"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Happy Easter!

Actually ate reasonably well this weekend.

Saturday: Couldn't make it to kickboxing, but I did 5k rowing at a moderate pace, burned maybe 250 calories. Also 2 hours playing bass at band rehearsal. Had to be 5,000 calories, based on how my fingers felt. ;-p

Sunday: strength training. Slight increase in weight for most exercises. 10 reps per set, the usual two warmup sets and two working sets each:

Squats: 167.5 lbs
    Flat bench: 187.5 lbs
    Deadlifts: 185 lbs (no increase but no breathing or headache problems either today!)
    Bent-over Barbell Rows: 127.5 lbs (dropped from 135 to give my lower back a break after the deads)
    Overhead Press: 97.5 lbs
    Supersets of Barbell Curls and Barbell Tricep Extensions: 65 lbs

plus: 3x10 incline sit-ups, and 10 minutes foam-roller stretching.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Happy Easter!

Actually ate reasonably well this weekend.

Saturday: Couldn't make it to kickboxing, but I did 5k rowing at a moderate pace, burned maybe 250 calories. Also 2 hours playing bass at band rehearsal. Had to be 5,000 calories, based on how my fingers felt. ;-p

Sunday: strength training. Slight increase in weight for most exercises. 10 reps per set, the usual two warmup sets and two working sets each:

Squats: 167.5 lbs
    Flat bench: 187.5 lbs
    Deadlifts: 185 lbs (no increase but no breathing or headache problems either today!)
    Bent-over Barbell Rows: 127.5 lbs (dropped from 135 to give my lower back a break after the deads)
    Overhead Press: 97.5 lbs
    Supersets of Barbell Curls and Barbell Tricep Extensions: 65 lbs

plus: 3x10 incline sit-ups, and 10 minutes foam-roller stretching.
    Dang! Wish I would have had that burn this weekend!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Weekend was a challenge, but if you stick to your guns you can still achieve!

Start-191.2lbs

Today- 190

I'll take a pound especially after this weekend!!!

Have a couple of clients this morning and later on this evening another as well as TKO class. DD is back to school today so I get to spend more time in the gym! Yeah!

Cardio:Arc trainer- 30 min (275 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I moderated in foods I really like, but only enough so I could just eat some and not overeat.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning a couple of clients tonight. Finishing up on taxes and looking at info for Disney Cruise Lines. We've gone 2 times already (Disney Magic and Wonder), but my daughter wants to go for her birthday this year. So this time we're looking at the Caribbean cruise which is 7 days! It'll be in July so I've got plenty of time to cut up!!

Cardio:Tababta protocol Arc Trainer- 12 minutes (4 minute warm up, Tabata, 4 minute cool down) 236 calories.

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Up a bit, but it's probably due to the soy sauce from yesterday.
  • spartacus69
    Funny, we're looking into a family cruise as well ... more for my in-laws but the Little Spartacuses will be along too, so it needs to be kid friendly. Probably one of the big RCLs, but not sure yet.

Last night: did a 20-minute stability-ball core routine, just to be able to say I did something.

This a.m.: strength training, 2x10 warmup sets, 2x10 working sets:

Squats - 167.5 lbs

Incline Press - 152.5
    > superset w/ Pull-Ups (bodyweight, assisted) - 4x10

Stiff-Leg Deads - 107.5
    > superset w/ Upright Rows - 87.5 lbs

Dumbbells Curls - 30s
    >superset w/ Calf Raises - also w/ 30s
  • ninerbuff
    Funny, we're looking into a family cruise as well ... more for my in-laws but the Little Spartacuses will be along too, so it needs to be kid friendly. Probably one of the big RCLs, but not sure yet.

Last night: did a 20-minute stability-ball core routine, just to be able to say I did something.

