"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Got a client and kickbox class this morning. Later going to go get a new video camera since the last one we had is obsolete now. Ah to keep up with technology.

Cardio: kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Well I did okay yesterday. Sodium was up, but always is since I eat Vietnamese every Friday.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    ]I'm getting ready to put in "MFP online typing time".....................................

:laugh: It's an EXCELLENT finger strengthening exercise. Calorie burn is a bit low, though. :wink:
  • brandiuntz
    Saturday! Yay for the weekend!

Cardio:

HIIT

1. 2 minute warm up - light jog.
    2. Sprint 15 seconds and recover jog for 45 seconds. 11 sets (11 minutes total).
    3. 20 minutes light paced jog.
    4. 1 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute of jogging. 12 minutes.
    5. 5 minutes cool down jog.
    6. 15 minutes of stretching.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Saturday! Yay for the weekend!

Cardio:

HIIT

1. 2 minute warm up - light jog.
    2. Sprint 15 seconds and recover jog for 45 seconds. 11 sets (11 minutes total).
    3. 20 minutes light paced jog.
    4. 1 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute of jogging. 12 minutes.
    5. 5 minutes cool down jog.
    6. 15 minutes of stretching.

Food: on target.
    Yep, Yep!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! TKO at 10:00 this morning, but since today is the 1st of April, I'm starting my month off hard! Will be getting in an extra back workout since I feel it's still one of my lagging parts.
    New month, new aspirations, and dammit I'm ready to start cutting up for summer now, so here's to starting my 3 month cut cycle now!

Cardio: NONE

Strength:back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I'll be honest and say I ate like crap yesterday.
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Tennis with the kids yesterday. Not exactly a workout, but good quality family time.

Today: total body strength training, "heavy" day.

9 reps per set this week, two warmup sets and two working sets per exercise. Also a slight change in the routine - regular deadlifts instead of stiff-leg, and the bicep/tricep superset at the end (dropping the calf raises.)

Deadlifts @ 185 lbs
    Bench Press @ 185
    Squats @ 165
    Barbell Rows @ 135
    Overhead Press @ 95
    Superset of bicep curls and tricep extensions @ 65 lbs (EZ bar)

Plus: Ab Ripper X.

I need to check my deadlift form as I got an exertion headache during the working sets. Coulda been diet as I hadn't had much to eat prior to working out today. Will pay close attention next time.
  • brandiuntz
    Nice workout, spartacus!

Sunday: Softball games. 2 games. I played catcher in 1.5. So, about 70-90 minutes of play for me. Not too much base running today (crappy hitting), but had a nice tag at home to deny a run.

Food: too much junk, but still okay on calories.
  • ninerbuff
    Tennis with the kids yesterday. Not exactly a workout, but good quality family time.

Today: total body strength training, "heavy" day.

9 reps per set this week, two warmup sets and two working sets per exercise. Also a slight change in the routine - regular deadlifts instead of stiff-leg, and the bicep/tricep superset at the end (dropping the calf raises.)

Deadlifts @ 185 lbs
    Bench Press @ 185
    Squats @ 165
    Barbell Rows @ 135
    Overhead Press @ 95
    Superset of bicep curls and tricep extensions @ 65 lbs (EZ bar)

Plus: Ab Ripper X.

I need to check my deadlift form as I got an exertion headache during the working sets. Coulda been diet as I hadn't had much to eat prior to working out today. Will pay close attention next time.
    Breathing being off can do it too.
  • ninerbuff
    Nice workout, spartacus!

Sunday: Softball games. 2 games. I played catcher in 1.5. So, about 70-90 minutes of play for me. Not too much base running today (crappy hitting), but had a nice tag at home to deny a run.

Did you win?
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Alright pretty much start to the new month! I usually weigh in on Tuesdays on a cut cycle so I'll start tomorrow, but here is my starting weight as of yesterday:

191.2lbs

So my goal is 7.5lbs this month and following months to hit my goal.
    Have a couple of clients this morning and later on this evening another as well as TKO class. It's Easter vacation week for my DD, so she'll be home all week trying to help me out in the house and looking for ways to kill some time and not be bored.
    I'm ready to rock this though!

