Halloween Chlg - Day 14: Oct 29 (& weekend) check in

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Hello everyone! How did you do this weekend with your cardio?

Friday night (well, slightly after midnight) I went to the fitness center in my hotel and got in 30 minutes trying out the different pieces of equipment. The Precor & upright bike didn't work so well with my ankle. For some reason, even though I had to stay on the ball of my left foot, I REALLY like the jogging on the treadmill. I used to run when I was MUCH younger so maybe that had something to do with it??? And, the stair stepper was okay on my ankle and I'd say gave the most bang for the buck cardio wise. Good to know that there are some other options for me when I have access to other equipment.

Saturday I took advantage of my boys not being with me and went shopping. My cardio for the day was about an hour and a half of walking.

And, Sunday I went shopping again but just to the hardware store to pick something up for my hubby on the way home from my weekend away. Don't think it was 30 minutes. So, yesterday was the first time since the challenge started that I didn't make my 30 minutes af cardio. I'd say that's not too bad!

I didn't eat real well this weekend and didn't count calories at all. I did pay attention to what I ate though, and made conscious decisions to eat what I ate. Weighed myself this morning and gained 1 pound. I'm totally okay with that and will get it back off by my weigh in day on Friday.

Only 2 more days on this challenge! Thanks everyone for playing! I didn't initiate the challenge but hope it was okay to sort of "take it over". I'll decide on a new one and will post it on Wednesday. It probably won't be an everyday challenge as it seems many people take a rest day. If you have any suggestions for it let me know!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ and Happy Monday!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Hello everyone! How did you do this weekend with your cardio?

Friday night (well, slightly after midnight) I went to the fitness center in my hotel and got in 30 minutes trying out the different pieces of equipment. The Precor & upright bike didn't work so well with my ankle. For some reason, even though I had to stay on the ball of my left foot, I REALLY like the jogging on the treadmill. I used to run when I was MUCH younger so maybe that had something to do with it??? And, the stair stepper was okay on my ankle and I'd say gave the most bang for the buck cardio wise. Good to know that there are some other options for me when I have access to other equipment.

Saturday I took advantage of my boys not being with me and went shopping. My cardio for the day was about an hour and a half of walking.

And, Sunday I went shopping again but just to the hardware store to pick something up for my hubby on the way home from my weekend away. Don't think it was 30 minutes. So, yesterday was the first time since the challenge started that I didn't make my 30 minutes af cardio. I'd say that's not too bad!

I didn't eat real well this weekend and didn't count calories at all. I did pay attention to what I ate though, and made conscious decisions to eat what I ate. Weighed myself this morning and gained 1 pound. I'm totally okay with that and will get it back off by my weigh in day on Friday.

Only 2 more days on this challenge! Thanks everyone for playing! I didn't initiate the challenge but hope it was okay to sort of "take it over". I'll decide on a new one and will post it on Wednesday. It probably won't be an everyday challenge as it seems many people take a rest day. If you have any suggestions for it let me know!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ and Happy Monday!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Hey Niccole:
    Glad you have kept this challenge going. It has motivated me on days when I didn't feel like doing anything because I wanted to be able to have something to enter, just to say that I did it. It really helps!
    I have upped my exercise. Saturday I made sure to burn 250, and yesterday was busy and rainy, so poor pooch didn't get his walk, so I made myself go on the bike and the elliptical last night to burn those 250 calories per day. It always feels like an accomplishment when you're done!

I'd really like to start finishing up all my exercise in the morning as posted by a bunch of the others for better brain stimulation (believe me, I need it - I am a very forgetful person! :ohwell: ) and calorie burn throughout the day. I'm hoping that all this will help to as I continue to age, ee gad, as both my grandma and mom had thyroid problems and the strokes which caused dementia. My mom had her first stroke in her 40's and ended up with a walker by the time she was 60 even with her swimming. I'm not going to follow in those footsteps, if I can help it at all.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Happy Monday everyone! I had a great workout this morning on the treadmill! My husband loaded some fun music on my i-pod last night and this morning at the gym I was rocking out and before I knew it I had gone over an hour! I'm sure people around me thought I was crazy, though, singing and beating my "air drums"! I had a rough weekend, so it was nice to start off the week on a high note.
  • snorth
    snorth Posts: 11
    Niccole - you rock for keeping this going! I started it and then got WAY off track. Going to try to be better... Looking forward to a run/walk tonight the weather is awesome! Looking forward to your next challenge!!