I'm itching for the teens

We have all been there. I have been there before even.

I have read Banks entries, I have researched, I have dedicated myself to this change, I am at a plateau.

I started in January and have been a health machine. I spend waking hours researching and learning all about the body. I find out new ways to maximize workouts, burn calories and sweat. I find new super foods, zero calorie pastas and answers to questions. I have lost inches and pounds and am very happy with my level of dedication.

BUT(T)

I am stuck! I have hanging out in 122 land for three weeks now. 122 does not want to let me go and I am just itching to see those teens. I know, this too shall pass and soon I will live among the teens, but right now I want to karate chop the scale and show it who is boss.

I have come so far, and yes I am so proud, but things are just getting annoying. I felt like I understood the science of weight but now I understand the science of waiting.

Banks is it time to get guerilla on my *kitten*?

Replies

• gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    We have all been there. I have been there before even.

I have read Banks entries, I have researched, I have dedicated myself to this change, I am at a plateau.

I started in January and have been a health machine. I spend waking hours researching and learning all about the body. I find out new ways to maximize workouts, burn calories and sweat. I find new super foods, zero calorie pastas and answers to questions. I have lost inches and pounds and am very happy with my level of dedication.

BUT(T)

I am stuck! I have hanging out in 122 land for three weeks now. 122 does not want to let me go and I am just itching to see those teens. I know, this too shall pass and soon I will live among the teens, but right now I want to karate chop the scale and show it who is boss.

I have come so far, and yes I am so proud, but things are just getting annoying. I felt like I understood the science of weight but now I understand the science of waiting.

Banks is it time to get guerilla on my *kitten*?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Yep, we can have all the knowledge in the world - but experience trumps knowledge everytime!!

It's not really real until we have to live it. :grumble: You will get there!! Hang in there and keep on truckin - assuming your body hasn't decided that enough is enough.

Get guerilla - what the heck - can't hurt anything :sick: At least you will be toning the muscle :love:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Get guerilla - what the heck - can't hurt anything At least you will be toning the muscle

love the idea and you're right...might as well get nice and toned if nothing else.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    I've been stuck at 200 for a month. Some days a little more, some days a little less. This weekend, I've got tons of physical activity planned and I'm going to the store today to buy lots of healthy food.

My run today was perfect and this weekend I'm busting that plateau!!!
  • Welcome to the club, girlfriend! I, however, seem to hover at around 117, and can't seem to break the plateau. I've posted numerous times on this board (so I don't want to bore everyone with again here), that I don't know why the scale isn't moving. Sometimes I think maybe this is what my weight should be. However, at 5'1, I've read that my weight should be anywhere between 105 and 109. Weight Watchers says that for my age, my weight should be between 106 and 132. So according to them I'm right in the middle.

I did hit 112 at one point and stayed there for at least 6 months. Then I inched back up to 117 and just can't seem to whittle down.

When I figure out how to do it I'll let you know! :-) But you're not alone, that's for sure!!!!! Keep working out, keep eating healthy and - I gotta believe - you'll end up where you body is suppose to be.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!