Topic: Topic: T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM - Week 30

13»

Replies

• Button-say something kind to yourself today. I'm with you on the great out doors. I was debating weather to invest in some rain gear for my bike or succumb to spin class for the winter. I do so love to be outside. It is a lot of work to keep the chains clean in the winter. But that is my hubby's job;)

Oh Prayerfulmom you brought me to tears and I am at work... Hope the boss takes an extra long lunch. Trust me hon, I am trying really trying hard. Thanks for your kind words and caring. I know better myself that I should be kind to myself and I currently reading a book that talks of the same. I am doing a lot of growing right now, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and trying to downsize the growing physically and wondering if I am just burning myself out. Have some more vacation coming up this week and staying at home except for 3 days. So going to do some puttering in my gardens and doing clean up in the house before winter arrives...maybe that will help, just the accomplishment of getting things done that are on my mind. One of my goals that week is to walk everyday. I love walking as it gives me time away from everything. Oh and I might slip in some genealogy too.

Regarding Farmtown..you can ask the gang..not on there much since my vacation in August. Just can't get into it as much.

Well that is it...enough rambling on about nothing...

Hugs

Button
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Afternoon Team,

I just wanted to say hi and ty very much for noticing the differance..

I have been going through some triles and tibulations in my life right now dont even know where to begin!!!

my 19 yr old son thinks he can do what he wants while he lives in my house!!! I DONT THINK SO!!!

My husbands Ex-GF found his number through a friend i guess... well now she says the daughter she had 11 or 12 yrs ago may be my husbands she isnt sure.... WTF after alll this freakin time... then my husband was talking to friends about this and I then found out and lost it cuz he couldnt talk to me... I told him It wouldnt bother me if it was his daughter my prob was that he wasnt talking to me about what he wanted to do...well after a few days of not eating or sleeping all day he desided he better talk to me.... everything is good with us we are going ahead and getting the DNA done to make sure so we can move on either direction....

My oldest son and his girlfriend and my grandson hadnt came over in a long time but they came over last night and spent the nite with us and is here again tonite... i am soo excited my grandson is getting so big he 10 months now and is walking every where....

anyway enough about me take care everyone again ty for the great motivation to keep going....
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    that reminds me, I forgot to say to both swignal and debbie - WOW! you guys look so awesome in your pics! can't wait to see the next one a few months down the road!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Thank you adopt for taking so much time to talk to me on here. I think I was going through some PMS last night. I do that once in awhile. I realized this morning that I had been pretty blunt with a co-worker yesterday ( I spoke the truth, but I don't usually say anything) and then come home and end up sitting here in front of the laptop crying like an idiot. It had to be more emotional PMSing than being depressed. You are probably right though that worrying about what could happen isn't productive. It's just hard not to think about it after knowing how my winter went last year. Thanks for saying you'd help me go over the questionaire. I read through it a little and it just doen't feel like it applies to me much. I just want to sit down and write a letter to the doctor and tell him what has been going on for 4 yrs and just give that to him. It would be so much easier than to answer all the questions he has and thinking about is this severe ,moderate or low pain for every activity. I just ate filling out stuff. I still haven't filled out my son's emergency card for school LOL.

I really need to get back to logging my food. I wish I knew what I could do to get my butt in gear with that. I guess I'll go now and try to log what I've had today.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the pictures. I can REALLY see the difference in Sheila. My difference i just a little but I can see it in my face. My son blew up the pictures a little and juts made it of my face and put them side by side for me and I can really see it that way. I can't wait to see it again in another 25lbs.
  • Thank you adopt for taking so much time to talk to me on here. I think I was going through some PMS last night. I do that once in awhile. I realized this morning that I had been pretty blunt with a co-worker yesterday ( I spoke the truth, but I don't usually say anything) and then come home and end up sitting here in front of the laptop crying like an idiot. It had to be more emotional PMSing than being depressed. You are probably right though that worrying about what could happen isn't productive. It's just hard not to think about it after knowing how my winter went last year. Thanks for saying you'd help me go over the questionaire. I read through it a little and it just doen't feel like it applies to me much. I just want to sit down and write a letter to the doctor and tell him what has been going on for 4 yrs and just give that to him. It would be so much easier than to answer all the questions he has and thinking about is this severe ,moderate or low pain for every activity. I just ate filling out stuff. I still haven't filled out my son's emergency card for school LOL.

