Folks who are happily married...

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    And I just have to add in that in all the 16 yrs. we've been married...if he has to pass gas, he goes to the bathroom. He won't do that in front of me. His Dad taught him manners that I am very thankful for ;)

SERIOUSLY! It's not that hard! His mom has really grossed me out on a couple of occasions too. :embarassed:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member

I don't know what to do when he cries! Which happens often!

Sounds like he is too high maintenance.

When you dump him, make sure you hand him a box of Kleenex. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • songbyrdsweet

I don't know what to do when he cries! Which happens often!

Sounds like he is too high maintenance.

When you dump him, make sure you hand him a box of Kleenex. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

This made me chuckle. I AM A BAD PERSON. :embarassed:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Clearly you are full of doubt but you're trying to get everyone to confirm what you already know. Which is you shouldn't marry him. So I think you should go ahead and just marry him tomorrow so you can hurry up and get the divorce out of the way.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Clearly you are full of doubt but you're trying to get everyone to confirm what you already know. Which is you shouldn't marry him. So I think you should go ahead and just marry him tomorrow so you can hurry up and get the divorce out of the way.

:laugh:

Thanks for the smile!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Me and my husband were together 9 months when we got married,been married for 5 years now. I have never ever had one doubt. Every year I feel like I love him more than the last (sounds corny i know)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    7.5 months and he cries. Sweetheart, *holds out tequila* drop that hot mess right now.

Come on, let's go do body shots now that you're single.
  • songbyrdsweet
    7.5 months and he cries. Sweetheart, *holds out tequila* drop that hot mess right now.

Come on, let's go do body shots now that you're single.

:laugh: That will be happening very soon! My roommate (he's a guy, 32, happily single) says I'll be great at being single because I now know how to do it right, plus I'm an attractive female. :drinker:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Trust you instincts. RUN!! FAST!

I think the worst part is that he's so sweet to me all the time. There's really no reason why I shouldn't want to marry him, and I thought I wanted to in the beginning, but then he became totally dependent on me. He's so focused on being with someone I feel bad for him. He's afraid of being alone but I'm not, and he knows it, and it upsets him. He's very romantic and I'm more realistic. He thinks I need to seek therapy because I'm uncomfortable around him when he cries and I don't want to think about marriage now.

• I love to hang out with him and we laugh together a lot. But I would rather be his friend than sign up to be his wife in 2 months.

I think you have your answe right there hun ^^^

I kind of tend to agree. :frown:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Yeah he sounds kinda crazy...
    Sounds like he's a great guy but maybe not for you. From what you are saying I don't feel there is a "spark" that you need to stay together.
    Tomorrow is my 2 yr anniversary and we were together 6 years before we got married.
    We had our ups and downs of course but ultimately we wanted to be with me as much as I did him and we did what it took to make it happen.
    Things did change after marriage but for the better he has really stepped up and takes the husband title seriously which in turn makes me step my game up even more.
  • songbyrdsweet
    He definitely is a great person. He's very caring, loving, kind and supportive. But I don't do well with emotional manipulation. I remember that one time he got jealous of my dog because I was being nicer to her than to him. :/ My dad asked what will happen if we have a newborn and I put all of my attention on it...
  • _Emu_
    _Emu_ Posts: 45 Member

I love to hang out with him and we laugh together a lot. But I would rather be his friend than sign up to be his wife in 2 months.

I agree,
  • Me and my husband were together 9 months when we got married,been married for 5 years now. I have never ever had one doubt. Every year I feel like I love him more than the last (sounds corny i know)

That's so sweet :smile:

I moved in with my now-husband after just under 4 months and we married after 8 months - we'll have been married 2 years this summer. I was almost 30 when I met him and I think being that little bit older and wiser meant I could be absolutely certain about how I felt and that I was doing the right thing.

He's still the best person I've ever met.
  • Brea_81
    Brea_81 Posts: 36 Member
    My husband and I were together just short of 4 years when we got married. Would've gotten married sooner, but we were in 10th grade when we started dating, so we were only 19 and 20 when we got married, lol. We started talking about marriage a month after we started dating, but part of me knew before our first date (we were really close friends for about 6 months). I don't think our relationship changed because we got married, but all relationships change with time, as the people in them grow and change. We didn't live together before marriage, so that was a bit of an adjustment, but not too bad at all. My husband's my best friend and I love him with all my heart. We've been together 15 years total (married 11), and I wouldn't change a thing. :)

However, based on what you've said about your guy, I don't think getting married at this point would be a good idea. :( Sorry. :(
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member

I love to hang out with him and we laugh together a lot. But I would rather be his friend than sign up to be his wife in 2 months.

I agree...reading your comments you gave a lot of reasons why you shouldn't marry him...
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 528 Member
    We were together 6 years by the time we were married. Been together since highschool. I feel like our relationship has changed for the better. We have been married almost a year and I feel so much closer to him. It's reassuring to know he is in it for the long haul and isn't going anywhere soon:)
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    And some background:

He tells me how he's such a great guy and he's a catch and there won't be another guy like him around...and he's probably right.

Right, comments like that are a red flag to me, give it some more time. Someone who loves you enough to marry you, should realize how great of a catch YOU are, and snatch you up before someone else can love you. Give it some more time, and maybe work on your self-esteem in the relationship. Just again, comments like that are a big red flag to me.

My husband and I were together 2 years before we got married- things didn't change at first (we used to joke that the only difference was that we get to wear nice rings now); but I'd say now (after a whole 7 months of being married) we are even closer than we were before, and are growing more together as a unit. I love being married to him.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    dont do it if u arent ready..if ur not ready and you get married ur relationship will change..slow down you shouldnt feel rushed about it...
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Second marriage for both of us. First date April 29th, moved in with me in July, married in Dec. and pregnant by May. We'll be married 3 years in Dec. We knew from the second date and said "I love you's" that week. Never thought I would be getting married again, let alone so soon but when it's the perfect fit and feels so right you just know. Sure it's changed a little. Throwing a fifth child into the mix has made life a little more crazy but it has also helped to meld the family together a little more as well. He's my best friend and I am his. Our relationship is so easy, sure we have disagreements every so often, but who doesn't?? And...he does a ton of gross stuff but I don't care because I love that man sooooooo much!! I now believe in soulmates and he is mine. Eh...that sounds so corny!!

If there is any doubts in your mind I say don't do it. Been there, done that, it's a lot harder to get out the longer you are in. ESPECIALLY when you have kids together. Speaking from experience here.