Topic: T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM - Week 29

Per Adopt4-
Week 29 or Week 1 - Or Week 1 AGAIN - all are welcome. We are here to encourage, motivate, and help each other. We are also here to keep each other on track and be accountable. Most of us gained our weight in private, hiding what we ate... time to bring light into everything, be accountable for your lifestyle, and to make a change to be healthier.

That's what this represents to a lot of us - being on MFP, that is - a lifestyle change. It's not a diet, where you limit your food for awhile and then as soon as you've lost the weight you want, go back to unhealthy habits again. A lifestyle change means this is your new life. It doesn't mean you'll never have another glass of chocolate milk, or another Starbucks Vente Latte, or another chocolate chip cookie. It means you can have the treats you like - in balance. That's what this is - a balance of health and living life. Because no more food treats is not a fun life, I don't believe anyone has that kind of willpower, or at least - I don't. But I can balance those treats with healthy eating, watching my calories, and exercise.

Besides being a lifestyle change, this is also a journey. Sometimes, as with all things in life, we stumble and fall on our path. And we get up and move on, and get right back on the path. There are no cheat days in a lifestyle change. There are days when the calories don't matter - your friend's wedding, your child's birthday... because that's life. Those are not cheat days, those are just some of the days in real life. And the rest of the days - get to the gym, drink your water, watch your calories, and be accountable for every bite you eat, for every step of exercise you take.

Most people hide when they "fall off the wagon". Don't. Talk about it, share it, confess it, whatever - and then move on and do better. No one is perfect. Nor is it ever ok to say, well, I already ate that package of Oreos, what difference does a pint of ice cream mean now? Because it does matter, every moment matters.

There's no judgement here. There's no pointing fingers or egos. There's just a group of people trying their best (Trying Hard Everyday!!), sometimes winning (by losing), sometimes losing (by gaining), and sometimes just standing still... but we're all somewhere along the path, and there are people here who have been where you've been - that's why you post your failures and doubts, because those people can help you thru the rough spots - and at some point you'll be the one helping the next person along a rough spot.

Fridays are weigh in days for those participating. Record it like this:
(username) sw208 gw150 cw 172 loss -2 lbs

When you post, copy and paste the list and add your results to the bottom of the list in your post, so that at the end we can see our results as a team - because that's what we are. A team Trying Hard Everyday.

Welcome to T.H.E. Team!

Manda-SW 198, GW135, CW 174 = +2lbs
prayerful -1

Replies

• Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning Team :flowerforyou:

Well not quite to the 50 lbs lost yet but almost :smile: So even with TOM I am still down 2.5 lbs woohoo!!

prayerful -1
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 236 - loss of 2.5 lbs

Have a great day everyone... drink that water, log that food and be healthy!! :flowerforyou:
  • Well not quite to the 50 lbs lost yet but almost :smile: So even with TOM I am still down 2.5 lbs woohoo!!

Yeah!!!!! Your rock!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    :happy: Manda-SW 198, GW135, CW 174 = +2lbs
    prayerful -1
    adopt4 - no change

I have a challenge to issue to "some" of you - you know who you are.... Don't spend more that 15 mins in any 6 hour period "farming" or any other game on FB. Post twice a day here - once with your goals for yourself for the day, and at the end of the day, did you meet those goals.:tongue:

This team is called "Trying Hard Everyday" - not Trying Halfheartedly Everday, KWIM?:laugh:

For everyone else, who probably have NO IDEA what I was just talking about (LOL) if you have been around for awhile, set up a new goal for yourself - see if you can (1) increase your water by 8 oz a day (if you are not meeting your water goals or (2) add 15 mins to your exercise time. :drinker:

For you newbies, here's your challenge - log what you eat, every bite. Drink your water, as much as you're supposed to drink. Work hard at staying within your calorie allotment, but if you don't, learn from teh experience and move on.:flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    Just to be perfectly clear... the first challenge in my post applies to me as well, as I went to bed at 2 am because I was "farming" which means I'm really tired today because I only got a few hours sleep! How lame is that??? :laugh:

Good job lorann and prayerful! and thanks for starting the thread!
    and manda, you've learned from the experience and you have a plan. Good for you!!!
  • I have a challenge to issue to "some" of you - you know who you are.... Don't spend more that 15 mins in any 6 hour period "farming" or any other game on FB. Post twice a day here - once with your goals for yourself for the day, and at the end of the day, did you meet those goals.:tongue:

This team is called "Trying Hard Everyday" - not Trying Halfheartedly Everday, KWIM?:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You all have been a fine example to me as what not to do: DO NOT START FARMING!!!!! Stinking to only real farms and not virtual.

