I hate that I love food and that I'm up So early!!!

Options
lalys81087
lalys81087 Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
I never wake up early....never, because I'm usually going to sleep in the morning. However my bf thinks that I should get better sleeping habits so last night I slept all night, I woke up at 6am starving though and I'm sooo mad because of it. Already I've had vegetable soup, two salads, 3 cups of water, one juice, and mandarin oranges...I'm going insane!!! Usually I wake up around two in the afternoon, I eat something light, then I work forever and don't have time to eat till its time for dinner. That works good for me although during those times I was not eating healthy. Anyways, I'm just mad cause I'm up early, I can't go back to sleep, and I've eaten soo much already. I guess if I work out 400 calories today it wont be so horrible for me at the end of the day. I'm sorry I vented out, I just needed to lol. I hate loving food the way I do, when I'm up and about without anything to do I like to go in our kitchen and eat everything that catches my eye.

Replies

• lalys81087
    Options
    I never wake up early....never, because I'm usually going to sleep in the morning. However my bf thinks that I should get better sleeping habits so last night I slept all night, I woke up at 6am starving though and I'm sooo mad because of it. Already I've had vegetable soup, two salads, 3 cups of water, one juice, and mandarin oranges...I'm going insane!!! Usually I wake up around two in the afternoon, I eat something light, then I work forever and don't have time to eat till its time for dinner. That works good for me although during those times I was not eating healthy. Anyways, I'm just mad cause I'm up early, I can't go back to sleep, and I've eaten soo much already. I guess if I work out 400 calories today it wont be so horrible for me at the end of the day. I'm sorry I vented out, I just needed to lol. I hate loving food the way I do, when I'm up and about without anything to do I like to go in our kitchen and eat everything that catches my eye.
  • Kbrain228
    Options
    At least you picked good things to eat! Hang in there we are here for you! :)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    do you have any hobbies that would keep you busy? I like to quilt and I don't let food near while I am working with fabric so that keeps me busy. But if I read a book I want to munch constantly. So I try to find things that keep me busy but not near food.Also what if you ate some oatmeal provided you like oat meal? It really keeps me full for a long time. Apples also work as they take longer to break down and you feel full longer. Hope this helps. I'm not a morning person either but my work(schoolbus driver) forces me to get up but on the weekends my schedule for dieting goes to H E double toothpicks because I get up late. Vent whenever you need to because you know someone will be here lol, Karen
  • fessler
    fessler Posts: 23
    Options
    Look at the positive side. It is GREAT that you woke up hungry...it means your fat metabolism is up...which means your body is leaning down. I always tell my clients that I want their stomach to wake them 5 minutes before the alarm clock!

Just a lighter way of looking at being hungry...maybe next time...stop at the soup...and if you are still hungry...tell yourself you have to go on a 20-30 minute walk before you can have the salad. ;) Then you have earned the calories!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Vent honey vent! Vent….get it out. We all need to do it from time to time. And look at it this way…..we can’t eat while we are typing.
    During this weight loss journey I have learned that I am stress and anger eater. And if I am board I will go “swing” on the frig door a ridiculous number of times during the day. Also if I haven’t had enough rest the night before I can eat the wallpaper as soon as I hit the floor. I wake up ready to eat my self into a stupor.
    The best thing that I can do is to try to keep my hands and mind busy so they wont keep going back to food.

fessler thanks for the info about waking up hungry and our metabolism. It may be a good thing but dang it sure is hard to deal with. But I will defiantly look at it in a different way from now on.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    hehe, sounds like someone needs a heavy bag to punch this morning. Don't worry, we all have those days where we just want to feel full. Those days suck. You need to fight through them. Don't give in to it, the times when you want to eat should be the times where you fight the hardest not too (as opposed to eating because you know it's the right time to eat). In my case, I have set up a time schedule and a caloric amount, I try like heck to stick to it, no matter how hungry I feel, because I know it's all in my head. If I stick to my count then I'm not starving myself, no matter how I feel. If you can beat the cravings for a few weeks, you will feel stronger and empowered and the cravings will no longer rule you. That is what you need, make food work for you instead of you working for it!
This discussion has been closed.