Day 1 Need a push to day 2

Help!
I haven't even finished day 1 and I'm famished. I am generally a good eater (whole grains, protein, fruit...) but on this plan I've already cut back considerably and I'm over on my carbs and have only 450 calories left to last me the day and it would only be 120 if I didn't earn the rest working out. I should also mention that my breakfast was really my lunch because I slept in and ate late. So really 2 meals and one snack and that's it. How are you doing? I've done weight watchers before and it was great. I do remember starving for awhile but some words of encouragement would be nice right about now.
I'll stick with this but I just need a success story to push me through.

Replies

• travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Help!
    I haven't even finished day 1 and I'm famished. I am generally a good eater (whole grains, protein, fruit...) but on this plan I've already cut back considerably and I'm over on my carbs and have only 450 calories left to last me the day and it would only be 120 if I didn't earn the rest working out. I should also mention that my breakfast was really my lunch because I slept in and ate late. So really 2 meals and one snack and that's it. How are you doing? I've done weight watchers before and it was great. I do remember starving for awhile but some words of encouragement would be nice right about now.
    I'll stick with this but I just need a success story to push me through.
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    welcome to MFP. You can do this. Maybe try breaking your meals up into mini meals so you can eat sooner. Your body will get used to eating less, just give it time.:drinker:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    I fill myself up on low calorie foods with my meals like:

Strawberries
    Carrots
    Grapes
    Cantaloupe and other melons
    Grapefruit

This is an example of how I fill my stomach:

Breakfast:
    One bowl of low-sugar Apples and Cinnamon oatmeal
    5 large strawberries
    banana for

Calorie Total: 264 calories.

Lunch:
    Two slices of Orowheat Flax and Wheat bread
    Half a tomato
    2 tbsps of hummus
    7.2 baby carrots
    4 Slices Foster Farms Oven Roasted Turkey Breast 99% Fat Free

Calorie Total: 349

Daily Total: 613
    Calories Remaining:687

Just pace yourself and fill up on veggies and water.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    thoughts with you i know you can do it push through the hunger pains go one hour or half hour at a time thinking i can make it that long get there then do the next

oh and drink water fill up on that much better for you and good thing is its free of calories

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    I usually finish 80% of my calories in the early afternoon, after lunch.
    If you are hungry in the first half of the day than eat :smile:

Split your food into 5 meals, that helps a lot.

And make sure your goal is close to your BMR because 1200 that the site suggests is very often not enough.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

Oh, and have a bowl of air-popped (or made with almost no oil in microwave) popcorn - very light and filling :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    When I need a snack and have next to no calories left I have some sliced cucumbers. I know, not very satisfying but it will help fill you up! Also make sure to drink all 8 glasses of water! It will help :smile:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Thanks. I didn't expect such great responses so quickly. I think I'll get along on here just fine. But keep an eye out for me, I might need a kick in the pants every once and a while. Though I do feel my pants are getting to big for me already lol!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Thanks. I didn't expect such great responses so quickly. I think I'll get along on here just fine. But keep an eye out for me, I might need a kick in the pants every once and a while. Though I do feel my pants are getting to big for me already lol!

If you need a kick - just tell us :laugh: :laugh:

PS. We're waiting for your profile photo :smile:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    When I need a snack and have next to no calories left I have some sliced cucumbers. I know, not very satisfying but it will help fill you up! Also make sure to drink all 8 glasses of water! It will help :smile:

cucumbers are my favorite, I also like green peppers and celery. also, if you dont like plain water try wylers light to go many flavors and 10 calories per 16 oz of water. :drinker:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    I try to graze as opposed to really eating meals. Also, stock up on some healthy munching foods - I adore celery because its crunchy, good for you, and might as well have negative calories. Nuts also keep you full - pretty much anything with protein actually.

Also, WATER! Whenever you get hungry, drink water. If you're still hungry you may well need some food. Otherwise, you're just thirsty. Sadly, short of a dry throat your body can't really tell the difference between thirst and hunger.

Good job on sticking with it through day one, you are doing great! Just think, if you can make it through one day, you can make it through every other day. You can do it!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    water, carrots, celery!

Drinking your 8 glasses of water really fills me up. Plus running to the bathroom must burn calories, right? :laugh:
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    I like spicy teas like chai.
    tea without sugar or cream has 0 calories.
  • croter
    croter Posts: 12
    I find a low fat yogurt can be really filling for my stomach and its not outrageous in the carb department