I really need to get back to logging my food. I wish I knew what I could do to get my butt in gear with that. I guess I'll go now and try to log what I've had today.

Now I see why you don't like to log your food. Your a rebel:tongue:
  • just stoping in I wanted to share a few before and now pic of me and some of deb cuz she dont know how to get the pic on here!!! so i will show you her first...

this is crazybee in March

this is crazybee now

this was me Easter of 2008

This is me as of May 2009

Great job both of you. I see the difference in both of you.

Sheila, sorry about the chaos. I hope the doors of communitcation open up.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    I love this group! What a diverse and varied group of women we are! And sharing our separate stories, our personal hurdles, our emotional baggage, our various victories - Together, Trying Hard Everyday, we are learning so much about ourselves and how all those things we are sharing affect our health and our eating and our willingness or desire to exercise. We ARE becoming healthier - first just by learning to recognize and share our challenges, and second by sharing ways we each find to overcome those challenges. We really on our ways to becoming our very best selves!:drinker:

Crazybee- Listen to Adopt4, her advice is spot-on and valuable. You can totally do this - fill out the paper work a little at a time, lay in the floor and do stretching and moderate floor exercise that gives small resistance, love yourself and do not let the FM define you. It is an obstacle you have to work around but is does not have to dictate your life:heart::flowerforyou:

Sheila - I completely understand the anger over your dh talking to others instead of you :( I'm sorry. And I definately understand about your 19 yo needing to mind the rules of the house. It's all about respect. Period. Be strong ~ and be gentle:heart::flowerforyou:

Adopt4 ~ You are such a thoughtful, caring, smart, and interesting person. I am just glad to be here with you and I thank you for your words and your commitment to the team. You are awesome ~ And, I went to the store and bought the 100 cal. dark chocolate Hershey bars for emergencies! lol. And I know, right? It is really good that I've been there over a month and just now had a stressful day! What am I whining about??? Today was all better. I can't wait for your boys to be all settled in school so you can get some "you" time. I remember how precious that is:heart::flowerforyou:

Prayerful ~ I will be praying for you that your procedure goes well and gives you good results! I will miss you if you are away a few days, but know it is for good reason - take care and allow yourself to heal. Mighty blessing for you my friend:heart::flowerforyou:

Buttonnose - Thanks so much for the kind words and your encouragement. I got the low cal chocolates (even though chocolates were never my "go-to" sweet, that's were I went yesterday) - so now I am armed and ready!! And yes, we all do want the best for you - just keep coming everyday, even when you're not really in the mood - it will kick in again and when it does, you will be so glad you keep coming! You are a great member of the team!:heart::flowerforyou:

Lorann ~ 20 minutes of exercise is better than nothing! You are doing sooooo great! Keep it up - the vacay is just part of life - we are all going to have those occassions when we splurge - You are looking mighty fine woman! You are doing a lot right!!:heart::flowerforyou:

Okay, today was a good workday. A good food day, a good water day, a not so good exercise day. So overall, yeah, a good day.

later gaters:heart:
  • Just a note to let you know I was here. :flowerforyou: to lulu, adopt4, li4g and prayerfulmom. You ladies have stuck with the group and I appreciate your advice and leadership. Way to go.

I am not posting daily because I've not been tracking food - just maintaining and kind of enjoyed the break from the computer for a while. I will be posting more often now that Sept. is here.

Went for a "run" Monday and today. Felt good to be back at it. But finding it hard to start logging food again. All these holidays! Tomorrow's food is alread logged. Another step to healthy living!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Evening everyone!

Im so sorry I havent been here to post much these days, but as lulu pointed out.. my life seems to be in overdrive at the moment and its hard to find the motivation to do much of anything for myself these days.

