it's the small victories that count!

Options
so today a woman from the local girl guides chapter (the canadian version of the girl scouts) came by today with cookies to sell. being a former girl guide, i had to buy a box, and we all gathered round and had some of our cookies. i had 3. for a grand total of 200 calories. now this may not seem like a victory, but for someone who could easily plow through the whole box in one sitting it is a small victory for me.

have any of you had any small victories that you are proud of?

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so today a woman from the local girl guides chapter (the canadian version of the girl scouts) came by today with cookies to sell. being a former girl guide, i had to buy a box, and we all gathered round and had some of our cookies. i had 3. for a grand total of 200 calories. now this may not seem like a victory, but for someone who could easily plow through the whole box in one sitting it is a small victory for me.

have any of you had any small victories that you are proud of?
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.... My husband hid our girl scout cookies... we've been bringing them to social gatherings & giving them as hostess gifts.

The Thin Mint temptation is too overwhelming for me to know where they are :tongue:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    One of the things I do for such things is buy the items but give it either to the group selling or someone else. You’re going to lose the money anyway, not reason to gain the cookies on your belt line. LOL
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I get tempted every moning as I stop for my tim horton's coffee. DO NOT BUY THE TIM BITS YOU WILL EAT THE WHOLE BOX is my mantra lol
  • mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Options
    Last night I had pasta for the first time in awhile, usuallly I would fill my whole plate up with pasta and eat it. This time I measured out 2 cups ( I needed to use up some calories) I couldn't finish it all. To me that was a small victory.
  • FORMYBABY
    FORMYBABY Posts: 17
    Options
    MY HUSBAND ORDER PIZZA THE OTHER NIGHT AND I WASN'T EVEN TEMPTED.:happy:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I miss Timmy's! :sad: Dunkin' duttin' hold a candle to it. :happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is great!! It is truly getting control of the little things that will keep you successful! It is often these "bites" here and there that get us into trouble. But, being accountable and having self-control is HUG!! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My boss bought donuts today. Our salesman brought one over to my office to show (tempt) me and it looked like a pile of something you would find in the yard. eeewwwwww! There are some left sitting on the file cabinets out in the hallway but I'm not touching them. Not even looking at them. :noway:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good job!