Topic: T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM - Week 29

Replies

• lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Howdy pahdnahs! Okay, so hubby and I went this morning to look at some fitness places around town. They have a new club less that 1/2 mile from my house. Beee-U-tiful! and waaaay outta my price range! There is also a Snap Fitness and an Anytime Fitness about a mile from the house in opposite directions.... I want a pool though.:grumble: I'm not giving up.

Hubby's group sang tonight, then late dinner out with a big group. Had a LOT of fun. Now I'm beat! But wanted to check in and say, I didn't eat great today, but not horrible either. And I got in all my water. :happy:

On the topic of plateaus - I haven't fully hit a plateau. My body likes to say a looooong goodbye to every pound it lets go of. I seem to lose a pound or two every third week. I definately see a pattern to it. I have not drastically changed my calorie intake or my exercise routine since starting the program back in January. But I'm good with this pace and not looking to really rush the weight off ~ I do better with gradual changes...

Okay, I can barely keep my eyes open - :yawn:

Sheila - sooooo great to see you! I was missing you!

Crazybee - Am I funny "ha ha" or funny "weird"? :bigsmile:

Nighty night.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Lulu you are funny HAHA and I love the slipper threat. You feel like the glue that keeps us together. And in no way is that any kind of insult. There are leader and followers. I am a follower and you are a leader.

Adopt, man I thought I had pissed you off. I didn't mean any harm, i was just typing away being silly. Maybe I better keep my big mouth shut! LOL

I managed to log the first half of the day. I will try to make myself put in my dinner before I get off the computer. It's after 11pm and my eyes are gettin heavy.
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    I teach High school Art. Its really fun and the students are a blast. This will be my fourth year at this school and my seventh year teaching. it is really wonderful to know that what you do has such a direct impact that I get to see every day.
  • CrazybeeRX
    manda: Kudos to you for being a high school teacher! It' hard enough for me to be a MOM of ONE high schooler much less a whole classroom. How is your book coming along?

I logged cleaning house as excercise for the first time yesterday and it burned a little over 200 calories...was nice!

I filled out an application for a 2nd job- part time- yesterday. The job would be at Catherine's which is a plus-size store. It is only for 9 hours a week which would be perfect. It also has a 40% employee discount there, Lane Bryant, and Fashionbug. That would be so cool. Both my daughters are plus size a well a myself and they would love it!! The gal who gave me the appliction told me that the lady who interview is tough on interviewing process she want to weed out people who aren't serious. So please pray for me. This would be good for me.
  • CrazybeeRX
    manda: Kudos to you for being a high school teacher! It' hard enough for me to be a MOM of ONE high schooler much less a whole classroom. How is your book coming along?

I logged cleaning house as excercise for the first time yesterday and it burned a little over 200 calories...was nice!

I filled out an application for a 2nd job- part time- yesterday. The job would be at Catherine's which is a plus-size store. It is only for 9 hours a week which would be perfect. It also has a 40% employee discount there, Lane Bryant, and Fashionbug. That would be so cool. Both my daughters are plus size a well a myself and they would love it!! The gal who gave me the appliction told me that the lady who interview is tough on interviewing process she want to weed out people who aren't serious. So please pray for me. This would be good for me.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team,

Deb - Good Luck on the new pt JOB I know you will be just fine...If they dont hire you it would be their LOSS.... My gain :-) but stay positive and you get positive... have faith and believe in yourself and good things will follow....

LuLu - I have missed you as well...

I will start posting more I promise... I have almost reached my 1st 50 pound goal about to start the next 50 pounds....
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Better late than never, eh?

