Succeeding, but need support to continue

Options
This happens to me every time I start to loose weight. I start to see results… which is awesome. However, my mind starts thinking, "I know what I am doing" and then I start being less strict when tracking what I eat... I don't push myself as hard at the gym... and before I know it, I am back to my old habits. :grumble:

It's almost like the success is what causes my downfall. :ohwell:

I just hit my 5lbs mark... so in my head I am starting to think, "Yeah this is working". Now I have to figure out how to stay on track without getting lazy again.

Replies

• AlisonMCross
    AlisonMCross Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This happens to me every time I start to loose weight. I start to see results… which is awesome. However, my mind starts thinking, "I know what I am doing" and then I start being less strict when tracking what I eat... I don't push myself as hard at the gym... and before I know it, I am back to my old habits. :grumble:

It's almost like the success is what causes my downfall. :ohwell:

I just hit my 5lbs mark... so in my head I am starting to think, "Yeah this is working". Now I have to figure out how to stay on track without getting lazy again.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a terrific place to stay motivated. Congrats on your beginning loss. You can do this.

:flowerforyou:
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    I find myself wanting to do the same...instead I push myself harder...change up my workouts a bit...
    good luck :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It's hard to get lazy using this website as long as you keep logging your food intake and exercise and following the guidelines. Just make sure you keep doing that, and you'll continue to succeed. You're right that if you slack off and start trying to do it by yourself, you'll be right back to where you were. If you're like me, what got me there in the first place was trying to do it by myself and not really knowing how much I was eating.