Do not do Jillian's 30 Day shred

13»

Replies

• DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261

LOVE what you wrote here. You've got to be tough to be good. A tough Manager in a work place earns more respect then the one who is easy going and lets their staff walk all over them, same goes for a trainer. She pushes you because you SHOULD be pushing yourself. Obviously if you're overweight, you're like that for a reason. I'm overweight, and yes genetics play a part in my "overweightedness" (had tests done, certain hormones make it harder for me etc.) BUT having genetics that cause you to be "fat" doesn't mean you can't be skinny (as such) just means you have to work harder. I ate 600cals worth of chocolate last night and soared above my calorie intake for the day.. Old me, old habits, before 30DS would have just wallowed away in self pity of "Ohh I shouldn't have done that" but instead I jumped on my exercise bike last night at 12am! Burnt 500cals in an hour of cycling, then came back 45mins later and did an extra hundred cals.
    Jillians approach isn't so much as harsh but is a No Excuses approach, because really.. There are no excuses, it's these excuses that WE made up that made us gain weight in the first place..

Very well said!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I personally like No More Trouble Zones better. And I like Jillian. I think she seems nice and she's very supportive and motivating.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Geeze, why the hate? But what would you expect by making a thread like this. I see at least 10 threads a day praising the 30 day shred.

There are about as many posts on other programs like TurboFire, Insanity, P90X, C25K...

The "hate" is because you can't just make a statement that makes absolutely no sense and expect people to agree with you. Many took the time to explain why the OP was wrong, some just stated she was wrong... No hate :p
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Dammit I wanted to read this!
  • Maybe i am wrong, but I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and results when it comes to everything in fitness and weight loss (and really, in life). Which is why reading stuff on these message board is so awesome.

Let's try not to jump down each other's throats and argue like grown adults. :)

Anyway, I did 30DS and felt sort of gross when I took a few days off for medical reasons, but the second I went back my body reacted positively and I felt great. It totally could have been a combination of things or just your body's reaction to it. I hope you try to keep with it for a bit or find something else equally awesome for yourself!
  • Hi Everyone :)
    I'm brand new to all this My Fitness Pal, so forgive me if i'm in the wrong place to be asking this, but how many calories does 30 day shred burn approx please?
    i haven't actually started it, but defo will do :)
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    peacek
    Joined Jul 2011
    Topic: Would You Be Offended If... Wed 03/07/12 09:28 AM I like people who keep their comments to themselves- especially if it's related to my workouts!

That was something the OP said on another thread. How interesting. :)
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Hi Everyone :)
    I'm brand new to all this My Fitness Pal, so forgive me if i'm in the wrong place to be asking this, but how many calories does 30 day shred burn approx please?
    i haven't actually started it, but defo will do :)

Anywhere between 150-250 is what I've seen on forum from others, 200-250 for me. Depends allot on how much effort you put into it and your workout shape. Log it as general aerobics or something like that, or get a HRM ;)
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    I'm 5' 4" and about 144lbs. I'm fairly new to adding exercise (ie, out of shape). My HRM has clocked me between 228-258 for the 27 minute level 1 workout.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Today it was 185 calories according to my Polar Ft40 HRM but truthfully it will vary per person. If you don't have an HRM, I would roughly estimate 150 cal. to be on the safe side.