I can do it!

Ok, so I don't personally own a treadmill...but my apartment complex had on. My goal is to start waking up 4 days a week @ 5 AM and walking on the treadmill for at least 45 mins. I CAN DO IT!!! I know the first couple days will be hard but I have to stay focused and motivated.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to make the time fly by faster? I am not a workout fan so I need somthing to entertain me.

Replies

• Ok, so I don't personally own a treadmill...but my apartment complex had on. My goal is to start waking up 4 days a week @ 5 AM and walking on the treadmill for at least 45 mins. I CAN DO IT!!! I know the first couple days will be hard but I have to stay focused and motivated.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to make the time fly by faster? I am not a workout fan so I need somthing to entertain me.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I am all about the music during the workout...to the extent that when I first started, I would go back home and get my iPod if I forgot it.

I had fun inventing playlists or mix CDs to listen to. It also helps to keep a steady walking pace. I've also used books on tape, that I was only allowed to listen to while working out....works especially well with a "what will happen next" spy or mystery novel. Most libraries have them.

You can do it!! I know we're all rooting for you!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    What a great idea vivia. I just found a treadmill at an estate sale for $20. I was so excited I couldn't say no to that. It is coming into the rainy season here and I wanted a recumbent bike but a treadmill will do the trick for now.

I love books on tape thanks for the idea.

Eve
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    I know when I am working out on my own instead of in a class, I MUST have my ipod and it needs to be tunes that I absolutely love. I seem to be able to push myself harder if it is music that I love. Fast songs to move fast, slower ones to cool down.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    also, I forgot to mention....my iPod is full of my "guilty pleasure" music. Stuff that makes me smile, and that I would probably turn off if someone else was around...;)