SOOOOO.. That is about to change for the better. I talked with hubby yesterday and we both agreed that I need to quit my job and look for something else that is a.) better pay b.) better hours and c.) less stress on me physically. As ya'll know I got this job a month ago and literally, my body has just been whiped out after I finish a shift there. I havent been to the gym or on a good walk since I started. I spend my off days feeling like I need to recover and even tho I had 3 days off this past weekend, I worked 1 day and feel like I worked 6 in a row!

Anyway... I put my notice in today. I was going to work just through the end of the week, but my manager BEGGED me to give her 2 weeks notice so I made a deal with her. I told her if I could have my weekends and NOT work the closing shift I would stay, otherwise.. count me out... hehe.. I also told her I needed a minimum of 20 hours to make it worth my while. They have been cutting back hours and this week I only got 16 total, which is ridiculous since I can make more money babysitting at home in less time than I make there.. LOL.. kinda a no-brainer there!

SO, Im looking forward to getting my body back to feeling normal again. Now that we have health insurance thru hubbys work, Im gonna be working with my doctor more to see what the heck is making me so tired all the time. Im pretty sure its allergies, but it cant hurt to get things checked out. Its been years since Ive been to the doctor for anything not related to my back or female issues, so I am due for a check up! :0)

I just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. I'm gonna hit the hay but will get caught up on posting tomorrow since I have the day off and only personal errands to complete.

tata for now!
    :wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Just wanted to mention to all of you who responded about my ex....

Yeah....I told ya'll he was a piecer crap a while ago.. LOL

On the funny note... his girlfriend that he was seeing for 3 months or so and was also the other driving helper for P2C...hasnt spoke to him since that night. HAHA! He even had the nerve to ask my daughter to "text her" and see if she responds.. my daughter told him to leave her out of his lovers quarrels from now on! ROFL!! I am so dang proud of her! Also proud of the now ex-girlfriend since she obviously has some common sense and saw what he is capable of.

:laugh: :laugh:

all I have to say is..... Karma baby... Karma! :wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Just a note to let you know I was here. :flowerforyou: to lulu, adopt4, li4g and prayerfulmom. You ladies have stuck with the group and I appreciate your advice and leadership. Way to go.

I am not posting daily because I've not been tracking food - just maintaining and kind of enjoyed the break from the computer for a while. I will be posting more often now that Sept. is here.

Went for a "run" Monday and today. Felt good to be back at it. But finding it hard to start logging food again. All these holidays! Tomorrow's food is alread logged. Another step to healthy living!

Healthymom- I dont deserve these kudo's!! :wink: :laugh: I have been just as guilty about not posting daily and for the same reason as you. I havent been tracking food for over 2 months now. Havent really been trying to "lose" right now because I started to plateau 2 months ago and figured I would give myself some time to maintain for a while. Then I got the job, lost a couple pounds and just feel too exhausted to even want to think about exercising and my meal times are all screwed up. SO..Im looking just as forward as you at getting back on the wagon!!

Foodwise, Id say Im doing pretty good. Been eating healthy stuff for sure, alot of home made meals!! If anything I am under on calories everyday, which is not good... but I really just dont know what Im burning at work and I aint about the wear my HRM to work for 6 hours.. LOL I havent gained, havent lost...so I aint complaining for now. :laugh: We'll see how my body responds in a couple weeks when I start re-torturing it at the gym with the elliptical, wogging and pool :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning Team :flowerforyou:

LI4G - Good for you ... you have to do whats right for you and that's whats your doing... good job :flowerforyou:

lulu - thank you for the encouragement and thank you for the compliment :flowerforyou: it's just so weird, everyone is always saying how good I look but I still don't see it.... is it like this for everyone?

So yesterday was a great day... ate well, logged everything and drank all my water... I walked for 20 minutes in the morning and then last night I went for a 30 minute walk with my daughter... the hills are a killer but we did it... Both hubby and daughter are more into the eating healthy and walking... I'm so proud of them and hope they keep it up.

