 Posts: 33
    Ok, I'll try this one.... I just watched Super Size Me a few days ago, so right now the thought of eating fast food makes me feel yucky anyway.

Starting weight: 181
    Goals: Cut down on sodium, exercise 5 days/week for 30 min-1 hour, stop overeating at dinner, no fast food besides Subway (only the healthier choices, of course).

Already have plans to go to an Asian restaurant tonight... I hope their California rolls aren't terribly bad :ohwell:
  • :happy: Good Afternoon All~
    So far I'm really proud of myself. Hubby and I took our first morning walk together with our dog. We did 1.5 miles in 30 minutes. I think we could have gotten the full 2 miles in if the dog didn't have to stop and smell EVERYTHING. I told hubby I am starting out with the 30 minute walk for the for couple of weeks. Then we can try an early evening walk before he leaves for work:) I FOUND MUSCLES I FOGOT I HAD.....LOL:laugh:

I'm keeping up with the food program also, not doing too bad today so far. Is a NAP an exercise?:yawn:

Check Back in tonight.
    Hugs and Luck,
    Kelly
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Congrats Kelly! :tongue:

Keep up the great work...

Believe it or not you do burn calories sleeping and taking naps... but definately not a significant amount.

:happy:
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Day #1 No Fast Food/goals challenge

wt: 140
    Goals: Meet and balance my food calories
    Exercise: take an extra walk at lunch today
    of course NO NO NO to fast food !

GODD LUCK !
    :drinker: :heart: :smooched:
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    I'm in!!!

Day #1 - No Fast Food/goal Challenge
    Weight today is: 186.2
    Today's goal - housework, get in 10 glasses of water and 20 minutes on elliptical
    Today major challenge is: Party this evening - stay away from pasta and sweets....and yes, no fastfood!!

Patricia
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    I hope everyone is having a great day... and completing goals! : )
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    I don't eat fast food. If I do, it's a blue moon. But then again, if you count subway...then yeah, I did that last week. Oohhhmmmmmmmm...how good it was too! :glasses:

Here goes...

Wt when started: 246.
    Wt today: 226
    Goals: Become healthy. Not only loosing weight and inches, but eating healthy.
    Exercise: To walk at least 2.5 miles every other day. To be more active daily when not walking (great challenge for me).
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    midday- so far so good! how about everyone else? did housework, i couldn't walk because it is raining here, BUT i did substitute i jogged in place and did some dancing while cleaning! i'm proud:happy: other than breakfast have only been drinking water and visiting the bathroom! which i think has helped me burn cals. since i have to go up and down the stairs to do so!:wink: but i did have my cappuchino cooler for breakfast. i have been trying to stay under my cals all day because i know i'm having pizza for supper, but i don't know any of the nutrition facts for it. so i want to be safe! anyway will try to check back in tonight it's family night so if not will definately be back tom.

good luck all!:heart:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Day 1 check in 152 lbs (I'm assuming I'm the same as I was last I weighed, I haven't weighed myself since Monday, as i only do a weekly weight).

No fast food isnt' TOO difficult for me, but how about NO CAFETERIA FOOD? I'll call that "fast food" for the purposes of this month.

that's the hard one for me working in a hospital, I wanna run down and grab some fries I see someone else eating, or hashbrowns in the am, etc.

So, this month. I will bring my meals to work with me. today, so far, so good. Although I did steal one french fry off of a co-workers plate. I stopped myself from going any farther, which I consider a complete accomplishment!

So my daily goal was to prepare and bring and EAT food from home for braekfast and lunch today. (I work 12 hr shifts)
  • Day 1
    I Have not had FAST FOOD since 3/3/08 and joined here 03/31/08
    Weight when started: 148.8
    Weight: as of today: 144.8
    My goals are : Meet my calories, Do more carido, and stay on track so I can make my goal.

Thanks