This a.m.: strength training, 2x10 warmup sets, 2x10 working sets:

Squats - 167.5 lbs

Incline Press - 152.5
    > superset w/ Pull-Ups (bodyweight, assisted) - 4x10

Stiff-Leg Deads - 107.5
    > superset w/ Upright Rows - 87.5 lbs

Dumbbells Curls - 30s
    >superset w/ Calf Raises - also w/ 30s
    Oh yeah!!! Rocking it out!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Just one client and TKO tonight! With Melissa helping out on the Monday/Wednesday class, I can check out each member more frequently!

Cardio:Arc climber- level 35 30 min (320 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Down a little and hoping to be down a little more tomorrow.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning, a client and Volleyball girls tonight. Working with Melissa today to give her pointers on becoming a trainer.

Cardio:Arc Trainer- level 35 30 min (350 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I did good yesterday and it showed on the scale this morning.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Hello, all! Been busy every night this week and hadn't planned in workouts. Guess a couple extra rest days won't hurt, but need to get back to it.

Thursday: Cardio

45 minute jog, varied pace.

Food: a little under. Been a bit under all week. Have lost 3 pounds from last week. Within 1 pound of my lowest weight since joining MFP. Which means I'm less than 10 lbs from my first goal of 160lbs.
  • ninerbuff
    Good job! I'm following suit!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Man it's stormin' today! Been wet all week here in the Bay Area. I got a couple of clients today and TKO. Almost ready to put out the sign up sheet for my next sessions classes and it already seems like they will all be full. May have to start thinking about subbing in another class time over personal training time.

Cardio: Arc trainer- level 35 30 min (366 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: I did really good yesterday. Did have a Fruistista, but it was within calorie limits.
  • Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Man it's stormin' today! Been wet all week here in the Bay Area. I got a couple of clients today and TKO. Almost ready to put out the sign up sheet for my next sessions classes and it already seems like they will all be full. May have to start thinking about subbing in another class time over personal training time.

Cardio: Arc trainer- level 35 30 min (366 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6

Assessment: I did really good yesterday. Did have a Fruistista, but it was within calorie limits.

This is awesome...congrats on doing so well and getting full classes, dude that can be really hard, they must enjoy your class very much
  • So sorry I have been MIA, it is not that I have not been thinking about being on here, it is well life got in the way. My exercise is still solid though, I have added an additional day. So I am up to 5 times a week at the gym and walking at lunch 5 days a week so I am actually doing some form of exercise everyday, I really don't count my lunch walks though, they are just for clearing of the head.

Some highlights, I did the bodyrocktv "Let it rain sweat" 1000 rep workout, I did it in 34:07:21. i was happy with the time and man was I sore for days afterwards. I am continuing my lifting of course and even did pole dancing again (this is fun, but man not quite sexy yet:-) I am thinking of doing some pilates to learn more control for the pole dancing.

I will try to do better in the future at recording this. Oh my eating has been terrible. I am doing a fast today to just help me get back on track, fingers crossed that it will work
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Well hello all! I have excellent news! I have won a scholarship for dance training and I couldn't be happier [or busier!] I officially start private lessons on the first week of May, but already this week has been intense. I will still be working 40 hours a week and attempting to fit in my core and strength circuit workouts at the gym. Dance is definitely taking off for me. I've spent the past 4 nights getting home at midnight or later and expending HUGE amounts of calories dancing, which feels great. I had some awful water weight bloating this week, up four pounds but I just dropped it and might have lost another pound even. So excited to see by the end of the week.

Total calorie burn from exercise this week = 2,629 calories. And that doesn't count the total food displacement since I'm rarely over my calorie count these days, and today I barely managed 572. I just didn't feel like eating today. Still trying to get over a cold and my hip fracture from February still causes me problems when dancing. It will probably take until the summer to fully heal, since I NEVER completely rested. I'll deal with it, but I might be limping tomorrow. Oh well...everything has been so WORTH it.

