Topic: Topic: T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM - Week 30

If your new, please join us. All are welcome here. We are here to encourage, motivate, and hold each other accountable.
This is a journey about becoming an expert on our own body. No two bodies are the same. Therefore, no ‘diet’ plan works for all. Anyway, this is a lifestyle change not a diet. If we don’t see a loss; let’s not count it as a failure. Let us experiment and discover what works best for our beautifully and wonderfully made bodies. With that being said if someone strikes a challenge to the team and its not beneficial or is harmful to you please don’t feel bad (for example many drink half their weight in water but having a kidney disease excludes me from that challenge). There is no judgement here. No finger pointing. No one else can claim to be an expert on your body but you. It’s a process. We are here to support that process.
Fridays are weigh in days for those participating. Record it like this:
(username) sw208 gw150 cw 172 loss -2 lbs

When you post, copy and paste the list and add your results to the bottom of the list in your post, so that at the end we can see our results as a team - because that's what we are. A team Trying Hard Everyday.

Welcome to T.H.E. Team!

Replies

• Lorann-SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 235 = a loss of 1lb
    Prayerfulmom-no change

I'm happy with the 'no change this week'. After having an off weekend, TOM, and then not feeling well enough to exercise the last 3 days I find myself delighted I stayed the same!
    I pose a challenge this week:

For the Facebook Farmers: No farming until after you've drank a glass of water and logged your food.

There is also 12 weeks left in the 13 in 13 Thanksgiving day challenge.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Lorann-SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 235 = a loss of 1lb
    Prayerfulmom-no change
    crazybee w 273.3 gw 175 cw 248.3=lo 1 lb

I made my 25lb goal. I've lost 25lbs before Vegas and I go to Vegas in 20 days!!! Gonna be late for work though. Good luck all!
  • Well... today is another weigh in day. I'll be checking back in later once I do it. I'm hoping that I have finally hit my 10 pound mark. I hope... if not, well I'm still pretty close lol. All I know is that I haven't gained. It's nice though getting fuller faster on less food than what I was eating several months ago lol. So good luck everyone!!
  • I made my 25lb goal. I've lost 25lbs before Vegas and I go to Vegas in 20 days!!! Gonna be late for work though. Good luck all!

woot woot!!!! Excellent work .... while farming too=)
  • Good Day Group...not logging my weight this week. Just so off track and just not doing well.
    Spent another night having an affair with my favourite garbage can in the bathroom last night. Starting to get a bit worried...this throwing up for no reason is really starting to wear me down.

Well...just wanted to let everyone know I won't be logging my progress as I just can't do it right now.

Button
  • I figured out the problem with finding the post last week....It was under fitness=-) sorry.
  • I hope they figure this out for you soon. Sorry your not doing so hot still.
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hey,
    I was so focused on work this morning that I forgot to weight in.

SW198, GW 135, CW 174 = no change

But that's better than gaining :)
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    didn't weigh this morning, forgot. dangit! with not eating for 2 days I must have lost weight, right?

still sick but the fever has come on so hopefully that means its working it's way out of my body. ate something for lunch and it actually stayed put. so that's a bonus. never actually knew my stomach was so high in my body until I could "feel" it with this flu. Sheesh! i always thought it was much lower... the things you learn about your body....
    Prayerfulmom-no change
    Manda1111-SW198, GW 135, CW 174 = no change
    Pawprint061-SW-168 / GW-140 / CW-158.9 1 pound loss

One more pound to go to hit the 10 pound mark... I'm almost there.... I'm doing ok with counting calories and logging. I am not logging every day like I use to but I'm still watching... my stomach is getting fuller quicker on less food... I'm struggling to meet my calorie count for the most part.... I'm still under most days but I don't want to eat because I'm not hungry lol.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Prayerfulmom-no change
    lulubar - SW205/ GW145/ CW189 = 5lb gain

YOIKS! So, I think I might be having a litte (huge!) problem (crisis!) with water retention! I think I'm actually sloshing when I walk. Can't wear my rings, my underclothes are tight, my shoes are tight... What the heck is going on here??? Anyway, I think I'll weigh again in a couple of days, cuz I know it's just fluids.:grumble:

Buttonnose - how miserable for you. I really hope your docs get you figured out soon and make it all better.:flowerforyou:

Prayerful - Hope you are being good to yourself:) Great start to the thread ~ thank you for leading us again this week! :love:

Crazybee ~ What a great milestone in your journey!!! Congratulations! I'm doing a happy dance for you!:bigsmile:

Manda - Definately better than a gain!

Adopt4 ~ uuuggghhh. I hate the flu, soooo miserable! I'm sorry you're feeling so icky:sad:

Pawprint ~ I'm thinking fuller quicker = thinner faster! You'll reach that 10 pound mark in no time!

later gaters ~
    lulu:drinker:
    Prayerfulmom-no change
    healthymom - maintaining at 171. only 21 lbs to go!

