Question for runners w/ iphones

Replies

• bsdive
    bsdive Posts: 75 Member
    SO glad you posted this- I got some great ideas for new downloads.:smile:
  • I use RunKeeper, which is completely free and works great. :)

I use Runkepper too! I like how it tells you if you’re on pass and how far you have gone while running outside. I run Pandora too at the same time and it is awesome!

Runkeeper + Pandora here too!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    runkeeper! Free, Integrates with my playlist, allows me to do my 1/2 training intervals.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    I use Runmeter- it tracks my runs, gives me splits/intervals, tells me my mile markers, etc. Love it.
  • Nomi3
    Nomi3 Posts: 13 Member
    The only running app I use is "Zombies, Run!" Worth every penny. I hate doing interval workouts, otherwise.

^^This! I love "Zombies, Run!" It is so entertaining that my run just flies by!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    one more vote for team Endomondo! Free and web site is easy to maneuver...
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Nike + GPS
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Runkeeper.............
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    I use runtastic and mapmyrun, I have had no problems with either of them.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I used Nike + GPS for a long time to track my runs. When I started to add in biking, I switched to Endomondo.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    I use RunKeeper, which is completely free and works great. :)

I use Runkepper too! I like how it tells you if you’re on pass and how far you have gone while running outside. I run Pandora too at the same time and it is awesome!

^^^THIS! Gives you distance total pace and current pace and time. And tracks it on map or you can manually enter it.
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Map my run or Nike + work great!
  • dtran320
    dtran320 Posts: 3 Member
    RunKeeper all the way!
    I use RunKeeper, which is completely free and works great. :)

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    if you're looking for an app that integrates your playlists then RunKeeper is a free app that works great! I use it on occasion.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Run keeper is the best. Perfect for running and cycling, no issue with GPS, it tracks distances and pace perfectly, I have measured :) I have tried all of the free ones, and this is the best (I think) :) Plus you can have it play music from a certain playlist on your iPod from your phone while the app is still giving you verbal cues, lots of settings on how often you want the verbal cues. Plus, it will post your results immediately to facebook if you turn that feature on... I want credit for all of my hard work :)
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    I use MapMyRUN and love it. It's free :happy:

Me too! I love it!
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    I'm hoping to start running outside soon (transitioning from the treadmill). What running apps do you like? I don't need anything that'll integrate with a HRM (at least that's not really an important feature for me and I don't think it'll sync with my polar anyway). I mainly want to track distance and pace.

The best rated ones I've found cost somewhere between $1-3 so even though it doesn't seem like much, I don't want to end up buying 3 or 4 (or more) different ones - just seems like a waste.

Thanks!

I use nothing, just nature and my breathing rhythm. try it for a week, you might like it. save your money, concentrate on a breathing rhythm and the sounds of nature, of course if you have any nature around you. if its all cars and trucks that to me would be dangerous having headphones on.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    The only running app I use is "Zombies, Run!" Worth every penny. I hate doing interval workouts, otherwise.

Isn't it amazing? I love this app. I never looked forward to running before I got it. I do wish it told me my pace during the run itself, but eh. I'm too busy collecting first aid kits and sports bras and escaping hordes of zombies to care.

RunKeeper is good but rarely accurately tracks my run. I got serious blips all over the place (like it will track me two miles from where I am and back instantly, messing up my mileage and pace for the entire run). I've read that it's an iOS 4 issue. Sometimes it's better if I disable wireless and turn off the location service feature for everything but runkeeper.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    I use Nike+GPS..

yeup, this is what I use also. I tried several and this one works the best for me :)
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    I use and LOVE nike+GPS (only cost me 2.99).