Cardio:Arc trainer- 30 min (275 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I ate over yesterday by 1000 calories, but weight stayed pretty stable.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Everyone here is killing it! Awesome to see. I don't have much to report. I kind of fell off the bandwagon all last week and ate whatever I wanted. But I got disgusted with myself again [whew, that didn't take long!] So I officially kicked today's goal in the *kitten* - I only ate 755 cals thanks to low-cal food options and ballroom class helped me shed off 148 cals! Now THIS is the way to get back on track. [And no, this isn't how every day looks, I do eat enough.]

That is all.
  • brandiuntz
    Nice workout, spartacus!

Did you win?

We did. Both games; beat both teams by a lot. We're just a D team, but a good one in our league. Was fun.

Monday: Was supposed to have batting practice. Rained out. Took it as a rest day so I could get some other errands done.

Food: On target.
  • ninerbuff
    Everyone here is killing it! Awesome to see. I don't have much to report. I kind of fell off the bandwagon all last week and ate whatever I wanted. But I got disgusted with myself again [whew, that didn't take long!] So I officially kicked today's goal in the *kitten* - I only ate 755 cals thanks to low-cal food options and ballroom class helped me shed off 148 cals! Now THIS is the way to get back on track. [And no, this isn't how every day looks, I do eat enough.]

That is all.
    A day won't kill ya.
  • ninerbuff
    Nice workout, spartacus!

Did you win?

We did. Both games; beat both teams by a lot. We're just a D team, but a good one in our league. Was fun.

Monday: Was supposed to have batting practice. Rained out. Took it as a rest day so I could get some other errands done.

Food: On target.
    Win is a win. Congrats!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning a client this morning and one tonight. I start Tabata for myself today on the elliptical so that should be fun. Probably going to mow the lawn today too since the grass is getting really high!

Cardio:Tababta protocol elliptical- 12 minutes (4 minute warm up, Tabata, 4 minute cool down) 236 calories.

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Down slightly, but on track. I ate fine yesterday and water was good.
  • spartacus69

That is all.

Good to get back on the bandwagon; keep it up!
  • spartacus69
    Missed cardio day yesterday; had to work late.

Yep, it was the breathing! No problem today.

"Medium" strength day; ~10% down from the last time.

Deadlifts @ 170 lbs x 9 reps per set
    Bench Press @ 170
    Squats @ 155
    Barbell Rows @ 125
    Overhead Press @ 85
    Superset of bicep curls and tricep extensions @ 60 lbs (EZ bar)

Plus: 100 various crunches (5x20.)
  • ninerbuff
    Missed cardio day yesterday; had to work late.

Yep, it was the breathing! No problem today.

"Medium" strength day; ~10% down from the last time.

Deadlifts @ 170 lbs x 9 reps per set
    Bench Press @ 170
    Squats @ 155
    Barbell Rows @ 125
    Overhead Press @ 85
    Superset of bicep curls and tricep extensions @ 60 lbs (EZ bar)

Plus: 100 various crunches (5x20.)
    Hardcore! Love it.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Have a couple of clients today and TKO. Will be going shopping later today to get bday gifts for my mom and older brother whose bdays we will be celebrating this Saturday.

Cardio:Arc climber- level 35 30 min (320 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I'm up a little from eating too many dried mangoes.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Down for the count with a nasty nasty head cold. I can't focus on anything right now. Managed to make it through work. I can't sleep hardly and my chest feels so heavy, it's hard to breathe. However, a bunch of that mucus came out today which is a good sign that hopefully I'll be over it in the next couple days. Still, I walked to dog but today I don't even feel like getting out of this chair. MY head hurts so bad lol. I don't really have a desire to eat either, so at least my calories have been really low. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get back in the gym, but right now it's just not happening.