I decided to coast this week - watch what I eat and exercise when I can. Busy interviewing new families for my daycare and cant get out to exercise. anyway, feels good to not count/log for a while. Next week I will be ready to go at it again. I don't have far to go but it may be the hardest challenge yet!
  • Lulu- my doctor told me to cut back on water... said I was drinking way too much... He told me that when my urine started coming out clear to stop. He said that I was washing away good stuff in my body and that it's not going to help me loose but make me gain. Since I stopped drinking so much I actually feel better, and I'm starting to lose again. He said that there is a difference in getting in the recommended amount and over doing it.
  • Paw-I use the same advice as your doctor. Being that I can't afford to tax my kidney anymore my goal is to just stay hydrated. Hats off to the loss.

Lulu-i can add almost 10 lbs in water. Its crazy. Just think how good you'll feel when it drops.

Healthymom-it is so nice to not obsess sometimes I agree. isn't it cool to test it out and see that you can maintain. When I stop logging though I start eating too much. All good stuff just too much. Not my gift.

adopt4-I'm glad your starting to round the corner on this illness. better hurry up and weigh tomorrow=)

manda-maintinance is good.

Well, I did lab work and it turns out I had good reason I wasn't feeling well. My kidney function was declining. So time to adjust to the new sluggish feeling and press on but press on with respect for the body. Its a journey of learning on the way.
    Prayerfulmom-no change
    losingweight4me- sw216.2/gw150/cw183.8 -4.8 pound loss

I am grateful to start to see pounds go off again and stay hopefully. I finally found my weight calendar and for the month of August I gained .4 so after all the stress and medical problems I am satisfied. I also reevaluate after this week and although I am aiming for 90 minutes extra exercise at least six days a week - some days I will make it, some days I won't. I am not gonna stress about it - just hoping not to get off track again and quit exercising for such an extended period of time.

Prayerfulmom - thank you for starting the thread. I love your attitude girl with your problems. I hope it rubs off on me. To press on no matter what we are going through.

Lorann and Crazybee - Congratulations on hitting goals. Keep up the good work. Remember we are at 12 in 12 for the beginning of the Holiday months.

Pawprint - u are doing fantastic. Slow and steady wins the race. Thanks for the info from the doctor on the water. I will have to monitor mine.

Adopt4 - when I am sick weighing in is the last thing I think about. I have had migraines return again but at least this time TOM didn't return with it.

Lulu - sounds like water retention definitely. Could it be from sodium intake?

Healthymom - good job. those 21 pounds are going to be difficult. Good - luck

Have a great weekend everyone
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    I was talking online to Lisa last night and told her that I was happy about dropping 2 pants sizes and she said I needed to post my success so here I am. When I first started this everyone was talking about losing clothes size and how happy they were when they went shopping and could get a smaller size pant. So I got in my closet and got out a pair of my favorite jeans that were 2 sizes smaller than I have been wearing and hung them on the closet door knob to remind me of my goal. Well 2 weekends ago I was cleaning my room and walked by the jeans and wondered how close I was to getting into them so I stopped and tried them on and was sooo suprised to find they actually fit!! I was doing a happy dance all over the house. My son thought I was nuts. This week I dug out 3 different pants that were the 2 sizes smaller and wore them to work. I decided that 1 pair of "big" pants I've been wearing has to be retired because they are too big. so big I could fit a child down the front of them with me LOL. Anyway I am excited and now more excited to see the next 25 lbs come off.

I'm praying for all of you with health issues and hoping you are all feeling better soon.

Good going for all of you who are losing and maintaining. It's just as important to maintain as it is to lose. If you don't learn how to maintain you will start to gain back what you have lost. So maintaining is really important.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Crazybee!!!!! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

So glad Lisa had you post another great success for yourself!!!!! You make us proud!:love:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    just stoping in I wanted to share a few before and now pic of me and some of deb cuz she dont know how to get the pic on here!!! so i will show you her first...

debandjim.jpg

this is crazybee in March

deb.jpg

this is crazybee now

100_4407.jpg

this was me Easter of 2008

4506_85156067894_645582894_1985671_.jpg

This is me as of May 2009
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning team :flowerforyou:

Greats pics swignal & crazy .. you both look great!!

Well I was very bad while out of town :embarassed: Didn't eat right, didn't get my water in and not that much exercise (just some swimming at the pool & shopping)... but I had a great time!! :laugh: and I have to head back to the city tomorrow for another seminar on Tuesday... but I will try to do better... will even make use of the fitness center and pool at the hotel.

Woke up this morning and man am I ever swollen... what a difference when you don't get all your water in, I even had a hard time getting my rings off.

I've decided to get a 90 day membership at our Recreation Center to try it out. I'm going to go do that as soon as I get back on Wednesday, I want to start swimming every morning before work and maybe do an aquafit class a couple times a week... I will start with that and then start on the machines and meet with a trainer and see what they recommend.

That's all for now ... have a great day everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Prayerfulmom-no change
    losingweight4me- sw216.2/gw150/cw183.8 -4.8 pound loss
    cyndeebee - SW 136 GW 115 CW 124.5 gain 1.5

(What can I say? I've been slacking...)

Love the pictures, Sheila and Debbie. Can you ever see a difference! Be proud.

I love having my daughter home, but I'm looking forward to school starting, just so I can get back into my groove...

And also, like I told Debbie, I'm modifying my goal. I'll stick at 120. I'll put a picture up, in my photos, and you'll see that I'm starting to look kind of skinny in the face...
    120 is a comfortable weight for me...