Does the count for excersice?

I am new at this. I just left Target and walking around there pushing a heavy shopping car for about an hour. I feel like I may have burned a little something. So my question is...can I count this as a cardio work out? I know it was a lesuierly walking pace...but doing that for an hour should count for something right?

Replies

• I am new at this. I just left Target and walking around there pushing a heavy shopping car for about an hour. I feel like I may have burned a little something. So my question is...can I count this as a cardio work out? I know it was a lesuierly walking pace...but doing that for an hour should count for something right?
  • I count the time when I am at work (waitress) . If I didnt I wouldnt be able to eat anything besides celery. Haha So go ahead and count it, its not going to hurt, you did walk around for an hour. Just log it as a leisurly pace. Thankts what I think
  • Great! Thank you!
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    hey i even count typing! 70 minutes of it still burns over 100 calories. I looked it up.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    You'd be surprised what is already listed under cardio. If I am not mistaken, pushing a stroller is listed, so if you can't find 'shopping cart' substitute 'stroller'. :)
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Hello there and Welcome. It is good to have you with us.
    I went looking on the internet for a site that would help me calculate how many calories I was burning doing chair exercises. (I have injured my knee and can barley walk from room to room right now) I know that EVERY THING we do burns some calories but just how many I didn’t know. I already knew that just shaking your foot while sitting burned a few as well. No it isn’t cardio but it dose burn a few at least *giggle*
    They are always telling us to park a little farther from the door when we go anywhere, to take the stairs, also to walk to someone’s desk and talk to them instead of sending an email, etc….. So ALL and any extra movement helps.
    Anyway…here is the site. Add your weight and type shopping in the box the hit search. It will tell you how many calories you burned.
    I think someone may have posted this link for me….I can‘t remember. There are lots of nice people here. Just let them know what you are looking for and they will help you find it.
    Again Welcome!
    Loretta
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Boy am I ever a not a bright puppy lol. I didn’t add the link to the site….
    Sorry y’all…here it is…..

http://calorielab.com/burned
  • That is an awsome website!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    I am a little concerned about two things. At what point should I consider something "exercise" versus what is considered part of the calories that were calculated when I set my goals? I said I was very active, so do I still get to count extra laps around the mall? I just don't want to overcalculate my calories.

The other concern I have is that I have heard that as we lose weight we need fewer calories to maintain our weight. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, should we "re-do" our calculations to lose weight at a certain point?
  • time2wrk
    I am a little concerned about two things. At what point should I consider something "exercise" versus what is considered part of the calories that were calculated when I set my goals? I said I was very active, so do I still get to count extra laps around the mall? I just don't want to overcalculate my calories.

The other concern I have is that I have heard that as we lose weight we need fewer calories to maintain our weight. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, should we "re-do" our calculations to lose weight at a certain point?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Time2work,

You can update your diet / fitness profile every week. You enter your new weight and workout goals and you will get new stats.

BTW: As you can see, I am on line at 1:42 AM, Pacific Time. I will never be a lark. I am a confirmed owl.
    I argue with my alarm clock incessantly:grumble:

Cheryl
  • time2wrk
    Well, good morning from a lark!!! :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Yeah! Good morning back at ya! :glasses:

I get up at noon.

~cm