2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    3/7 today with 40 minutes on my treadmill--30 minutes running, plus 10 minutes warm up and cool down walk. It felt great and I'm hopeful that in the coming weeks I can increase my distance and improve my speed!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!! :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    3/7 4 miles with leslie! A man on our team had a stroke last night. He complained of a headache. So Sad

Oh Debra poor thing! I hope your allergies get better. Enjoy the hustle and bustle with your grandchildren. I know with my 2 yr old niece if you follow her around all day you will definitely burn calories. It is raining today so maybe some of the pollen will wash away.

Heather you are doing awesome!!!

Thinktank Congrats on the wedding. We know you will be beautiful and healthy!!

Hope you guys have a great day and healthy day!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    You are ALL doing AWESOME!!! BE PROUD!!!

Yesterday was a super busy day but i got in a 3 mile speed walk. 3/7
    Today my Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution series arrived and I did workout 1 AND cardio one! I'm good for 4/7!
  • Yesterday, 4/7 with another run with the running group. I managed over 3 miles because I forgot my inserts, so my feet started to hurt. I had to walk the remainder to make 5 miles.
  • ivykivy
    4/7 4 miles outside and on treadmill. Will do one more later
  • Hello everyone,
    Hope everyone had a Terrific Thursday. 5/7 with LS 2 mile walk and JM Buns and thighs.
  • vhuber
    5/7 with phase 1 workout 2 of the JMBR program along with 3 miles on the TM and 8 miles on my bike!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Happy Friday everyone! Yikes--week 3 of my maternity leave has come to a close!! :sad:

I took a much needed rest day yesterday. Today I'm 4/7 with 40 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minute run at 5.4 mph plus 10 minutes warm up and cool down walk, burned 438 calories! The decent calorie burn is good because my husband and I are going out for our 10th wedding anniversary tonight. My parents totally rock--they offered to come for the weekend so that he and I could go out tonight! Of course their motive was likely so that they could see their grandkids since they haven't seen them in a week and a half!! :wink:
  • vhuber
    3 weeks ALREADY Heather??? Wow life FLIES by!!! Have a nice date night with the hubby!!! Thanks Mom and Dad!!:wink:

My 6/7 was only a mile on the elliptical along with full body pushups and feet elevated tricep dips!! I am shot tonite and that is all I want to put out!
  • 3 weeks ALREADY Heather??? Wow life FLIES by!!! Have a nice date night with the hubby!!! Thanks Mom and Dad!!:wink:

My 6/7 was only a mile on the elliptical along with full body pushups and feet elevated tricep dips!! I am shot tonite and that is all I want to put out!

Hey it is better than zero.

6/7 with chalean extreme.
  • ivykivy
    5/7 2 miles with leslie
  • wanna_be_fit
    5/7 today with 30 min on the treadmill--2 mile run (22 min) at 5.4mph plus warm up and cool down walk. Happy Saturday all!!!
  • 5/7 today with 30 min on the treadmill--2 mile run (22 min) at 5.4mph plus warm up and cool down walk. Happy Saturday all!!!

Way to go.

I am 7/7 today with a 4 mile run. My speed will not be mentioned lol. One day I will be faster. One day lol
  • vhuber
    I brought it today and earned my 7/7 with Jillian Body REV phase one workouts 1 & 2! It is an awesome workout!
  • wanna_be_fit
    You ladies are bringing it--great job!!! I'm 1/7 today with 40 minutes on my elliptical. I hadn't been on the elliptical since before Blake was born, and I was amazed at how much easier it was and how much more I needed to increase the intensity to get my heart rate up now that I'm toting a watermelon around in my belly!!! :wink:

I talked to one of my girlfriends yesterday and we're planning a girl's weekend for March 2013, and rather than doing a typical shopping/eating weekend we're planning to go to FL and run a half marathon. My friend, who used to be about 50 pounds overweight, has run several halfs and is currently training for a full marathon, so I figure if she can do it I can do it. I'm excited to have a goal to work towards, and will plan to do several shorter races this summer/fall. And thinktank, I feel you on the speed. My goal is to get to the point where I can run at least 4 miles at 5.5mph and then I will try to get my speed back up to at least 6mph. I have a goal to run a 5K in 30 minutes or less by this fall, so I need to get working!!

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you're all having a great start to your week!
  • I am 1/7 today with ChaLean Exteme and 3 miles elliptical. I worked out this morning and had a little left for this evening. I am hoping to get a few more of these pounds off before I get my dress altered. Hopefully some miracle happens and it just melts away. LOL. But seriously I am working hard and I can see the inches coming off but we all know that dreaded scale. Even though we know that number doesnt tell the whole story, you still wish that it would move in the right direction.

Here's to a great week for everyone!!!
  • vhuber
    You ladies are bringing it--great job!!! I'm 1/7 today with 40 minutes on my elliptical. I hadn't been on the elliptical since before Blake was born, and I was amazed at how much easier it was and how much more I needed to increase the intensity to get my heart rate up now that I'm toting a watermelon around in my belly!!! :wink:

I talked to one of my girlfriends yesterday and we're planning a girl's weekend for March 2013, and rather than doing a typical shopping/eating weekend we're planning to go to FL and run a half marathon. My friend, who used to be about 50 pounds overweight, has run several halfs and is currently training for a full marathon, so I figure if she can do it I can do it. I'm excited to have a goal to work towards, and will plan to do several shorter races this summer/fall. And thinktank, I feel you on the speed. My goal is to get to the point where I can run at least 4 miles at 5.5mph and then I will try to get my speed back up to at least 6mph. I have a goal to run a 5K in 30 minutes or less by this fall, so I need to get working!!

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you're all having a great start to your week!
    Wow Heather that sounds like an AWESOME goal!!! Good job at bouncing back at your fitness, you are doing great!!! How was the night out and how were the sitter's?:wink:
  • vhuber
    My 1/7 was a 3 mile walk with my furry babies! It was a really nice day!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    you guys are just simply rockin it! We were gone for the weekend and I was planning and packing the couple days before...I did get fitness in everyday last week,(5 days) pulled out a mp3 of a podcast elliptical workout on Friday, that had my heart racing and I could really feel it in my legs still today... an interval workout!

Heather you are doing awesome.. I so admire your dedication..and what a fun goal! Love it....

Thinktank...good luck n that fitting and I soooooo understand the scale part.. you are doing fantastic Keep it up, it really motivates me too!
    Verda!!! Glad you got some nice weather... I froze my tush off this weekend... the wind was absolutely the worst! Sitting in the stands all day, my face is wind burned bigtime...and I had most of it covered. I am so tired today, I just can't get moving... cleaned up the house and put everything back where it belongs...washed up and put away coolers for a couple of weeks.
    Opening day ceremonies at the ball park this weekend...so I better get my list going. Yuck for Mondays!
    Have a great week everyone... I have found I need to go hard everyday during the week, because on the weekends, it just isn't happening!
  • ivykivy
    1/7 with 4. 25 mile walk

Debra great job getting in the fitness. It was cold and windy here too!
    Thinktank you are beautiful and will be extraordinarily so on your big day!!!
    Heather, you rock!! Running after having a baby is just amazing to me. You'll be at your desired marathon speed in no time.
    Verda, Hope you had another great day today!!

Good evening everyone!