Diabetes Support Group~~~Part 1

Replies

• jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Hello everyone! :happy:

I am just checking in, not much going on here, staying on the path to good health and that is about it.

Marie: It sounds like this diet is doing well for you, Keep up the good work. Take care!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    I can say one thing about eating a whole can of spinach. It keep you from getting hungry and a good cleansings in the morning. I have been drinking a lot of water. Hope it helps in my water retention.
    I need to start eating more fish. The tuna salad was pretty good today./ Have enought for lunch tomorrow. I found out today these veggies has as much fiber than the high fiber bread. He recomend eating half of a servings of fruit to keep the carbs down. So I will have 5 cherries tonight before bed. Marie

Yes, spinach is a very good cleanser........ :flowerforyou: :laugh:

For some reason my blood sugar is high in the morning (at least high for me). It has been ranging from 139 - 148 since Saturday morning. Could be stress, work has been stressful and busy hear lately.

Yes, I recommend veggies and fruit over bread any day...............
  • July24Lioness
    Hello everyone! :happy:

I am just checking in, not much going on here, staying on the path to good health and that is about it.

Marie: It sounds like this diet is doing well for you, Keep up the good work. Take care!

Good morning!!!

Sounds like you are on track JD.

I am still reading up on the Primal Blueprint. Waiting for my book to come in, so I downloaded some portions of it from the website.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Good to see your smiling faces this morning. I lost 1.2 lbs sinxw yeaterday/ Pretty good. I really like the new thread That Sassie has. Can't think of the name now. Its a big group and all seems to be sincere. and jolly. The low carbs seems to be agreeing with me. I am going to put my dairy on pulic view as soon as my Daughter come out and help me do it. Which is This coming Sunday. I think that will help me stay on track better. I know how to get it made public but don't know how to get the link to my post.
    Marie
  • July24Lioness
    Good to see your smiling faces this morning. I lost 1.2 lbs sinxw yeaterday/ Pretty good. I really like the new thread That Sassie has. Can't think of the name now. Its a big group and all seems to be sincere. and jolly. The low carbs seems to be agreeing with me. I am going to put my dairy on pulic view as soon as my Daughter come out and help me do it. Which is This coming Sunday. I think that will help me stay on track better. I know how to get it made public but don't know how to get the link to my post.
    Marie

We are all doing good over there. Just need to find out what is causing my blood sugar to spike.

The only thing that has changed is my stress level, so I think that is it.
  • CALIECAT
    Lioness, I think I did order the right book. I hope so for eating berries and nuts all day isn't eating. I think I will have a protein shake with berries for lunch. Caliecat

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Congrats on getting below 200 this morning. that is a great milestone. So proud of you.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Good Saturday morning.......Just checking in.
    calie
  • CALIECAT
    Good Sunday Morning, I have done will well this week. I have turn into a cavewomen. I am on the Caveman diet. It is just basicly a clean diet. No processed food . No Flour, sugar grains. I have slso learn to visulized my Journey of weight loss. When I take a shower every morning I can just see the water wahing the fat off of me. Also I am visulizing my food plate about the size of my fist for I heard our stomach is about the sized of you fist. I am sure mine is much larger. 2 lbs down from last Monday so far.
    My daughter and I are going out shopping and out to eat. For once I am not worrying about food. For I will get the waitress to bring me a doggie box and pack everything in it that is over my Fist plate, And have it for dinner tonight or tomorrow. This is a great world that we lived in. My blood sugar is doing great too. I don't have to do so much cooking. For It takes me a long time to eat a bag of veggies. I cooked enough meat for 2 servings and that cut down on cooking. Eat a lot of fresh berries for dessert [ i Will not over a fist size at night before bed. I am keeping my carbs down to 20 or 30 a day. Like I said this is a great world.......... Calie

Be Happy and keep up the good work. Eat clean, Keep your food chart up. Do some exercise. Post as regular as possible.
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Hi Marie, Its your good friend Debbie, hope you haven't forgot me! I certainly haven't forgotten you. Wow your group is growing and doing really well I might ad. Way to go JD what an inspiration your weight loss is.
    As we all know weight loss is harder with an illness such as diabetes. I base my success on keeping my # in check and how I feel. I can't get too hung up on the numbers, only causes stress and depression and that doesn't help the diabetes, so its a cycle, but you all seem to be figuring it out and that's a good thing, so share your discoveries cause we can all help each other.
    Marie we are still working on the remodel, one of those things where you do what you can as money and time allow, but we are getting there and its so nice.
    I have just accepted a job offer and I am so happy and excited. So I will be pursuing a new career and its a new chapter in my life. God has given me my health back and I am so blessed. Its been a long six yrs. of being disabled to the extent of not being able to work and this is a real opportunity so I am elated.
    I do plan to watch my diet more closely and get back into my exercise routine, as its never easy for me in the summertime, but I always do well in the fall., and it will be upon us soon.
    Take care, and good luck to all,
    Debbie
  • July24Lioness
    Good morning everyone.............