Manda-SW 198, GW135, CW 174 = +2lbs
    prayerful -1
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 236 - loss of 2.5 lbs
    adopt4 - no change
    lulu - no change
    crazybee sw273.3, gw 175. cw 249=lost -2.1
    Losingit4good SW 250/ GW 175/ CW 216 Up 4lbs
    Sheila SW 329 / GW 150 / CW 280 = 2 pounds lost wooo hooo 1 more pound and I will have reached my 50pound goal!!! then to start the next 50 pounds :-)
    cyndeebee - SW 136 GW 115 CW 123 no change...still on a plateau

I don't actually mind the plateau. I'm close to my goal weight, and I find that when I lose a few pounds, my body needs to readjust. It's like I become a shape-shifter or something, only in a good way. My muscles tone up, my waist has more definition...and I've definitely smaller in the bust. Which is okay, because I've also lost quite a bit in the hips. Does anyone else notice this "realignment" when they hit a plateau???

The BEST change is in my eating habits. NO MORE JUNK FOOD IN THE EVENINGS! I try to eat a big supper, later than 5:30, and that makes the difference for me. It used to be that I'd eat a "calorie conscious" supper, and then I'd graze all evening. That's pretty much stopped, and if I do get hungry, I'm satisfied with a 100 calorie snack.

Wow! I've learned so much here...
    I'll try to get back to writing, Debbie. I'm much better, but now I'm on a rush to try to finish up a bit of painting. I've requested a move to a downstairs apartment, hopefully within the month, so now I have to get everything finished here...
  • cyndeebee
    I just noticed that we're coming up to "milestones." The 25 pound mark for some, and the 50 pound mark for others...
    Way to go! How are you going to celebrate?
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    in the regular size section... what a strange feeling shopping in there ... I actually thought at one point that people were probably thinking that I must be crazy to shop there and that I would never fit anything there... I really have to get out of that mind set that I'm in ... I still keep thinking that I am a lot bigger than I am... any suggestions on how I can do this?

That is exactly me. (I kept thinking people would say, what the heck are you doing over in THIS section??) I keep going back to another store, trying on the same size, and saying "really? it really fits?" That's why I did so much "shopping" (not buying) a few weeks ago, I just couldn't believe the size I was getting into. I pick up jeans and say, no, those won't fit at all, waaaayyyy too small - and they end up being too BIG!!

I think it takes time. Your body image has been off for a long time, and it will take time to get it accurate. I had facial reconstructive surgery years ago, and although the bone structures were changed and not my skin, my face looked totally different. It took a year or so before I actually thought it looked like me at all. Now when I look in the mirror, it's me. But in the beginning, it was freaky. I had posted pics of myself around my apartment (I lived alone) so I could get used to seeing myself as I was now. And the strange thing, when I'm going thru old photos, and look at me in h.s. and college, and now, it doesn't look as drastic as I thought it did then. Nobody who knew me in h.s. or college realizes I actually had major surgery, and it really does look like me. So I'm guessing I'll do a similiar thing when I get to my goal weight.

I fold up my clothes now after washing them and swear they're not mine - they're too small! So weird!
  • adopt4
    OK so here I am breaking my own request again... went to a "girls night" at a friends house, we did girly stuff with foot baths and waxing and parrafin... it was so fun! Man those women are crazy! I got home at 4 am and it was only a 5 min drive home!! I couldn't believe I stayed out all night!! But I just laughed and laughed at them, they are just a funny bunch. Oh and I had my first massage, one of the girls is a massage therapist... I'm hooked. So I slept in till nearly noon... so my eating and drinking is all screwed up today too.

I didn't drink at all, but I did eat some crap (cheesecake burritoes, OMGosh good) so I figured I'd keep the sugar down as much as possible and do one or the other. Drank water the entire night.

