2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    6/7 Only managed 2miles on a crappy hotel treadmill, that the man before me did not wipe off (yuck). I drove 3 hours with my nephew to go stay with my mom. She is away for work so we get to stay in a nice hotel for the weekend.
    A NICE hotel but a CRAPPY TM??? I HATE that!! I ALWAYS try to view the hotel/motel fitness rooms BEFORE I book!!! Have a fun weekend though!!!
  • 7/7 today. I didnt return the hotel gym I went outside and ran on the RiverWalk. It started out nice and quiet until I saw a pack of foxes. That surely made me run faster until I got passed the wooded area. Then I heard some more bush rattling down the way, which made me sprint again. I managed 3.4 miles running and .7 miles walking.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    5/7 30 min with leslie
  • vhuber
    7/7 today. I didnt return the hotel gym I went outside and ran on the RiverWalk. It started out nice and quiet until I saw a pack of foxes. That surely made me run faster until I got passed the wooded area. Then I heard some more bush rattling down the way, which made me sprint again. I managed 3.4 miles running and .7 miles walking.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vhuber
    7/7 was a 7 mile bike ride. It was fairly decent out there today!!!
  • Beginning the week with an uneventful 4 mile walk early this morning. It was so peaceful.
  • vhuber
    I love those tranquill moments too thinktank. I cannot imagine living in city life anymore!!!

My 1/7 was 3 miles on the elliptical and 3 miles on the indoor bike! it was too cold and windy to want to go out today!
    Have a great week ladies!!!
  • ivykivy
    1/7 4 miles with leslie, 15 min of the firm and 10 min walking outside.

Who Hates Allergies??!! I DO!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    I forgot to check in on Saturday, but I was 7/7 with a 22 minute "run" plus 8 min warm up/cool down walk. I put "run" in quotes because I am soooo not up to speed--just doing 5.3 mph--but at least I'm getting back on track. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to go for 22 minutes straight!!

I took yesterday off so I'm still sitting at 0/7 for this week, but I'm going to try to get another run in on the treadmill this morning, and will check in after that.

Happy Monday all!!! :smile:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Wow, 12 hours later and no other posts?! Everyone must be busy today! :)

So I'm 1/7 today with a 30 minute treadmill run at 5.3 mph plus 10 minute warm up / cool down walk. I can't tell you guys how excited I was to actually RUN 30 minutes straight without stopping--even though my pace was slow. If anyone had told me that I would be back to running at 2 weeks post partum I would never have believed it, but I am SOOO thankful!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • yes, today was a busy day. But I ran with an evening running group and had my fastest mile to date (which is probably slow to everyone else). We did a 5k + some. I wasn't at the beginning of the pack but I didnt bring up the rear either. I like how they cheer you on as you make it to the end. SO I am 2/7 today.
  • vhuber

So I'm 1/7 today with a 30 minute treadmill run at 5.3 mph plus 10 minute warm up / cool down walk. I can't tell you guys how excited I was to actually RUN 30 minutes straight without stopping--even though my pace was slow. If anyone had told me that I would be back to running at 2 weeks post partum I would never have believed it, but I am SOOO thankful!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    AWESOME!!!! It will be no time when you will be at your old speed and distance!!! You are doing soooo great!
  • vhuber
    yes, today was a busy day. But I ran with an evening running group and had my fastest mile to date (which is probably slow to everyone else). We did a 5k + some. I wasn't at the beginning of the pack but I didnt bring up the rear either. I like how they cheer you on as you make it to the end. SO I am 2/7 today.
    Yahooo way to run!!!!!!
  • vhuber
    2/7 with a 3 mile jog and a full body weight lifting routine!
  • ivykivy
    2/7 Taebo basic

Heather you've just had a baby and you're running that in itself is awesome!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member

OMG!! Heather... WHAT??? You go girl... just be good to yourself... you just put your body through some amazing events... :bigsmile: So proud of you!
    Here I thought I was all hottsie tottsie.. I ran for 30 mins yesterday too at 5.8-6.0 and I thought I was doing good...
    I bow to you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    Sorry friends that I haven't been very supportive. Things have been really hectic at the house. My daughter and grandsons were here for a couple weeks... that turned everything upside down! haha Track season and baseball stated for my son and I am not quite into the routine yet!
    Will try to catch up on posts and see what you have all been up to!
  • makeitallsue
    1/7 4 miles with leslie, 15 min of the firm and 10 min walking outside.

Who Hates Allergies??!! I DO!
    Oh No!! Not you too???? Ivy, I got hit hard last Friday night, I was doing concessions at a JV game and I was sniffling around before the game... tehn after they started raking the infield... OMG, I was sneezing all the way home, Saturday I got up and it felt like my head was gonna explode with congestion :mad: I feel a bit better today... but sneezing my head off all morning...

Hugs Girl! :flowerforyou:
  • Hi everyone. Well I have less than 8 weeks before I get married WOOHOO and about that much time or less to get rid of about 10 more lbs. I am being consistent and hoping for the best. Today makes 3/7 with a 1 mile walk and 20 mile cycling class. I was soaking wet when I walked out. But it was a great class. Hope everyone is having a happy day
  • wanna_be_fit
    I'm 2/7 today with my Zumba class tonight. It was so much fun--even tho my instructor and classmates thought that I'd lost my mind by coming back already! I just feel so fortunate that I've had such a smooth recovery. And don't worry ladies, I'm not pushing too hard! :)

To those of you with allergies I feel so bad for you! My hubby has them something terrible and he is absolutely miserable! It's such a shame to not be able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather this time of year.

Congrats Thinktank on your upcoming wedding--how exciting! I think you can totally lose those 10 pounds before the big day.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!! :)