egg whites

dragonfly183
dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
I have a problem with going over on my protein so I've decided to start only poaching or baking egg whites and not the yolks. I can't find a listing for calories in a poached egg white. do you think poaching it would change that amount of calories. I know baking would because you have to grease what ever your baking it in.

Replies

• dragonfly183
    I have a problem with going over on my protein so I've decided to start only poaching or baking egg whites and not the yolks. I can't find a listing for calories in a poached egg white. do you think poaching it would change that amount of calories. I know baking would because you have to grease what ever your baking it in.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    No poaching should not change the calorie count of the egg white.
    Have you tried one of the cooking sprays like Pam. A quick spray then use a paper towel to spread it around and to remove any extra spray will keep your egg whites from sticking when baking.
    I only use Egg Beaters now. I scramble 1cup of the Egg Beaters in a pan that I have sprayed with Pam. I add a tiny bit of reduced salt stake seasoning and 2 shredded veggie link sausage to my eggs while they are cooking. They are really good that way and it is only 200 calories. It is a lot of food and really fills me up.
  • dragonfly183
    I don't usually keep pam around. I probably should, it would probably make my life a little easier. My eggs are always rang fed farm raised. i trade fresh herbs with a lady who lets her hens run loose in her yard.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    I also think it is okay to go over your protein. I am usually way over and my nutritiion/weight loss coach actually recommends that I consume nearly twice the amount that this site states.

Also, most of the protein is in the egg white. The yolk has the fat and calories.
  • dragonfly183
    well darn and I thought leaving the yolk out would be so good. well i guess it was a good thing.
  • laurielou
    laurielou Posts: 3 Member
    Tried Egg Creations today in garden vegetable...it tasted awesome..it's all egg whites, but doesn't taste like it...very yummy! No choles. and high in protein, no fat..awesome!
This discussion has been closed.