Got up, hubby and 2 boys went down for a nap, and I'm cleaning house. Someone please explain the magic behind a carpeted play room where no food, drink or shoes is allowed, how can 3 little boys stain it up in 2 mos???? Is there a dirty carpet fairy I need to put a hit out on???
  • cyndeebee
    About the carpet...Do your boys wear slippers around the house? Bare feet will dirty a carpet up faster than shoes...
    Another thing I discovered the hard way...When Britt was little, I used to let her sit in the doorway with her bubbles and bubble wand. Took awhile, but the carpet got very, very dirty. All that soap...
    And what a nuisance to clean. All of that soap was still in the carpet...
    (But I'm guessing you're not doing "bubbles" on the carpet...)
  • Hi Gang

First of all, I have taken on a name or an username change. I have went from indianagranny to losingweightfor me. I have been reading post but not posting. Why you ask - I can't honestly answer that. A couple of you know I have been under a lot of stress with my daughter but has nothing to do with you all. I want to get back on the wagon and get some more weight off. I need some encouragement and to get that I have to post. Thanksgiving is approximagtely 13 weeks away and would like to be down another 13 pounds so I need to get with it. Anybody else up to a challenge for Thanksgiving and joining me. Needless to say, I have have a weight gain that has stuck with me while I have been off here but since a week ago I have lost three pounds - so that is a start. I will post on weigh in day this friday with a starting weight this week of 187.6 pounds. I just hope Aunt Flo don't wreck my week.

My hopes this week are
    1. drinking half my body weight in water.
    2. exercising 30 minutes when I get home from work, 30 minutes before I go to bed and 30 minutes before I go to work.
    3. posting twice a day and encouraging people also whether it be weight loss or whatever.

A lot of you are doing so great and I am so proud. Keep up the good work. Pass some of the good fortune over here please. I am glad to see a lot of you back posting. I hope you keep it up.
    Well gang, I just hope I can stick with this and get back into full swing of getting on with this lifestyle change.

Good night
  • adopt4
    About the carpet...Do your boys wear slippers around the house? Bare feet will dirty a carpet up faster than shoes...

(But I'm guessing you're not doing "bubbles" on the carpet...)

oh man NOW you tell me! thinking about it though, makes sense, oil on the feet...

slept most of the day, first sleeping in, then got up in the afternoon, developed a bad headache... drugged up now with migraine med (the fact that it worked means it must actually be a migraine, which I didn't think it was). horrible to have a "hangover" the next day when you only drank water! LOL

did not get my water in today, am working on it now though. i still have time to reach my water goal.

i'm up for the thanksgiving challenge! good to see you back and posting! missed u so MUCH!!!
  • CrazybeeRX
    I think I will try the Thanksgiving challenge that will be 236 for me. I went to a baby shower today and blew it with food. I ate lots of veggies but I had 3 pinwheel sandwiches and 3 of these thing that were made of criossant dough on the bottom then cream cheese on top with veggies on top of that. They were sooooo good. I think I would have been ok on calories cause I had 1200 when I went there, IF I hadn't had chicken trip for dinner. If I had left it at that for the day I might have been ok. But I ate at 2:30 at the hower and I wa hungry by 8pm tonight o I ate the chicken strips.
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Good morning!
    Its my fist day and I can't waight to meet the kids! I hope your day is as wonderful as I know mine will be,
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning everyone :flowerforyou:

Monday already arrrgggg :laugh: the weekends always go by way to fast ... why is that?? Well this weekend was just like every other weekend ... did not always make the healthiest choices and I didn't get all my water in yesterday but I'm not stressing over it ... It's been the same with every weekend so far and I'm still losing weight so I'm not going to beat myself up about it and just get back at it today again. I hope that this will continue because I like the cheat weekends :laugh:

losingweightforme - I'm glad to see you back here and posting again :flowerforyou: just remember we are all here for you. I am going to do the same as you with the water & exercising this week. We will do this together :wink: This morning I have done my 30 minutes exercise when I got up and so far a couple glasses of water... off to a great start :wink:

manda - wow you guys are back to school already? Our kids dont' get back until Sept 1st ... usually they don't return until after labour day weekend but I guess since the weekend is a little later this year they are returning before.

adopt - thank you for your post ... I feel a little better about the shopping ... I know it will take time to get out of that mind set.

