Got hurt and made an idiot of myself

I roller skated with my kids today, and I was taking a corner really fast, and my feet flew out from under me.
BAM!! I landed right on my hip joint. Now I have a nice big purple bruise there:cry:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I roller skated with my kids today, and I was taking a corner really fast, and my feet flew out from under me.
    BAM!! I landed right on my hip joint. Now I have a nice big purple bruise there:cry:
  • So sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better. Did you atleast laugh at yourself first in hopes of beating everyone else to the punch? I fall often and always make sure that I am the first to laugh:smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I did something like that the first time on roller blades. My sister took me down a steep hill and I completely wiped out in someone's lawn! Grass everywhere.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    I wiped out on my bike in front of my pre-teen son and all his friends. Of course I was trying to be a show off and then wiped out or should I say assed out!:laugh:

We were all laughing so hard! I thought it would embarrass my son, but he thought it was cool that his mom was trying to "hang" with his friends. Love that boy!

At least you got a cool story to tell/laugh about!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Sorry to hear that you took a hard fall ! The very last time that I had gone roller skating with the kids, I was speeding around the rink when suddenly out of no where a very litte girl was crossing right in front of me...............needless to say my only choice was to go down...yep , right on my tail bone. Ouch !!! I was sssooooo sore for about two weeks. :ohwell: I hope other than that you had a nice time
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    We just don't land as easy as when we were children. Maybe an ice pack, and hubby and kids spoil you for a couple of days. :wink: Play it for all it's worth, how often do you get waited on:flowerforyou: Hope your feeling better soon, and your pride too.:smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    OOOOwwww I am sorry you got hurt. But wow you must have been flying. Good job getting out there skating. I love to skate. My feet don't love it but I enjoy it.

:bigsmile: