5*9 to 5*11 women

Replies

• mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    bump
  • amyhlane
    amyhlane Posts: 9
    I am 5'10" and this morning was 179.6. I am comfortable around 160. I had a baby about 8 months ago and got the implanon. I walk 3 miles 4 time a week and count calories and was just not loosing the weight. I just got it taken out so I am hoping that is why I was not able to loose the baby weight.

CW 179
    GW 155-160 By July!!
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Love this thread!

SW: 167
    CW:162 (ish)
    GW: 147
  • jennsie
    jennsie Posts: 38
    I am nearly 5'9". My ideal weight is 130-140.

I lost a lot of weight from the middle of January 2011 to July 2011...I maintained my weight for the last month before the wedding. My starting weight was 14 stone (196 pounds, roughly). I was about 70kg (just over 150 pounds) at my wedding. I remember feeling a bit frustrated because I wasn't able to lose more weight in May/June, and I still had about 15kg to go. I still had a tummy and was still unable to get into most of my clothes. (I was between a UK size 12-14 at that weight, mostly a 14 trousers unless it was dresses.)

To lose weight, I was eating less and eating healthy most of the time, and I was going to the gym many times a week... 5-6 times a week usually to lose that weight.

I know that my ideal weight is about 130.... based on the way I looked. (I was 120 and less throughout much of school and High School and just after.) I piled on the weight when I was about 25 when I got with my then boyfriend, who loved to eat and wanted to eat food a lot. I was never used to eating much, and I only ate if I was hungry. Now, it's difficult to go back to that way of thinking sometimes.

Now, I have put most of that weight I lost back on due to being overworked at work and lots of overtime, working thru lunches (grabbing lots of snacks because of it)...and the work I do is quite stressful sometimes. (I'm a Programmer.) I just started a new job closer to home and hope that there environment is different with its project deadlines and staff recognition. I've just joined MFP again this past week to try to lose the weight and get into my clothes. (I know 130-140 is the right size for my body as 150, I was toned, but I still had a lot of fat on me, especially the stomach area.)
  • jandueporti
    jandueporti Posts: 24 Member
    love this thread ~ everyone looks awesome :)

i'm 5'9 & currently about 198
    working on 170 with the possibility of less once I make it.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    love this thread ~ everyone looks awesome :)

i'm 5'9 & currently about 198
    working on 170 with the possibility of less once I make it.

You will be surprised how quickly you get there! Almost there myself (4lbs to go) and I am definitely going to keep going. Those jeans from a few years ago are my goal lol.
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    bump...I'm 5'11"
  • simplycee
    simplycee Posts: 29
    Hi ladies. I finally found the nerve to speak up. I am 5'9" and my CW is 175. My starting weight almost a year ago was 258. My goal weight(for now) is 168. At this point I would like tone up my abs and arms. I wouldn't mind staying this weight if I could firm up these two areas. I am currently wearing a size 8 down from a size 22.
  • MadusaCait
    MadusaCait Posts: 32 Member
    bump
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    I am 5'9" and want to be around 130.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    okay so i am 5*10 and 182 right now and i want to get down to a healthy weight and i am a medium build so i was wanting to see sucess stories of weight loss so i can get a idea of how low i want to get i was thinkin between 140 to 150 i want to be fit but i dont want to be skin and bones if that makes sense . when i started 14 days ago i was 188 i was just wondering your thoughts and ideas if you have pics that would be great
    There are two photos of me on my profile.. in strappy dresses.
    I am 5'10... I was 155 in the photos...12 years ago.

Y'all are welcome to friend me!!!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    I'm 5'8" or 5'9" (Depending on who measures me, lol).

I started at 260 and am now at 138 lbs.

IMG_20120404_1610085.jpg
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    BUMP
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm 5'9" and currently at 156 (no pic, I'm really bad about taking any ever) down from 180 after baby. My goal is 140, and I'm fairly large framed. I've been there and know it looks (and FEELS) good.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Bump (5'10)

Edited to add: SW- 209, CW- 196, GW- 140
  • nmitch1689
    nmitch1689 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi, I'm 5'9 and currently at 231. I started out at 277 with MFP in Sept 2011 and my goal weight is 150. Right now I am just really excited about the possibility of getting under the 200 mark. If I can do that, I can keep it going.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Great thread!
  • I'm 5'9" - 5'10". I weighed my heaviest at 210 lbs when I was pregnant. I started working out again at about 175 and my goal weight was 150. Now that I'm at 150, my PT set a goal weight of 143.6 for me. We're shooting for a certain body fat percentage. I'm more concerned with looking fit than skinny, so I'm happy with where I'm at or where I will end up...

There are some great success stories here!!!!
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    I'm 5'9 SW: 220, CW: 187 wearing a size 14 pant and large top.

I see a lot really tall ladies with super low goals. If you're a small frame then go for it, but I hope you can figure out what is healthy for your build. I'm going based on numbers for my BMI and body type. Healthy BMI range for a woman 5'9" is 125-170. The range is pretty broad because of body type. I did a wrist measurement test and determined I'm a medium frame. Sorry, I don't remember where I found the site, but I'm sure you can google it. I think medium to large because I also have broad shoulders and I've always had wide hips. Even at 140 in HS I still wore a sz 10 pant. My first goal is 170, so getting close. I'll definitely continue to 160, but 150 would be amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!