Well I better go get ready for work ... you all have a wonderful day!! Be back after work!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team,

Yep its me Sheila :laugh: I think I will set my next goal for thanks giving I should be down another 30 pounds by then and my 50 pound goal is for Jan. That is 10 pounds a month... so by Jan I should weigh 229 OMG I havent weighed that in years..

I had resently went to my neices wedding and we took a family pic of my kids hubby and i and for all of you that are on facebook I have looked at that pic and I have realized my daughter is bigger then me...I really got to get her motivated... she is just soooooo lazy...well she is going to be staying at my sisters during the school year and she will be walking halfway home so she will get some exercise...and she is taking Tenis in school so maybe that will help...

anyway just wanted to stop by and say good morning Team and i will check back in a bit late...

LUV YA TEAM

Sheila
  • CrazybeeRX
    You know how everyone says (even my doctor)" You didn't gain the weight over night , so you cant expect to lose the weight over night." ? Well whoever says that has never been heavy. I can gain so fast!!!! But take forever to lose it. That saying is bull**** and the doctor should never say that! You can gain 5lb in a week and take weeks to get it off and I'm not talking gaining during TOM! This is just plain hard. You work so hard to try to lose and in a blink of an eye pounds just jump back on you! GGGRRRRR
  • Good Morning
    Thanks you all for the welcome backs - I have missed yo all too. First of all, whenI got home this morning I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. so I either have 45 minutes left to exercise when I get up or 15 before bedtime here ina few and 30 when I get up. Only got in 2 glasses of water so not good there. Will work on it a little harder before I go to bed.

Lorann - thanks for joining me. I decided to break up by 30 minutes before I go to bed cause it is so close to when I get home. I will just definitely get in 90 minutes before I go to work. You are doing so good. I will get back in the swing of things and maybe it will go off again like it was.

Adopt4 - we can do this Thanksgiving challenge. I am shooting just for a pound a week but will take more cause just of the holiday parties. but will try kicking up the exercising on the weekends and see where that gets me. By the way, that is a fact about bare feet on carpet - I use to run a carpet store. I don't follow what I preach but should wear socks.

Debbie - way to go accepting the Thanksgiving challenge. I will let you farm my farmland and maybe that will help those fingers. haha. I hate that phrase too

Sheila - Congratulations on your goals and way to go setting new ones. glad to see you are back posting.

Manda1111 - I wish I had your enthusiam girl. good - luck this year at school.

Well, I put my start weight day started and goal weight on the calendar on Thanksgiving Day to remind me when I get there.

Just a little bit of good news to share, my son and daughter - in- law found out they are having a boy definitely. Due date right now is December 29th

That is all for me right now. I am pretty sure I said two posts a day. So catch u before I go to work but will probably be a quick one as I will get exercising in first. Have a good day everyone.
  • Loran-that is soooo cool on the clothing! Nice to see hard work pay off!

Adopt4- I have an inlaw that comes in from out of town about 5x a year for a week or longer unexpected. He doesn’t get it. I just can’t rearrange my whole life if he doesn’t want to let us know he’s coming. The added spin to that is that he stays at our house. So personally I don’t think its rude you don’t cancel your plans. If I put myself in others shoes I wouldn’t expect that if I just showed up.

Sheila- awesome on the loss. Sorry about the flair up. That sucks. But so cool about the 50lb mark. You go girl.

Lulu-good luck on the gym hunt. I go to the gym for the pool and then in the winter for spin classes and sometimes other stuff. I have a cheap yearly renewable fee. I use to be a gym rat but just love the great outdoors much better=)

Crazybee- thanks for checking in with us. Praying about that job for you.

Cindee-that was so cool about your thoughts on body realignment!

IG aka L4M- I was so sad when I went to your profile and you were gone. So glad your back! I’m up to the TG challenge with you.

Dang. I did good all day Saturday then come time for my slumber party and up alllll night followed by being up all day yesterday I ate like crap! I am now refreshed and need to get up and get in a nice long workout and clean house before returning to work tomorrow. I better get off her and get moving. Hugs to you all. Here is to a great day!