"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! A client and TKO this morning! Then later watch my DD perform on the stage for the first time!

Cardio: Arc Trainer- level 35 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Had Mediterranean food last night! So good!

I love Mediterranean food!
  • brandiuntz
    Sounds like good news from everyone! Congrats all, even if just for coming back.

I've concluded that after 4 weeks of this 3-day-a-week total body weight routine that my body is too old for it. I'm not recovering properly, my joints ache (especially my shoulders which are getting overworked), and I've got no energy for cardio on non-strength days.

Soooo ... I came up with a split routine that will build in much more recovery time before hitting the same muscle group again. This should be much more workable for me.

Chest & Triceps today; here is the total routine:

3x15 standard push-ups

Flat Bench, three warmup sets with increasing weight and high reps, then 10x, 8x, 6x and 5x at 187.5

3x15 military push-ups

Incline Bench, two warmup sets then 8x, 6x, 5x and 5x at 152.5

EZ Bar Tricep Extension on a decline bench, 8x, 6x and 5x at 65 lbs

1-arm overhead dumbbell tricep extension, 10 reps each arm w/ 20lbs

Tricep Dips - to failure

Woot!

NICE!
  • brandiuntz
    Sunday: Softball day!

Played 2 games of softball as catcher. Well, really, just a game and half because I got nailed in the head with a foul tip. Have a nice little cut over the eyebrow. The one disadvantage of recreational slow pitch, because you're not expected to wear protection.

Food: On target. Down below 167. Officially a little less than my previous MFP low point. 6 pounds until my first goal of 160.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    Sounds like good news from everyone! Congrats all, even if just for coming back.

I've concluded that after 4 weeks of this 3-day-a-week total body weight routine that my body is too old for it. I'm not recovering properly, my joints ache (especially my shoulders which are getting overworked), and I've got no energy for cardio on non-strength days.

Soooo ... I came up with a split routine that will build in much more recovery time before hitting the same muscle group again. This should be much more workable for me.

Chest & Triceps today; here is the total routine:

3x15 standard push-ups

Flat Bench, three warmup sets with increasing weight and high reps, then 10x, 8x, 6x and 5x at 187.5

3x15 military push-ups

Incline Bench, two warmup sets then 8x, 6x, 5x and 5x at 152.5

EZ Bar Tricep Extension on a decline bench, 8x, 6x and 5x at 65 lbs

1-arm overhead dumbbell tricep extension, 10 reps each arm w/ 20lbs

Tricep Dips - to failure

Woot!
    You have to do what's right for you as long as you're getting results.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Stats first:

Start-191.2
    Last-190
    Today- 192

Gotta keep it real and saying that yesterday I overdid it because we celebrated my DD's first time being on a stage and in front of a crowd with her choir! I'll have to make it up this week or I'll be totally off next week, but I do know that most of it is water weight.
    2 clients this morning another tonight and TKO!

Cardio:Arc trainer- 30 min (275 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: My debacle was stopping at Nestle's Toll House shop and eating at an Italian restaurant last night.
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    You have to do what's right for you as long as you're getting results.

Good so far! (Two days down, lol.) Major DOMS from that chest/tris routine ... hitting muscles like they haven't been hit in a while!

Light cardio & core day: 5K rowing followed by P90X Ab Ripper.

Around 300-325 calories burned.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning a couple of clients tonight. Taxes to be mailed today! Nothing like keeping your money till the last second. Looks like I'll be kicking it alone for most of the afternoon since my DD has a playdate till 5pm afterschool today.

Cardio:Tababta protocol Arc Trainer- 12 minutes (4 minute warm up, Tabata, 4 minute cool down) 236 calories.

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Down a little, but I did do quads hard yesterday.
  • spartacus69
    Legs & Shoulders day.

2x10 Dumbbell Deadlifts w/ a pair of 35s

Barbell Squats,
    Warmup sets: 12x67.5, 10x107.5, 8x142.5
    Working sets 172.5 lbs at 10x, 8x, 6x, 5x

Followed the last set of squats immediately (no rest) with 20 fast bodyweight squats, 20 bodyweight lunges, and 20 bodyweight reverse lunges. Quads were BURNING!

Power Clean & Press, 12x45, 10x65, then 95 lbs at 8x, 6x and 5x. (No deloading.)

superset:
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts 10x105
    Upright Rows 10x85
    repeat both with 8 reps.

Dumbbell Shoulder Flyes, 20lbs, 10x and 8x.