I'm on track for my monthly goal of 300 miles bike (only 47.5 to go), 8 swim sessions (3 to go), and increasing run speed.

For my goal this week it will be to continue my monthly goals plus add in a long run.
  • Lorann
    Adopt - But my grapes are ready every 4 hours and 15 minutes to farm ALL those farms? I don't think my computer is fast enough LMAO!! I am challenging myself to stay away more (from FB) and come here and post more often :smile:

Prayerful - thank you :smile:
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hey,
    its friday before school starts. My room is a mess, the school switched gradebook and attendance programs and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with the kinds on monday. Thank God they are highschoolers. We can talk about thier summer and to "getting to know you". But it would be the begining of school if it wasn't crazy. Much simpathy to all the parents getting those students I like so much ready. I know its crazy for you too.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    prayerful -1
    adopt4 - no change
    lulu - no change

Well, I earned it - I told you I haven't exercised allll week - and I did NOT lower my cals to compensate. I'm going bike shopping tomorrow. I'm bored with walking and super bored with videos on t.v. I might call around about some gym memberships - I don't know. What I really, really, really want is a place to swim! Anyway, no more whining from me....

Manda - what do you teach? Good to see you back on track - hope you have a great school year, despite the changes that add challenges to your first week:)

Prayerful~ I'm with you - no virtual farming for me! It sounds dangerous:sick:

Lorann - You are doing soooooooooo great! What an inspiration!

Adopt4~ Way to whip out the challenges woman! My goal this week: Exercise 5 days:drinker:

Okay, where is the rest of the team?????

later gaters,
    lulu:heart:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    prayerful -1
    adopt4 - no change
    lulu - no change
    crazybee sw273.3, gw 175. cw 249=lost -2.1

Ok for the challenge...I say that facebook/farmers should post here every morning before farming and every night before bed, after farming! I think that will work for us addicts. I MIGHT be able to follow that.

I am still not logging my food, but I am watching what I eat. I am still losing. must be all the excercise my hands and arms get farming. I will try to do better about logging and posting. BUt to tell the truth it's the new job gals and Sheila that I miss posting, so if we can get li4g and lulu to post more often and Lori too and then get Sheila's butt off that farm then maybe I'd come read more here LOL.

Well I am 1 lb from my goal of losing 25 lb before Vegas, Looks like I will make it. there is 26 days left til I go. Have a good night.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    prayerful -1
    adopt4 - no change
    lulu - no change
    Losingit4good SW 250/ GW 175/ CW 216 Up 4lbs

Ive been waiting all week for the monthly visitor to arrive. Felt it first in my back a few days ago, then saw the scale jump dramatically yesterday. I am retaining so much water its not funny! UGH! Anyway.. Im pretty much the same as last week with no "real" gain since A.) its not possible, Ive been so picky and good about my eating and b.) 4lbs is my average lately with Aunt flo....he packs some heavy bags!

Anyway..Enough about my PMS....LOL

New with me: I am now known as "the nark" at work. I had it today with all the younguns who think that just because they have been there a couple years, seem to think the rules dont apply. They text nonstop though thier shifts and it makes more work for ME.. so I went to the manager today and guess who got written up? Yep, all 4 of them! I am sick to death of working until 11pm every night when I should be off at 10. Mostly due to them goofing off and wasting time. So... Im a nark, but at least the boss knows she can trust me...and she gave me the hours I wanted for the next week.. :bigsmile:

I am so dead tired right now. My body hurts and I feel like Ive been in the gym for a few hours each day. I have tendonitis in my right forarm due to all the cleaning and serving food in the deli. Last night I couldnt sleep because of it and today at work, I ended up doing everything but serving food to avoid using it. The boss was pretty cool about that.

Tomorrow I am off, but not really. Have to work on the rental house again. We have contractors coming to place bids for some of the work that needs done and will be hauling out as much garbage as we can. No scrubbing for me!! My plan is to get as much of the "stuff" out of there as possible, that will make the cleaning process easier. The kids are coming with us, so at least we will have some help.

Afterwards Im gonna head to a friends house for a "girls night in" to do facials, nails and whatever other girl stuff we can think to do. Im soooo looking forward to this girls night!! I think my soul just needs the recharging right now. God knows, my body is just plum tuckered out!

Yes, I know its 2:30am... but I do get my sleep! Ive been averaging about 8-10 hours a night, just on a different schedule than I was. Getting home at 11pm from work tends to do that to me. I cant go right to sleep. I will definitely make it a point to get here more often. My food schedule has gotten messed up since its hard to know "when" Im gonna get lunch at work. It never happens at the same time. But I have been good about WHAT gets shoved in my piehole :laugh:

To All you farmers... there is a club called FFA that you really need to join. Farming Freaks Annonymous!! Join today and change your life forever! :laugh: They have made me see that i really dont need "ALL" the acessories that the Market sells, so Im now saving up for my mansion! Not that I can buy one yet.. Im only level 26.. LOL!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Ok it is 8:24am and I have come here first before farming. I've changed over a load of laundry, started a new load, fold and put away 2 loads, cleaned off my catch-all diningroom table and drank and logged my first cup of coffee!! Now I get to farm for an hour LOL.

