Mental Problems

Cassia
Cassia Posts: 467 Member
So i have this really bad problem with panicking if my calories for the day get within the range of 400 left to eat and i am like "oh no! I'm getting close to the limit STOP EATING" well for instance yesterday i was going out to eat with my friends and i was planning to eat something fairly low in calories, well i had like 900 left ( i worked out and didn't eat very much that day) well i started panicking mentally. So my friends wanted to go to this hamburger joint which had NOTHING for me to eat so i brought some cereal with me and had that for dinner. I had a 1/2 pretzel at the show and a snack later on. Need less to say i had 450 calories left over. well I'm thinking oh my i need to go work out or something.
What is wrong with me!?! Has anyone else had this problem? What have you done about it?
I know i need to eat more than that but i always feel like i'm cheating if i eat any more.

one thing i forgot to say, i am set to lose 2 pounds a week and i wanted to get down to a good BMI before i changed it but i am probably eating to lose 3 pounds a week ( i have on average about 300 calories left over) and i guess ill admit it :angry: i am in the obese category :noway: :embarassed:

Replies

• Cassia
    So i have this really bad problem with panicking if my calories for the day get within the range of 400 left to eat and i am like "oh no! I'm getting close to the limit STOP EATING" well for instance yesterday i was going out to eat with my friends and i was planning to eat something fairly low in calories, well i had like 900 left ( i worked out and didn't eat very much that day) well i started panicking mentally. So my friends wanted to go to this hamburger joint which had NOTHING for me to eat so i brought some cereal with me and had that for dinner. I had a 1/2 pretzel at the show and a snack later on. Need less to say i had 450 calories left over. well I'm thinking oh my i need to go work out or something.
    What is wrong with me!?! Has anyone else had this problem? What have you done about it?
    I know i need to eat more than that but i always feel like i'm cheating if i eat any more.

one thing i forgot to say, i am set to lose 2 pounds a week and i wanted to get down to a good BMI before i changed it but i am probably eating to lose 3 pounds a week ( i have on average about 300 calories left over) and i guess ill admit it :angry: i am in the obese category :noway: :embarassed:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    If you can, maybe plan out your entire day the night before.

If you know you are going out to eat that night, log your dinner first, then your breakfast and lunch.

Whatever is left over you can budget for snacks. If you are over your calories, then take something out of breakfast or lunch. Just keep moving it around until it makes sense.

I do that if I know I am going to Culvers for lunch or dinner. I look at their website, and log the whole day and see what it looks like.

I hope this helps.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559

If you know you are going out to eat that night, log your dinner first, then your breakfast and lunch.

Whatever is left over you can budget for snacks. If you are over your calories, then take something out of breakfast or lunch. Just keep moving it around until it makes sense.

I do that if I know I am going to Culvers for lunch or dinner. I look at their website, and log the whole day and see what it looks like.

I hope this helps.

This is a pretty good idea actually. I have started doing it 75% of the time, and it works pretty well.

I found when I started here, that I had a hard time buying into the whole 'eat more and lose weight thing'. But as many people here will tell you, the science behind this is very solid. I buckled down, tried it for a week and lost two pounds. It actually really does work. I promise! :bigsmile:

-Jeremy
  • Cassia

I hope this helps.
    The problem with this is i never know where i am going to eat....
    Also i may not have made this clear but i have problems just when i am at home
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    It sounds like what you are worried about is the worrying itself. How long have you had this problem? Are you able to force yourself to eat all of your calories? If you have had a day when you reach your net calories, what happens for you?
  • Cassia
    It sounds like what you are worried about is the worrying itself. How long have you had this problem? Are you able to force yourself to eat all of your calories? If you have had a day when you reach your net calories, what happens for you?
    well...nothing really...(i think i have only came with in 100 like 2 times eek!) i just feel like i cheated.
    the only reason i would be worried about eating to little and ruining my metabolism :frown:
    I was just wanting to know if anyone has ever felt like this too and how to syic myself out
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Hi Cassia,
    I too have lived in fear of not being able to eat out of fear of not having any calories left over. Please don't deprive yourself. This is how I got into this mess in the first place. I have changed my mind set to " If I am getting low on calories for the evening I either go for a brisk walk or head to the gym to burn some calories to gain them back so I can eat what I want "(within limits of course!)
    My key to survival is exercise to eat. I was an undereater, and still sometimes have problems eating all my calories, but according to the science that is presented here and everyone seems to go by is you have to eat to lose. Make sure that you are eating enough calories for your body just to live, that is the way to get out of being in this perpetual cycle of lose and gain more!
    Good luck!
  • Cassia
    Thanks! that helps to hear that some people go through the same things as me! :flowerforyou:
  • Cassia
    ok so update! I DID IT!!! lol don't kill me guys but while some of you struggle to stay below your calories i am trying to make myself eat all my calories. Not that i couldn't eat plenty, but i want to eat healthy and so.....(drum roll please) I ate all but 1 of my calories!!! any boy am i stuffed!! but i did it! :laugh: :smooched:
    I ate a pbj and a glass of 1% milk for a filler it worked good
  • Cassia, please go to this post and read the link posts. You did great eating your calories, but I fear you have your settings for weight loss too high. These people know what they are talking about when it comes to not going too far below your BMR (basic metabolic rate) because that is the amount of calories your body uses to survive. If you are working out, you definitely need to eat those calories, but of course by eating healthy low fat, natural sugar foods.

Hope those links help. :smile:
  • Cassia
    Cassia, please go to this post and read the link posts. You did great eating your calories, but I fear you have your settings for weight loss too high. These people know what they are talking about when it comes to not going too far below your BMR (basic metabolic rate) because that is the amount of calories your body uses to survive. If you are working out, you definitely need to eat those calories, but of course by eating healthy low fat, natural sugar foods.

Hope those links help. :smile:
    i didn't get the links!