Getting rid of belly fat

I work out a lot and have been loosing some weight as well as gaining muscle but I seem to be struggling with battling belly anybody have any suggestions?

Replies

• mslacimae1991
    mslacimae1991 Posts: 29 Member
    bump. I'm watching. Most of my weight is stubborn belly fat too. It makes it 10 times worse that I had a c-section and have the awful c-section pooch.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Genetics. You can't spot reduce, you can just reduce overall body fat. Your body will burn belly fat based on a genetic fat burning order, nothing you can do will change it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    Lose fat all over. Ta da.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Genetics. You can't spot reduce, you can just reduce overall body fat. Your body will burn belly fat based on a genetic fat burning order, nothing you can do will change it.

yup. just have to keep at it. the place you want to lose the most, is the place you're going to lose the last.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member

^ THIS
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    You cant spot reduce but you can help your body along the way by eating as clean as possible.. You will see it on here time and time again and it is so true..

Abs are made in the kitchen
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,725 Member
    Lose the weight, tone your muscles, and cross your fingers.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Genetics. You can't spot reduce, you can just reduce overall body fat.
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
    yup. just have to keep at it. the place you want to lose the most, is the place you're going to lose the last.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:cry: *zigh* well, guess me n my "thighs" will just have to keep working at it... :cry:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    if you aren't already (for both OP, and above poster) start doing dead lifts and squats.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Genetics. You can't spot reduce, you can just reduce overall body fat.
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:cry: *zigh* well, guess me n my "thighs" will just have to keep working at it... :cry:

So sad but true :sad:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Also, get happy!
    Stressed people store more fat in the mid region.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member

crossing fingers, toes and legs....:happy:
  • p_nutprincess
    p_nutprincess Posts: 25 Member
    My guess it that it's diet, which is 80% of the battle. Are you truly eating clean, or just not logging the cookie you ate? Make sure to log every crumb you eat, and then re-evaluate.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member

This.

I once dated a PT, sniper, Kung fu master and MMA fighter... I asked him the same question. His answer devastated me "if you're predisposed to putting on weight somewhere, it will be the hardest place to get rid of it. It's your genes."

He had a ripped body & I felt like a fatty next to him.... I am now just aiming to reduce body fat in general and not stress about some bits... I'm predisposed to put on weight on my bust first... So that's one good thing right? Lol
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    I don't know if you can afford an hour with a personal trianer but mine gave me specific exercise for post-surgery pooch and in 6 weeks I had lost 4.5 inches. I have a ways to go yet but the exericses really work. And the best part is there are only 4 of them. They retrain the brain and the severed muscles to learn to communicate again which they haven't been doing since they were severed by surgery.

My trainer told me I won't have a flat stomach (never had one to begin with, always a nice little curve to it) but I will see noticeable improvment.

Also, I posted links that show what foods will help in reducing the belly as well.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/531962-how-to-breakdown-belly-fat/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/453689-the-foods-that-break-down-belly-fat/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/511929-vitamins-to-help-break-down-belly-fat/

Hope that helps.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I don't know if you can afford an hour with a personal trianer but mine gave me specific exercise for post-surgery pooch and in 6 weeks I had lost 4.5 inches. I have a ways to go yet but the exericses really work. And the best part is there are only 4 of them. They retrain the brain and the severed muscles to learn to communicate again which they haven't been doing since they were severed by surgery.

My trainer told me I won't have a flat stomach (never had one to begin with, always a nice little curve to it) but I will see noticeable improvment.

Also, I posted links that show what foods will help in reducing the belly as well.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/531962-how-to-breakdown-belly-fat/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/453689-the-foods-that-break-down-belly-fat/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/511929-vitamins-to-help-break-down-belly-fat/

Hope that helps.

Ugh, did you not catch the whole thing about not being able to spot reduce? So how are specific foods going to target belly fat?
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    if you aren't already (for both OP, and above poster) start doing dead lifts and squats.

i am currently doing circuit training which includes these as well as other "leggy type stuff".... :bigsmile:
  • kreif429
    kreif429 Posts: 6
    Thank you for the websites about what to eat. I think eating "clean " is a lot of my struggle. But I read so many things never know what to beleive
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    That's my trouble spot also, especially the lower abs. For 20 yrs and two kids later I am still fighting the battle of my lower stomach.