Was nice to see you Cyndi, sorry about your arm. take lots of ibuprofen. NARK away, I agree the kids texting all the time drive me nuts. We have ban them at my work but they still leave them in their pockets but turned off and once in awhile I catch one kid with it and tell them to put it away. I have mine in my pocket but I don't look or text til I go potty :laugh:

Lulu your goal to excercise more this week i a good goal, I know you can do it!

prayerfulmom great start to the week. Thank you. Hope this is a succesful for week for you!!

I have 25 days, 19 hour and 28 minutes til I get on a plane for Vegas. I am excited. I am going with my best friend and she is going to help me make sure to not over-eat while we are there. We plan to do a lot of walking and I bought us both some good tennis shoes for walking. I will be turning my laptop into the shop when I am gone to get the s's fixed and the battery isn't holding a charge anymore so I need a new one. SO I won't be online while gone or posting, logging or farming.

Hey Cyndi, speaking of mansions on farmtown, you gave me an idea. I want to buy 3 or 4 mansions and put them side by side and look like a condo complex on a farm LOLOLOL

Hey Indiana and Cyndeebee I miss you both. I hope you both are feeling better. I know it is one day at a time, but my thoughts and prayers are with you both. I miss your letters Cyndeebee please start writing again!! Please.

I'll keep kicking swingals butt to get her off her farm to come and post.

Love to you all and good luck on this week and have a great funfilled weekend!!
  • glad to see some of you ladies checking in.

manda-here's to a great week:drinker:

lulu-drag that boy with ya:laugh:

cbee-awesome loss! you ocd farmer you:wink:

l4g-hope the work situation improves.

I went to the movies last night to see Julie and Julia. Popped some air popped popcorn and took cherries. Yeah! Very proud of that. Although I eat movie theater without butter its still loaded with fat and calories from the oil. With air popped it came in under 50 calories.

I got in an hour run/walk intervals this morning and 2- 10 minute trainer videos. Now to show and shop and clean. I'm hosting a sleepover for my sunday school class (the girls) tonight. Today is my off day so I am going to plan a bit of indulgence without guilt but keep it to a bit. And I may get an ice cream maker because I love love love it. I can really keep myself to 1/2 cup if I have good quality.

Have a fantastic day!
  • Lorann
    Good afternoon everyone :flowerforyou:

Well I made it through the work week ... but I'm sure glad its the weekend ... I think it's time for a new job, this one I have has been very stressful... I'm just so sick of the prejudice/racisim that happens... so I think I'm going to start looking for something else.

I have a question for those of you that have been on this journey for a while now ... I was just wondering if you have hit a plateau and how long were you on this journey before you hit one? I have been on this new path for 14 weeks with a loss of 49lbs so that an average of 3.5 lbs a week and I'm just wondering when I should be looking out for the dreaded plateau.
  • adopt4
    BUt to tell the truth it's the new job gals and Sheila that I miss posting, so if we can get li4g and lulu to post more often and Lori too and then get Sheila's butt off that farm then maybe I'd come read more here LOL.

So what you're saying is, the rest of us are boring??? You don't like reading our posts???
  • adopt4
    I have a question for those of you that have been on this journey for a while now ... I was just wondering if you have hit a plateau and how long were you on this journey before you hit one? I have been on this new path for 14 weeks with a loss of 49lbs so that an average of 3.5 lbs a week and I'm just wondering when I should be looking out for the dreaded plateau.

You'll know it when you hit it. Everybody is a bit different. Mine took 3 mos but in the past it seems to be at about 30 pounds, this time it was about 40 pounds. Mine could have also been caused by a change in medication, so I can't say for sure I would have hit one then otherwise.

But when you do hit it, one or two or three weeks of not losing is not a plateau. As long as you're not gaining, keep doing what you're doing for a month or six weeks. Then if you are still not losing, change things up.
  • adopt4
    OK I'm here, slept in a bit today, had a bigger (calorie wise) breakfast than normal since hubby cooked. I need to go to the store so I can walk a bit of that off.

My goal this week is to DRINK MY WATER. Man I've gotten so bad about that. It's all about routine for me, I swear I'm OCD in my old age. In my house it's the same, if I have a specific place to put stuff, then my house stays need, if I don't, then it's a holy mess. Same with my water, in my school day routine I had gotten it in, but the non school routine this summer has been hit and miss. Lucky for me only a few more weeks till school starts, then I can see if I can get back into the schedule full-time.

