egg salad sandwhich

hello out there im hoping someone on here has a yummy recipe for egg salad sandwhich that does not use mayo, miricle whip, or ranch dressing, please let me know if you have one as I am having no luck online

Replies

• Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    I replaced the mayo in my tuna salad with cottage cheese. Not sure if it would work with egg salad, though.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    sorry. I use lite mayo some salt, pepper, and a piece of american cheese.

But id like to hear some good recipes
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    What about using a yogurt/mustard mix instead of a mayo/ mustard one?
    I use light mayo myself with a little dijon in a multi seed pitta with a handful of baby spinach.
  • michknd
    michknd Posts: 18 Member
    I use Vegenaise
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Make it the same way that you always have except try some greek yogurt.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    You could scramble your eggs instead of making egg salad; it tastes pretty dang good in a sandwich.

Plain Greek yogurt might make a good substitute for mayonnaise.

Also, mustard makes EVERYTHING better.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    You could put just a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in the egg, just to make it less crumbly.

Sometimes I use an egg ring and just make an egg white about 1/4 inch thick and put it on one of those round sandwich thins; or even a whole egg, like a fried egg sandwich.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Maybe mix some plain greek yogurt with some smashed up avocado and use that instead of mayo? It works for tuna...
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    I've not tried it yet, but was thinking just yesterday about making some egg salad (or deviled eggs) with either Fage plain Greek yogurt (it's thicker consistency than the others I've tried) or fat free sour cream. Then add a tiny bit of mustard and some diced pickles and a little black pepper...
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    I use Vegenaise

ditto - i really dont care for mayo anyways, and this is much lower on sodium, and just a little holds everything together without being too heavy/mayo tasting.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    These alternatives all work:

Olive Oil & Apple Cider Vinegar
    Hummus
    Avocado
    Mustard
    Plain Yogurt
    Fat Free Sour Cream
    Tostito's Spinach Dip
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Sorry, tried low cal options and they all taste terrible.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I like a boiled egg finely chopped with a tomato - the juice in the tomato is enough to bind the mixture together without any mayo or alternatives. Black pepper, maybe celery salt, some chopped chives and youre away!
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    bump
  • Nomi3
    Nomi3 Posts: 13 Member
    I made egg salad w an avocado instead of mayo for lunch today. About 1/4 of an avocado w a boiled egg, I threw in some onion, celery, and romaine lettuce plus a dash of pepper on a wheat tortilla. It was delicious!
  • danielh4
    danielh4 Posts: 3 Member
    You can try this one.
    Ingredients:
    -2 boiled eggs
    - low fat ranch
    - one can of tuna
    - 2 pieces of whole wheat bread
    -lettuce
    -vinegar (optional)

Procedures:
    1. boil the eggs and smash them, mix with a tablespoon of low fat ranch, and tuna.
    2. put a bit of vinegar.
    3. get your whole wheat bread, put the mixture and some lettuce.
    4. whoala, magic. taste great.

I hope it helps.
  • irishginger
    irishginger Posts: 33 Member
    I make mine with chopped egg whites and then add in store bought Greek yogurt based tziziki sauce. Yum! Tons of protein and low calorie.
  • Ginsuguy
    Ginsuguy Posts: 6
    Whatever you use for a may substitute, make sure you season well. Everything I tried this week was very bland. Finally decided to just slice the hard boiled eggs and dip them in a seasoning of salt and chili pepper, with cheese and crackers on the side.
  • sacagawea
    sacagawea Posts: 9 Member
    i believe walden farms makes a zero calorie mayo substitute.
  • i use light miricle whip in place of mayo in tuna salad, egg salad and colelaw. Its only 20 cal per tablespoon.