Yesterday my co-worker came by my office (the one that organized the Biggest Loser Contest) she came by to take another picture of me and asked if she could use the pictures to help promote the next Biggest Loser contest that is starting in a week and a half. I'm going join that one as well, even my daughter and hubby are going to join :smile: so I may have some tough competition for this next one :laugh:

Work has been extremely stressful lately and yesterday I was so close to quitting... but omg I've been there for 10 yrs now and put so much into this job... I really don't want to leave it, but if things continue the way they have been I may not have a choice.

Well I guess I better go get ready for another stressful day, you all have a great day and I'll be back later!!
  • adopt4
    Morning, all. Today child 2 goes to school for a few hours, so I'll have two gone. Woot! If you had told me a year ago (it's been just a year that we've had 3 - Sept 12) that I'd be dying for them to go to school for a bit each day, I'd have thought you were nuts, why go thru all that to adopt those two just to want them to go to school?? But I had no idea what 3 boys would be like, since my first was so quiet (not anymore!) But I do love 'em, dearly, but with them and then hubby having the tv up so loud (so he can hear over the boys) my poor ear just can't take the noise! LOL (I say ear becuz I'm deaf in one ear - that tells yu how loud my house is if even being half deaf it's still too loud!!!)

They are so excited, it's so cute. I can't wait to see them blossom and grow the way my first son did when he started early intervention. And the youngest has his early intervention teacher now, so I KNOW he'll do great this year becuz she's such an awesome teacher!

The kids are standing by the door with their backpacks on - we have 30 mins till we leave. LOL! Too bad I can't get them going on days when I need them to like that! ha! Oh and how many years till you have to drag their butts to school??? A few?? LOL

This group is great, I agree. I appreciate everyone letting me vent and share my day, I know it's probably super boring for ya'll to read, but it gives me an outlet and keeps me sane. :wink:

I woke up with a new motivation, a new committment, to get to the gym. Going to set up my trainer appts to do it 2x/wk (since i pay for it weekly but missed over a month and had 6 free ones before that) and will just do cardio on the other days, but I see some spots - particularly my upper arms - that are saggy. The fat is definitely less, and I have the sagging skin that i want to tighten and tone. Havne't really worked on my arms that much during all of this, but don't want old lady bat wings when I'm done, so i need to start working on them now. I would hate to do this the slow way just to end up having plastic surgery anyway! (Have you seen those gastric bypass shows? gross) I figured out I can do Mon/Thurs gym workouts with all 3 children in school. That would be awesome!! Then I can do my own thing other times (those would be trainer days) and do cardio, whether it be evening, morning, or after hubby gets home from work. I can take one child (I'm going to cancel the other 2 kids' club memberships) so I can go anytime with the K-er who's only going to school 2 days a week. I know doing more training vs. cardio I won't be on the fast track to lose weight, but I think it's time, since I haven't really been focused on building muscle. And after a month or two of that, I'll go to 1 day/wk and then really do cardio focused for a few months to get that weight off. I've noticed that I don't really lose weight when I train, but i lose lots of inches.

I did find a new free workout group in town, they do stuff on Thurs nights. I want to go just to check it out. Tonight they are doing PX90. I talked to the leader and said, I'm not in shape, I'm way overweight, would i be able to fit in to the class? He said it's a "do what you can the best you can" and it doesn't matter if you can't do it all or not. So I'll try it out. Someday I have to cancel my gym membership so I want to find other outlets to do major cardio. Plus I might meet some workout buddies who go to my gym, too, and since they do different kinds of workouts every week, I can learn different things and maybe buy one of those programs later if I like the workout.

I'm rambling, a lot of nervous energy here! I did good on cals yesterday, and drank all my water. Sodium too high, but oh well. I made turkey chili and have a hard time (when things aren't listed in sparkpeople) figuring out calories, but I hope I did it right. I made a huge pot of chili, a whole 5 qt crockpot full, and I don't know how many cups there are in that, or how many servings, so I took the total cups # of stuff and added it together, and divided it by what i thought a serving size should be... so I think I'm fairly close. My family loves my chili, which is cool, because I"m not a cook! LOL And I made Krusteaz Honey Cornbread which even my picky son LOVED. Best cornbread boxed I've ever had (better than Marie Callendars boxed). Not too bad on cals if you watch portion size...