I'm stoked. Keep up the good work to all!
  • ninerbuff
    So sorry I have been MIA, it is not that I have not been thinking about being on here, it is well life got in the way. My exercise is still solid though, I have added an additional day. So I am up to 5 times a week at the gym and walking at lunch 5 days a week so I am actually doing some form of exercise everyday, I really don't count my lunch walks though, they are just for clearing of the head.

Some highlights, I did the bodyrocktv "Let it rain sweat" 1000 rep workout, I did it in 34:07:21. i was happy with the time and man was I sore for days afterwards. I am continuing my lifting of course and even did pole dancing again (this is fun, but man not quite sexy yet:-) I am thinking of doing some pilates to learn more control for the pole dancing.

I will try to do better in the future at recording this. Oh my eating has been terrible. I am doing a fast today to just help me get back on track, fingers crossed that it will work
    So cool on the 1000 reps! And yes, I want to hear more about how the pole dancing goes.
  • ninerbuff
    Well hello all! I have excellent news! I have won a scholarship for dance training and I couldn't be happier [or busier!] I officially start private lessons on the first week of May, but already this week has been intense. I will still be working 40 hours a week and attempting to fit in my core and strength circuit workouts at the gym. Dance is definitely taking off for me. I've spent the past 4 nights getting home at midnight or later and expending HUGE amounts of calories dancing, which feels great. I had some awful water weight bloating this week, up four pounds but I just dropped it and might have lost another pound even. So excited to see by the end of the week.

Total calorie burn from exercise this week = 2,629 calories. And that doesn't count the total food displacement since I'm rarely over my calorie count these days, and today I barely managed 572. I just didn't feel like eating today. Still trying to get over a cold and my hip fracture from February still causes me problems when dancing. It will probably take until the summer to fully heal, since I NEVER completely rested. I'll deal with it, but I might be limping tomorrow. Oh well...everything has been so WORTH it.

I'm stoked. Keep up the good work to all!
    Congratulations dream! Attaining a scholarship is no piece of cake so take full advantage of it and kick *kitten*!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Welcome back, krista! Glad to see you posting again.

Congrats, dream! That's fantastic!

Saturday: Cardio

1.5 miles total. Walk/run split.

.25 mile warm up walk, .5 mile jog, .25 mile walk recovery, .25 mile jog, .25 mile cool down walk. Total time was 30 minutes.

10 minutes of stretching afterwards.

Food: Should be on, or a little under today.

Assessment: Have lost another .5 pounds since Wednesday.
  • ninerbuff
    Welcome back, krista! Glad to see you posting again.

Congrats, dream! That's fantastic!

Saturday: Cardio

1.5 miles total. Walk/run split.

.25 mile warm up walk, .5 mile jog, .25 mile walk recovery, .25 mile jog, .25 mile cool down walk. Total time was 30 minutes.

10 minutes of stretching afterwards.

Food: Should be on, or a little under today.

Assessment: Have lost another .5 pounds since Wednesday.
    A little closer now!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! A client and TKO this morning! Then later watch my DD perform on the stage for the first time!

Cardio: Arc Trainer- level 35 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Had Mediterranean food last night! So good!
  • spartacus69
    Sounds like good news from everyone! Congrats all, even if just for coming back.

I've concluded that after 4 weeks of this 3-day-a-week total body weight routine that my body is too old for it. I'm not recovering properly, my joints ache (especially my shoulders which are getting overworked), and I've got no energy for cardio on non-strength days.

Soooo ... I came up with a split routine that will build in much more recovery time before hitting the same muscle group again. This should be much more workable for me.

Chest & Triceps today; here is the total routine:

3x15 standard push-ups

Flat Bench, three warmup sets with increasing weight and high reps, then 10x, 8x, 6x and 5x at 187.5

3x15 military push-ups

Incline Bench, two warmup sets then 8x, 6x, 5x and 5x at 152.5

EZ Bar Tricep Extension on a decline bench, 8x, 6x and 5x at 65 lbs

1-arm overhead dumbbell tricep extension, 10 reps each arm w/ 20lbs

Tricep Dips - to failure

Woot!