Bragging...a little

Ok, when I first started working out hard in September, I took a class at the gym that used these evil little gliders that you stand on. The teacher had us do mountain climbers on them, but I couldn't. I tried to even do them 1/2 time, but I couldn't get my butt down like everyone else and I felt like a moron. I haven't tried to do them since, but I have been working out VERY hard in other classes at the gym.

Today, that teacher subbed and had us use the evil little gliders again. When she said we were doing mountain climbers, I thought, "Oh no, here I go, I will be the only one again who can't do them." Guess what? I DID THEM!!!

It feels good to be strong again and to know that just because you turn 40 doesn't mean you can't get fit. My boys are teenagers, so it's nice to know that if I need to beat them up from time to time, I can (ha ha!!!). SO, ALL Y'ALL CAN DO IT TOO!!!!!

Replies

• time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Ok, when I first started working out hard in September, I took a class at the gym that used these evil little gliders that you stand on. The teacher had us do mountain climbers on them, but I couldn't. I tried to even do them 1/2 time, but I couldn't get my butt down like everyone else and I felt like a moron. I haven't tried to do them since, but I have been working out VERY hard in other classes at the gym.

Today, that teacher subbed and had us use the evil little gliders again. When she said we were doing mountain climbers, I thought, "Oh no, here I go, I will be the only one again who can't do them." Guess what? I DID THEM!!!

It feels good to be strong again and to know that just because you turn 40 doesn't mean you can't get fit. My boys are teenagers, so it's nice to know that if I need to beat them up from time to time, I can (ha ha!!!). SO, ALL Y'ALL CAN DO IT TOO!!!!!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Way to go !! What a great accomplishment. Kudos for not giving up.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Congratulations that is Awesome!!
  • time2wrk
    Thanks ladies! Have a great afternoon/evening!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I think you should brag a littlle, doesn't it feel great when you've accomplished something like that? Good for you time2wrk. I really like your screen name too. I just couldn't think of anything better when I signed up. Karen
  • time2wrk
    Thanks! I think it felt especially good because it really did surprise me. It was an exercise I had not tried in between then and now, so to be so pleasantly surprised was a treat!

The name came to me when I found this website. I had tried others (that you have to pay for) with no success but I don't think I was really committed to them. I really wanted to commit this time and when I joined I thought, "You have played around at this long enough to grow into a size you never thought you'd be. Now it is time to work." And, voila! :-)
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Awesome job time2wrk!!!!

~Joanna
  • time2wrk
    Thanks, Joanna - cute Halloween pic! I think I am going to post one of myyounger boy...not sure he will be happy, but he will get over it!
  • I am sooo very proud of you time2wrk. Dont consider it bragging when your telling your friends about your accomplishments cause we are all in this together Keep up the good work
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    time2wrk......,

Twins?? Yikes! Now I understand the "2" part of your name. Are you talking about the "Elliptical" machine? I had trouble at first with it, then I realized that (like everything) fitness machines are designed for the average size user...And I have REALLY long legs. I found one in my gym which has a stride adjustment, and joila` I love it now!

Great work, by the way! This whole experience is a win / win for all of us.

Thanks for sharing your success!!

~cmriverside.

p.s. don't let the pink lambie scare you too much. She's really a little girl dressed up as a lambie....