Relatives are back in town... oye vey... didn't expect them to come and spend the weekend. I mean I love 'em but they're old and have no idea a little notice would be nice, a little scheduling... they wanted to come today for dinner and spend the evening, and were really disappointed I had plans. Well, I've had those plans for a few weeks, it's rude to cancel last minute on my friend, and they can still come and eat dinner, they'll just have to spend the evening with Wayne and the boys instead. Or come this afternoon and eat and then go back to where they're staying. Or come tomorrow. They were here last night for dinner, too, so it's not like I'm blowing them off or being rude (right?) because I"m busy one evening... At least I don't think I'm being rude, since that's the only thing I don't want to cancel this weekend to see them and spend time with them. If you think I'm being rude, tell me! I don't want to be rude to them.

Got one little boy who likes to dig pulling weeds. If he wants to play in the dirt, then let it be useful play. LOL He pulls up grass and we have that lining so we don't get as many weeds around the house and stuff, he digs that up and tears it (which he knows by now is not ok), there's no place here for him to dig without harm. So we'll see if he still wants to do that after he pulls weeds on the entire lot.

Guys, if you want to change the direction or the focus or the way we have this team running, then just say so, ask what everyone thinks. No one will be offended if you have an idea. It's no one's group and it's all of our's group, you know?? So if this format or how we are currently doing it doesn't work for you, say so, and say what would work better for you. Please!
  • CrazybeeRX
    No adopt I am not saying that everyone else is boring!!! I would never say that. Cyndi is a personal friend and I miss her and Lulu is so funny I enjoy her posts. Besides it's more fun blaming others LOL. Just using excuses.

I came back to log my lunch so I thought I'd stop in. I can't find this tread without going to last weeks thread and clicking on the new thread. That has never happened before. Am I doing something wrong?

I got my house cleaned today. I stayed off the computer long enough to get it done. Now I am going shopping with a co-worker for a baby shower gift for another co-worker. SO have a good day all.
  • adopt4
    No adopt I am not saying that everyone else is boring!!!

I know, I was just pokin' fun at you in a friendly way. :tongue:
  • Lorann
    Adopt - I think this group is great the way it is .... yes it might be a bit slow with the posts but I think that happens a lot in the summer time, I'm sure once all the kids are back to school and everyone is back to their routine we will be seeing more of everyone .... at least I hope so... you and the rest of this wonderful group of people have helped me soooo much these past couple months and I may not post everyday but I do read them everyday... I am making an effort to post more often though :smile: And thank you for answering my question :smile:

So today I actually slept in til 10am ... I haven't slept past 7am in years ... that was sooo weird for me and it also messed up my eating for today ... so I only had breakfast and then a snack in the afternoon before I went shopping (will tell you about that in a moment) and then for supper I think I over did it... we had bar-b-q steak, fried potatoes and corn on the cob ... mmmm it was sooo good but I am soo full and my tummy hurts now :frown: Haven't posted all of it yet, will do that right away, so I don't know if I'm over in calories or not.

Ok so after I had my snack this afternoon my daughter and I went shopping .... 3 hours of shopping (I wonder how many calories I burned doing that) so anyways we went to wal-mart first and we were looking around ... so I went and looked in the regular size section (haven't been there in probably 20 years) ended up buying a sweater XL and a pair of jeans size 18 in the regular size section... what a strange feeling shopping in there ... I actually thought at one point that people were probably thinking that I must be crazy to shop there and that I would never fit anything there... I really have to get out of that mind set that I'm in ... I still keep thinking that I am a lot bigger than I am... any suggestions on how I can do this?

That's it for me tonight :smile: have a great night all!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    prayerful -1
    adopt4 - no change
    lulu - no change
    Losingit4good SW 250/ GW 175/ CW 216 Up 4lbs
    Sheila SW 329 / GW 150 / CW 280 = 2 pounds lost wooo hooo 1 more pound and I will have reached my 50pound goal!!! then to start the next 50 pounds :-)

Sry guys about not coming on her posting... I really have been cought up with FB.... really no excuse I was really busy making the flowers for my neices wedding... my daughter has been sick for a few days.... I had a set back with riding my bike because the fibromyagia has flaired up in my ellbows i went for my shots and they are feeling a little better but not 100% yet... hoping to start back biking.. well I am always around her somewhere I will try to start posting more...

I have really missed everyone...

Everyone lets get our butts in gear get focused and reach our goal.... We can do anything we set our minds to....even with a little push....

have a great night Team

Sheila