Pizza

Replies

• BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Love Pizza. Jumpin on thebandwagon, but it takes a massive amount of control to eat just one slice! It's like pringes...you can't eat just one! I have it once or twice a month and I nearly eat the whole pie myself in one sitting! That and half an order of pepperoni cheese bread with spaghetti sauce as dipping sauce. Then I have it for lunch or snack a day or two later (waste not, want not)

It's the ulimate food! Meat, vegetables, cheese, breads, spice...fruits and even fish as well!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    It may have to do more with the nutrition quality that pizza provides is not really conducive to healthy lifestyle. I have one cheat meal a week, so I use it on foods like pizza...

Says WHO?
    Veggies are not bad
    Carbs are not bad
    Tomato sauce - a veggie - not bad
    Cheese - not bad

Most people will eat ALL of these things - so why is the PIZZA forbidden? All it amounts to is a change in the packaging.

I agree- although pepperoniis not exactly a "healthy meat" I have started leaving it off- other wise it really isnt bad for you, I think it a mind set, and control. I get out my two slices and put the rest away :)
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    It may have to do more with the nutrition quality that pizza provides is not really conducive to healthy lifestyle. I have one cheat meal a week, so I use it on foods like pizza...

Says WHO?
    Veggies are not bad
    Carbs are not bad
    Tomato sauce - a veggie - not bad
    Cheese - not bad

Most people will eat ALL of these things - so why is the PIZZA forbidden? All it amounts to is a change in the packaging.

Tomatos are actually a fruit, not a vegetable.

I eat pizza usually once a week and its usually at least a 9" to myself - Yummy!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    I love pizza!! We have it almost every Friday in my house, I am considering making my own instead (at least for me). I usually get a small pizza with a whole wheat crust, no regular cheese but parmesan, onions, mushrooms, peppers, black olives and pineapple....sooo yummy and I think there is nothing wrong with that! :)

I say add more veggies to make it healthier, but I see nothing wrong with pizza. :)
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Had two slices for breakfast, hell of way, to start your day.
  • ashisashortone
    ashisashortone Posts: 14 Member
    I eat pizza all the time! When it's from a restaurant though, I usually limit myself to one slice. When I make it at home though, it's loaded with veggies and I use a whole wheat crust. Then I may have a couple of slices. Just an FYI, I just found this out, so I may have been living under a rock, but pizza hut has little personal pan pizzas that are VERY filling. One personal veggie lovers is around 400 calories. :smile:
  • I'm guessing because most people can't just stop at one slice. Pizza is my weakness. I love it. I'm starting to make my own thought with whole wheat crust and lots of veggies then I usually add a side salad.
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Pizza CAN be just fine. It's comprised of all the things that would make an ordinary meal healthy, it just gets bad press because there are fast food pizza places that make it really greasy or butter the crust and all kinds of things. There's a mom-and-pop type of place down the street from my apartment that makes the BEST pizza I've ever tasted and it's all legit ingredients. Not heavy handed on the sauce/cheese/toppings, not greasy, just a nice crispy crust with just enough chew and just the right amount of everything: essentially perfect. So I make room for it in my daily allotment and we order it by the slice. I've never had a problem.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    I love pizza, I have two slices every Friday.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    I couldn't do this journey if pizza was forbidden. However, I've been able to learn that 2 slices fills me up and to stop (most of the time) at 2 slices. I understand for some folks, once the pizza hits the lips, its like the Frank the Tank scene where Frank couldn't stop at just one beer because it tasted so good :) I have my weaknesses where I can't self control and I'm better off just staying away from those foods (i.e., cape cod chips).
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    I love pizza and do double work outs when I plan to eat it...I refuse to give up the things I enjoy. Just using some moderation.
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Pizza is fine, just stick with thin crust and only 1 or maybe 2 slices.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Pizza makes me happy
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    It is Round Table Pizza, I will eat 4 slices. (Or even 5). And get limited fiber, protein, and lots of saturated fats. (I do eat my pizza with less cheese, so maybe it is only 180 calories per slice)

I live alone, so if I order a pizza that also means I need to keep eating it for the next few days as well. So it isn't the best plan for my eating goals.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Pizza is my kryptonite. Like the old Lays Potato Chip commercials, I just can't eat one slice. Almost any food in the moderation, and in the right proportion is okay.

ugh, same here! unless it's somewhere that i can order by the slice, i will eat at least half of a pizza in one sitting! moderation is key, yes, but difficult for me ;)
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    I eat pizza weekly... I think that if you're on a 1200 calorie a day diet, eating two slices of pizza takes up half your calories. I can see why it's forbidden for some.

This is so true. I am on the 1200 Calorie a day diet. I had two thin slice veggie pizza last week and that was 480 calories, I can imagine if I would have had a pan, meat lovers which is what I normally get.
  • Thanks for all the replies!!! I really LOVE a slice of pizza...
  • I love the Digiorno 200 calorie pizza's! They are awesome! Maybe you should try those! And they keep me full!
  • jladell88
    jladell88 Posts: 4 Member
    HI :) Buy a package of whole wheat 12" thin crust, whatever marinara or tomato sauce you like, mozzerella cheese, and your choice of veggies (I used grape tomatoes, red onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and added smoked turkey. This makes the BEST homemade HEALTHY pizza ever. My husband, myself, and 3 year old daughter ate the whole pizza ourselves :) Each slice is less than 200 calories.
  • I eat pizza...I actually had a slice last night and had a loss this morning. Everything in moderation. If I deprive myself of something, it makes me want it that much more. It's a mind *kitten*.

I am smarter than my weaknesses.