I found the culprit of the high blood sugar readings...............

It was my meter, not me. I have 5 different meters and Saturday morning, took a test with each one of them and all of them read virtually the same (within a point or two of one another) except for one.
  • CALIECAT
    Hello Debbie, no I have not forgotten you. So glad to see you dropping in on us. Do it more often. Lov e hearing from you. Still remodeling that is a job but so worth it. I see that the heeters have just about close down. Thats a sham, It was doing so good when you guys first move here. I still keep in touch with Cindy. I belong to another thread now where they came from another web site. I really like it, It is all about carb counting., and we weigh every Tues morning. A really nice bunch of girls. I had set my goal at 3 lbs for this week
    and with a little luck I will make it. Help give me a push to make it in the morning.

Keep in touch Debbie...................Marie
  • K2T4e2n6
    K2T4e2n6 Posts: 50
    I am signing up to participate in a Diabetes fitness event in Savannah. It's on October 17th. I am going to just do the 5k walk but they also have cycling and kayaking too! If anyone is from Georgia (I'm in Warner Robins) do you maybe want to participate with me?? You can do teams or I'm just going to go by myself (which seemed like a bummer). Below is the link if anybody wants to check it out or maybe do something in their area.

http://www.diabetes.org/communityprograms-and-localevents/whatslocal.jsp

I don't have diabetes (yet?) but my mom, sister and aunt do so it's a cause very near and dear to my :heart:

If anyone's interested just PM me. I'm not sure if we can give out private email on the site.

Thanks for your time!
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks K2 for the information. I live in Texas so I don't think I can attend. thats sound like a good program. I have 2 cyber friend in Ga. Must be a wonderful state. But ao is Texas. Have fun and lets us know how it turn out.......... Calie
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Hi Marie thanks for the warm welcome. I'm back and this time to stay. I will begin working full time after yrs of being disabled, and I am so excited for the opportunity, doing the work I love and seeing old co-workers it's more than I ever dreamed possible.
    I have written a blog to share and hopefully inspire, and started a group under motivation and support called "coming full circle". This group is to give encouragement, share a laugh and best of all form lasting friendships. Still I think its great we here have so many groups that strike a cord with us and help us in our journeys and its very real and very personal for all of us. Clearly its support meets our every need and that's great so its so good with that all said to be back in touch.
    I am pleased to say that only a 4 lb. gain for me since March so I don't think that is too bad and sugar levels are in the norm range today and I'm feeling good. I wish the same for all of you.
    I look forward to knowing you all a little better and please share and continue to share. I am diabetic type 2.
    So glad Marie to have this awesome support here.
    have a great day!
    Debbie
  • CALIECAT
    Welcome back Debbie. So glad you are going to be a regular here. remmeber We are not here to fuss at you, but to support you. 4 lbs is not bad I did that in one week. Still fighting to get it off.. I had a 3 lb lost this week. Today was our WI. Glad you are going back to work, more glad that you are feeling better.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Hello you guys, Nice day today. I am making chile for dinner tonight. Smells so good.

How has your day gone.?

Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Hi there, all is well in my neck of the woods.

Need to get on the ball and read my Primal BluePrint and implement it.

I am going shopping in 2 days to replenish, does anyone think I can finish a 280 page book in 2 days?
  • jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Hello everyone! Just checking in, things are going well for me. Sugar is staying in the right range and my diet is going okay. Dropping weight very slowly, but that should be good. Hope this finds everyone doing well! Talk to you soon! :happy:
  • CALIECAT
    Lioness, I have know you long enought that anything is possible with you. You have been a dear friend.

JDhall....Sounds like everything going your way. That's wonderful.

Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Sounds like everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing!!!

Well, I am popping in and out, I am busy at work today. Ha, think of that, they are actually making me work!!!!

Hopefully I will be done with this book by tomorrow. Haven't even had time to read it yet.