Help I want chocolate!

The one thing I really crave is CHOCOLATE!

I eat well and am doing more exercise, but I still want that chocolate, preferably as quickly as possible.

I try and limit myself to just a little each day.

BUT I LOVE CHOCOLATE!

help

:cry:

Replies

• pbkfit70
    pbkfit70 Posts: 38

I eat well and am doing more exercise, but I still want that chocolate, preferably as quickly as possible.

BUT I LOVE CHOCOLATE!

help

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    if you want it then have it! There are 100 cal chocolate bars called cadbury thins. There are also lots of low-cal brownies, chocolate cookies, and ice creams out there
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    I like the Kudo's bars... they have m&m and snickers... much healthier then going with the real thing!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I agree...eat it in moderation. The good new is though, is that chocolate is an acquired addiction..and can be broke. I used to want to eat it all the time too...but, after slowly cutting back...I RARELY crave it. Same thing with salt..they can both be broken.
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • pbkfit70
    I thought ice-creams were very high in calories?

I was given a box of chocolates recently and I'm trying to just keep to one or two a day. They are really gorgeous and that just about holds back the craving.

I've only seen Cadbury thins as a big tube, that would be fatal, once I started wouldn't stop.

I've tried Halva and other sweet things recommended... but they don't quite hit the taste buds the same way!
  • pbkfit70
    Thanks Kristinkoffa

That's what I'm trying to do, just a little at a time.

I don't drink tea or coffee, but a fair amount of diet coke. Do you think that creates urges for sweet things?
    :tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Cadbury thins? They are very yummy.... if you only buy 1, you can only eat one. I like the kind with toffee bits in it mmmmmmmmmmm
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Eat your chocolate! just in moderation. I wouldn't want to live my life without chocolate.
  • Kaylene
    Kaylene Posts: 8 Member
    Chocolate Pudding is another great way to satisfy the cravings!!

If it is important to you, make room for it in your calorie budget, that way you are more likely to stay with your program.

Good luck:smooched:
  • pbkfit70
    Yeah, up to now, I've been able to keep within my limits and you are all helping me restrain myself now from delving in the fridge!

I think I'll go for a walk across the fields, keeping well away from temptation.

:bigsmile:
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    I am the same way!
    Personally, if I can't eat chocolate, it's not worth it to me. :tongue: But of course, everything in moderation :flowerforyou:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Yes Diet Coke definately makes me have sweet cravings!
    I used to drink quite a lot too and when i cut back i noticed i didn't crave sweets as much then whenever i had a glass i craved sweets!!!

and i agree about having your chocolate! There are lots of real chocolate choices for around 100 calories!!!
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    The special K chocolatey dizzle bars are sooo good. It's 90 cal per bar.

Also, if you're really craving chocolate I would go for quality over quantity. If it were me, I'd go to a local chocolate shop and just drop like $4-6 on a piece or two of very high quality chocolate and the eat slowly and savor. This might be all you really need. Besides, if you have to drive to find a good chocolate shop it might not be worth the craving and if you do still find yourself getting in the car then it's going to totally be worth it.
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    And Special K Chocolatey Crunch Snack Bites are VERY yummy and quinch the chocolate crave! :o) Good luck! Oh and yes, eat chocolate in moderation!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    I've been buying bags of individual pieces of dark chocolate. My favorite ones are the Hershey's Dark Chocolate Nuggets with truffle filling. I also have them with almonds, and I found a bag of Hershey's 60% cacao with pure mint. I have been including them in my calorie count and eating one when the mood strikes. The darker the chocolate, the better it is for you. It has antioxidants and good fats too. Of course, moderation is still key, so 1 piece a day does it, but it keeps the cravings at bay. I know that I can have chocolate if I want it and not have to feel so guilty about it. Enjoy!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    I LOVE the individually wrapped Dove Ice Cream Miniatures. They are only 60 calories each! They satisfy my choco cravings and since they are individually wrapped, I don't over indulge.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Just found these on hungry girls website! :) They have other flavors on the actual CHUAO website! Might have to get some to have around for a special treat.

http://info.product-finder.net/chuao/ChocoPod-Purse.html
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233

BUT I LOVE CHOCOLATE!

help

I was told not to ignore your cravings. Eat it. Eat it slowly and savor the taste. Suck on a hershey's kiss or two...or three....watch the calories tho. There are times I HAVE to have some chocolate too. Wean yourself off of things.

You can still have chocolate, just in moderation.

Best wishes!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Hershey's also makes boxes of dark chocolate 100 calorie bars...I savor one most every evening...I log them into my food diary 1st thing in the morning, then plan the rest of the days meals to allow for that 100 calories.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Here's one thing I used to do. It maybe a bit to late to do this but I used to buy those solid milk choclate easter bunnies when they came on sale. I'd break them up into pieces and stuff them in the freezer when I got home. It's good chocolate but to me it's HORIBLE to eat when frozen. When I wanted choclate I'd take one piece out and leave it on the counter to defrost.

Usually by the time it defrosts, someone else had discovered it on the counter or I forget about my craveing.

Also it's less hassle but I have one of those singles bars and I get someone to hide the box. If I don't know where the box is I usually don't think about it