Diabetes Support Group~~~Part 1

Options

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Friday to everyone!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend to you lioness. Got a big one plan. We don't have nothing plan. May work out in the yard some. I will be making the loaded cauliflower tomorrow. It really sounds good. Sleep good tonight.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good Saturday morning, We have a nice day today. We have been below 100 for the past week.

My Caveman Diet is doing real good. I have a Protein shake for breakfast and one for lunch. At night I have a low carb meal. Working out pretty good.I am gettin around 1200 calories a day. Unless I get to nibbling [ and I don't keep a record of that.] But no nibbling the weekend. A comitment I made.

Hope all of you are doing fine
    Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    How is everyone doing in this neck of the woods?

Wanted to resurrect this thread as the other low carb thread that I created has went to the way side I suppose.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey I have been out of pocket here lately. Sorry about that. I went to the Doctor this morning and my blood sugar was up some but not too bad. and i gain 2 lbs. since I last went to her. So got to work extra hard this week. Own my scales I gain .08 of a lb this week. Maybe it will catch up with me this week.

Good to see lioness here this morning. Hope to see the rest of you this week sometime. Try to make a point to post and let us know how you are doing.

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    HERE i AM BRIGHT AND EARLY. Trying to lose that .08 of a lb. Well this week in I will for I my colon..
    that gallon of stuff will take care of that. I have this done Monday.

I will make sure I record every bite I eat this week. Try my best to keep it under 1200 calories.
    I had my Jay Robb shake this morning with frozen strawberries And whipping cream So good. I will go back to skim milk dry when I used all of this cream up. It is good too. I tried it out yesterday.

For lunch today I will have a Turkey low sodium Chicken salad on low carb braad. 23 carbs and a salad
    Tonight it will be grille chicen and turnips greens. Hope to find a nice turnip to diced up to add to it.
    Calie
  • jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi all! I am doing good, sticking with the program. I finally convinced my husband to come on MFP and try to loose some, he wants to loose 50 pounds. He has a lot to learn, He does not like to give up flavor and he does not measure anything. So we will see how he does, I will not force the issue, cause I know you have to want it for yourself or it will not work. I am hopeing this will help me even more! :happy:

Well take care all and I will be back soon!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Good morning, I am back in the saddle today after having cheesesteak sandwich, nachos and beer at Busch Stadium (ball game on saturday), Chinese food on Monday and ice cream on Tuesday.

My blood sugars are holding steady, just gained dag blasted water weight which I need to get off before next Tuesday's weigh in.

Calie - Are you still following the primal blue print? I thought that breads (grain) are not allowed on that plan?

And I know I lose better (for myself) when I consume more fat such as heavy whipping cream. I got some raw milk straight from a dairy farm and let it settle. I skimmed the cream off the top this morning and mmmmm, it is so much better than the store bought stuff. Makes me wonder what they do to it when it comes packaged from the grocery store.

JDhall - Your hubby might do well with low carb. Liberal amounts of protein, really don't have to worry about measuring veggies that much (i don't anyway) and eat good amounts of fat for satiety and taste and will still lose weight fasting than us women.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~`Lioness~~~~~~~~ I could not get any thing out of that book too much to read and all I wanted to know is What to eat. I am just on a low carb diet I eat lean meat, low carb bread. Sara lee Whole wheat 45 per sl bread,9 carbs per sl., Veggies. fruits mostly berries, Full fat cheese, little butter, good oil. I am thinking about adding flax seeds ground up in my shake in the morning. This will give me more fiber and good oil too.For my fruits I will only eat 1/2 servings. I understand the Drs. Eades program better. All I know is I have to control my carbs. I am going back to not go over 100 carbs a day. Stay away from Candy, Cookies All bake goods besides Sara Lee 45 calories per slice bread. 2 sl. have only 18 carbs. Makes a nice sandwich. I think this is a life time plan and hopefully I will not go off of it and have a binge. I been having a lot of problems with my blood sugar getting to low. So I need more Insulin. However I have cut way down and today it has been more stabalize.. So my two piece of bread a day is better for me. I may be wrong. This is what I got to find out. ............Calie
  • jdhall
    Options
    I know he will lose lots faster than me and will make me mad, but I will get over it! LOL!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~`Lioness~~~~~~~~ I could not get any thing out of that book too much to read and all I wanted to know is What to eat. I am just on a low carb diet I eat lean meat, low carb bread. Sara lee Whole wheat 45 per sl bread,9 carbs per sl., Veggies. fruits mostly berries, Full fat cheese, little butter, good oil. I am thinking about adding flax seeds ground up in my shake in the morning. This will give me more fiber and good oil too.For my fruits I will only eat 1/2 servings. I understand the Drs. Eades program better. All I know is I have to control my carbs. I am going back to not go over 100 carbs a day. Stay away from Candy, Cookies All bake goods besides Sara Lee 45 calories per slice bread. 2 sl. have only 18 carbs. Makes a nice sandwich. I think this is a life time plan and hopefully I will not go off of it and have a binge. I been having a lot of problems with my blood sugar getting to low. So I need more Insulin. However I have cut way down and today it has been more stabalize.. So my two piece of bread a day is better for me. I may be wrong. This is what I got to find out. ............Calie