Food: just about perfect today.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    I just killed a massive weight lifting circuit in the gym today. I've spent this past week comparing myself to some standard I had no way of measuring up to and feeling completely inadequate and weak. I needed to be able to push myself again and see the direct results of that hard work. I increased all of my past weight limits by ten or fifteen pounds, and added about 6 new machines to my circuit to help shock my body out of its current rut. I also did my first few assisted chin ups and dips. I'm not going to lie - I completely sucked at them, but I made the attempt and that should count for something. My perception of my body has been maddeningly off all week, thanks to extreme amounts of stress and frustration and the fact that I'm too hard on myself. I finally felt like pure muscle - pressing 70 pounds with just my toes alone and leg pressing more than my body weight on several machines. I could even see the lines and shadows of definition in my arms for the first time ever. So I know I'm getting somewhere still even if I don't like what the scale has to show me - The truth is that I don't think I ever will, no matter how skinny I get.

So here's the breakdown: I think I approve!

Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) - 10 minutes - 82 calories burned
    Elliptical Trainer - 15 minutes - 153 calories burned

Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) - 45 minutes - 195 calories burned
    Toe Press 3x10x70 [New weight!]
    Vertical Press 2x10x35 [New weight]
    Seated Lateral Pull Invert 2x10x75 [New weight]
    Hamstring Curl 2x10x40 [New circuit]
    Seated Lateral Pull 2x10x60 [New weight]
    Leg Press 2x10x160 [New weight]
    Seated Cable Row 2x10x50 [New Weight]
    Standing Calf Press 3x10x140 [New Weight]
    Hip Abductor 2x10x50 [New Circuit]
    Hip Adductor 2x10x60 [New Circuit]
    Gravitron Assisted Chin-Up 1x3x50 [New Circuit]
    Gravitron Assisted Dip 1x5x50 [New Circuit]
    Overhead Press, Machine, Seated 2x10x35 [New Circuit]

Now THAT felt great. I'm determined to get ripped no matter what it takes. Dance Thursday and Friday nights and then another work out probably Saturday or Sunday depending on how things go! I'm no longer trying to beat myself up, but just trying to work smarter and harder. I'm getting plenty of cardio from dance all week. I'm using gym time to build and maintain the muscles I worked so hard to condition through the winter months. I think it's working!!
  • brandiuntz
    Nice workouts, dream and spartacus!

Tuesday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups: 3x10 Diamond pushups: 3x10
    Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb
    Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.
    Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 4x20 abdominal raises, 1x70sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.
    Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x5x15lb front lateral raise.

Food: On target.
  • ninerbuff
    Legs & Shoulders day.

2x10 Dumbbell Deadlifts w/ a pair of 35s

Barbell Squats,
    Warmup sets: 12x67.5, 10x107.5, 8x142.5
    Working sets 172.5 lbs at 10x, 8x, 6x, 5x

Followed the last set of squats immediately (no rest) with 20 fast bodyweight squats, 20 bodyweight lunges, and 20 bodyweight reverse lunges. Quads were BURNING!

Power Clean & Press, 12x45, 10x65, then 95 lbs at 8x, 6x and 5x. (No deloading.)

superset:
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts 10x105
    Upright Rows 10x85
    repeat both with 8 reps.

Dumbbell Shoulder Flyes, 20lbs, 10x and 8x.

Food: just about perfect today.
    Good job!
  • ninerbuff
    I just killed a massive weight lifting circuit in the gym today. I've spent this past week comparing myself to some standard I had no way of measuring up to and feeling completely inadequate and weak. I needed to be able to push myself again and see the direct results of that hard work. I increased all of my past weight limits by ten or fifteen pounds, and added about 6 new machines to my circuit to help shock my body out of its current rut. I also did my first few assisted chin ups and dips. I'm not going to lie - I completely sucked at them, but I made the attempt and that should count for something. My perception of my body has been maddeningly off all week, thanks to extreme amounts of stress and frustration and the fact that I'm too hard on myself. I finally felt like pure muscle - pressing 70 pounds with just my toes alone and leg pressing more than my body weight on several machines. I could even see the lines and shadows of definition in my arms for the first time ever. So I know I'm getting somewhere still even if I don't like what the scale has to show me - The truth is that I don't think I ever will, no matter how skinny I get.

So here's the breakdown: I think I approve!

Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) - 10 minutes - 82 calories burned
    Elliptical Trainer - 15 minutes - 153 calories burned

Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) - 45 minutes - 195 calories burned
    Toe Press 3x10x70 [New weight!]
    Vertical Press 2x10x35 [New weight]
    Seated Lateral Pull Invert 2x10x75 [New weight]
    Hamstring Curl 2x10x40 [New circuit]
    Seated Lateral Pull 2x10x60 [New weight]
    Leg Press 2x10x160 [New weight]
    Seated Cable Row 2x10x50 [New Weight]
    Standing Calf Press 3x10x140 [New Weight]
    Hip Abductor 2x10x50 [New Circuit]
    Hip Adductor 2x10x60 [New Circuit]
    Gravitron Assisted Chin-Up 1x3x50 [New Circuit]
    Gravitron Assisted Dip 1x5x50 [New Circuit]
    Overhead Press, Machine, Seated 2x10x35 [New Circuit]

Now THAT felt great. I'm determined to get ripped no matter what it takes. Dance Thursday and Friday nights and then another work out probably Saturday or Sunday depending on how things go! I'm no longer trying to beat myself up, but just trying to work smarter and harder. I'm getting plenty of cardio from dance all week. I'm using gym time to build and maintain the muscles I worked so hard to condition through the winter months. I think it's working!!
    Rockin' it as usual! Good job!
  • ninerbuff
    Nice workouts, dream and spartacus!

Tuesday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups: 3x10 Diamond pushups: 3x10
    Hammer curls: 3x8x20lb
    Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.
    Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 4x20 abdominal raises, 1x70sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.
    Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x5x15lb front lateral raise.

Food: On target.
    The arms must be on fire!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Just one client and TKO tonight! Staying within good caloric deficit and working on cardio today is my focus.

Cardio:Arc climber- level 35 30 min (320 calories)

Strength:back- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Ate good yesterday and focused.
  • brandiuntz
    Wednesday: Strength Training

Lower Body:

Squats: 3x10x40lb.
    Squats - Frog: 3x10.
    Squats with calf raises: 3x10x40lb (new weight).
    Forward lunges: 3x10.
    Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.
    Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.
    One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.
    Calf raises: 3x10x40lb.
    One-legged squat: 3x10.

Cardio: 10 minute light jog.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Wednesday: Strength Training

Lower Body:

Squats: 3x10x40lb.
    Squats - Frog: 3x10.
    Squats with calf raises: 3x10x40lb (new weight).
    Forward lunges: 3x10.
    Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.
    Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.
    One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.
    Calf raises: 3x10x40lb.
    One-legged squat: 3x10.

Cardio: 10 minute light jog.

Food: on target.
    The leg killer! Great job!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning and just the Volleyball girls tonight. That gives me time in between to do some personal work on myself.

Cardio:Arc Trainer- level 35 30 min (350 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I snacked a lot yesterday, but it was good snacks. Down a pound.
  • spartacus69
    Yesterday: off (Wed. is early meeting day at work, and band at night)

Today: DBB Day! - Deads, Back & Biceps

2x10 inverted rows (bodyweight)

Barbell Deadlifts:
    Warmup sets (no deloading): 15x95, 12x135, 10x165
    Working sets (with deloading) 190 lbs at 8x, 6x, 5x

After each set of deadlifts I did a set of either pullups or chinups (with assistance band), six sets total, 2x15, 2x12, 2x10

Barbell rows, 10x and 8x 135
    1-arm dumbbell rows, 15x 45s

3 sets 10x ez-bar bicep curls, 65 lbs (failed at 9th rep on set 3)

2 sets 8x suppinated dumbbell curls, 30 lbs
    1 set 6x regular dumbbell curls, 30 lbs

Food: good during the day yesterday, but bad last night (my wife made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies - I didn't want to be rude and not eat them!)

Other: feeling MUCH better with this split strength training routine.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Salsa dance night! Burned 1,186 calories. I DO so love getting these mega-burns from something I just love to do naturally. It makes me feel so amazing and accomplished. Plus it helps with my overall goals, definitely. If I could dance like that every single night there wouldn't be much of me left! Dance training is going well. Still a lot of ups and downs with pain and soreness, but I'm certain my body will adjust. I've had a super rough emotional week but also one of the most incredible weeks of my life to date. I don't know how you go from the deepest of lows to the highest of highs ... but finding someone who's willing to make you feel amazing being you makes a big difference. I guess I didn't truly know what it meant to MATTER to somebody in the way I've been missing in my life. Even five minutes helped heal some of the brokenness from the grief of losing a dear friend not 4 days ago. To make it safe to feel again is everything. I know this isn't much of an exercise post, but I think sometimes it's important to exercise our spiritual selves as well. :)
  • spartacus69
    Great post Dream!