I'll shut up now!! LOL
  • Hi Everyone.
    Adopt4 - you sound so much like my daughter this morning as she took my grandson to school today. He is now in Sr Kindergarten and when he seen his friend from last year...he didn't even let her give him a kiss....he was gone with his hand waving goodbye to her over his shoulder. Kids that age are so cute when they are first in school. Unfortunately for some kids as the grow and they get into older grades..their attitudes change. Let's hope that your kids and my grandkids keep a good attitude about school.

Lorann - good to hear you and your family are doing so well with this getting healthy thing. I think you can win the next "Biggest Loser Contest" at your work again - hands down. You have the right attitude and motivation to do it. I am having a hard time getting my hubby to participate with me. I know my daughter would but unfortunately our schedules to work out. My other daughter she is all over the place with her schedule too as she is a 911 dispatcher and works all kinds of hours. That leaves my son and he lives to far away to join me..besides he is my son - he would say "MOM - I love you, but thanks but no thanks". LOL Last thing he needs to do is lose weight.
    Hopefully your work day went better today. Don't let those stressful times and days at work discourage you. We all have them...it will pass. Not sure of your type of work or the kind of stress you have there, but you have been there too long to just throw in the towel. Think hard before doing that.

Well now my update - visited the doctor this morning. Seen him about 3 things - 1) I have a sore that is infected so now on antibiotics. 2) I have been bitten by some insect 3 times on my feet the past two weeks and my feet swell up and itch something awful. He doesn't know what it is, so he says just take Benedryl and push through it. DUH...so helpful 3) My bloodwork is good and the Xray showed no cyst. But it did show that I am getting osterporsis in my right hip. Which is why it feels like it is dislocated and hurts more after exercising. So time to get smart here...take those calcium tablets and exercise even more...and he suggested physio - so will contact my pyhsiotherapist next week and see what he says. He is really good and cute to look at too. LOL
    My doctor still unsure why I am tossing my cookies - going to wait for results of the ultrasounds he says then send me possibly for a endoscopy. He truly feels there is no female problems going on here. Even says according to blood work haven't even reached menopause yet. My bloodwork shows white blood cell count good ..so....just go through the test and deal with it.

So think after this weekend trip with hubby - going to just push myself to get on track again and stick with it.

Button
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Hey peeps!

Healthymom - You have stuck with the group too and I appreciate YOU being here!

LI4G - Good for you for knowing what you need to do and doing it! Good to see you!

To the resta youse - :bigsmile: Howdy!

Weigh in tomorrow! Yippppeeeee. :huh: See ya then!
  • adopt4
    FATE IS AGAINST ME!!!! When I got to the car from Costco, there was a big container of macadamia nut turtles that I hadn't put in the cart, nor was it on my receipt. Not sure if my 3 yr old nabbed it from a nearby cart as we were leaving (not likely, but possible) or if the checker put the next guys' stuff in my cart (more likely) and the door reciept checker just missed it. Anyway.. well... those are really, really good... can't stop eating them, not out of emotional need but just from the flavor! hubby & i ate half the container nearly already... those are going to his work tomorrow and out of the house! he ate one and was like, OMG, this is sooooo good... so of course i had to try one then... and wow... then we couldn't stop...

so much for a happy weigh in tomorrow. :cry: well at least I can blame TOM and work it off tomorrow!
  • So back on track this week. My weigth loss will look like a good bit but its not exactly true. Last week I forgot to weight in until after work middle/ end of the day when I weight the heaviest. So I was not really reporting my ture weight. Any hwo I did loose my lbs this week and that's all I really care about. I'll bew gone for the holiday weekend. My very best frined lives in GA and I'm flying to see her for her 30th birthday. I'll turn 30 in Jan so its a special year for us both. Good lick with the weight in.

SO:

SW198, GW135 CW 171= 3 lbs loss