The primal plan is this in a nutshell:

Eat Meat
    Eat Fat
    Eat lots and lots of veggies
    Eat Nuts
    Eat some fruit

Also, if your blood sugar is going to low, you need less insulin than if it were high............

I don't know, after researching different plans and reading about grains, I am never eating any type of bread product again. It has turned me off to the point that I no longer crave it.

I have given up all grains.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just checking in. Not much to tell except I am going back to just a low carb diet. All this fat isn't working for me. I know I need to keep my carbs down and I think I need to keep the fat down too. A little of the good fat like maybe 1 T good oil a day.All of our bodies work difference And Mine is telling me "lady you are fat enough without eating more" I will be eating lean meat,veggies,fruit and low fat milk.and whole grains in moderation. I have been lookin over the 1969 WW book which I was on in 1969 and got to my goal. It is basic a low carb diet. Nothing like the plan today. I have never been able to lose on it. I remember eating 5 all beef franks on Friday nightwith mustard, beets and greeen beans. So it wasn;t really a low fat diet. I am glad I found the book. I order it from the web site. I lost my original book.

I weigh 172 as I began and got sown to 125. Average 10 lbs. a month. Don't expect to do that good now for I am not as active. It will take a while to get my mind on it.And know what I am doing. Will keep my record here after my colonoscopy Monday. tomorrow is a liquid Day. Well time for bed
    Have agood night rest.

Lioness take care of yourself.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just reporting in on this beautiful Sunday morning. All is well. Fixing to go for my morning walk No bike for me.
    Looking forward to hearing something from you guys soon. Have a good day.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just a quick hello before I leave to go to the hospital.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Can't belive its been 3 days since I pop in.
    How is everyone doing?
    I am doing fine.Except I am gaining weight and don;t know why. I think I am not getting enough fibeer.
    Gonna work on that tomorrow.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This old gal is doing fine, I am losing all that water weight now.I should start feeling better soon.

For Breakfast this morning it will be :
    1 poached egg
    a sl of whole wheat buttered toast
    1/2 cantalope
    big glass of ice water

This is from a 1972 diet of weight watchers book.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just wishing you all a Happy Sunday Have a reat Day.:flowerforyou:
  • jdhall
    Options
    Hey all! I am doing great. Just celebrated my 27th wedding anniversary on the 28th of this month. My hubby and I went camping for the weekend with no other family or friends, so it was a nice and quiet weekend. Hope this finds everyone eating right and doing well. :happy:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    27th wedding anniversary Sounds like you had a nice one. Good to hear from you.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey all! I am doing great. Just celebrated my 27th wedding anniversary on the 28th of this month. My hubby and I went camping for the weekend with no other family or friends, so it was a nice and quiet weekend. Hope this finds everyone eating right and doing well. :happy:
    HAPPY 27TH ANINVERDARY, JRHALL:flowerforyou: ::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

BEEN MISSING YOU GLAD TO SEE YOU POP IN:flowerforyou: