Topic: Topic: Topic: T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM - We

If your new, please join us. All are welcome here. We are here to encourage, motivate, and hold each other accountable.
This is a journey about becoming an expert on our own body. No two bodies are the same. Therefore, no ‘diet’ plan works for all. Anyway, this is a lifestyle change not a diet. If we don’t see a loss; let’s not count it as a failure. Let us experiment and discover what works best for our beautifully and wonderfully made bodies. With that being said if someone strikes a challenge to the team and its not beneficial or is harmful to you please don’t feel bad (for example many drink half their weight in water but having a kidney disease excludes me from that challenge). There is no judgement here. No finger pointing. No one else can claim to be an expert on your body but you. It’s a process. We are here to support that process.

Fridays are weigh in days for those participating. Record it like this:
(username) sw208 gw150 cw 172 loss -2 lbs

When you post, copy and paste the list and add your results to the bottom of the list in your post, so that at the end we can see our results as a team - because that's what we are. A team Trying Hard Everyday.

Welcome to T.H.E. Team!

Replies

• CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Crazybee no change :(
  • first please do laugh that I cut and paste and it says topic 3 times. :laugh:

Second: please newbies join us we need some fresh excitement for life style change:smile:

manda-SW198, GW135 CW 171= 3 lbs loss :noway:
    Crazybee no change :(:sad:
    prayerfulmom-no change:sad:

goose egg for me. I have something other than myself to blame it on this week:wink:
    I went in for a simple office procedure. I was drugged by not under. Everything was going fine and I was in the wheelchair ready to go home. Hubby was parking and I fainted. Ugh. Its the 3rd time I've done this in the last 3 years. I've done tons of neurological and cardiac testing to find out I simply faint sometimes when my blood pressure drops. They make me go from the clinic to the er by ambulance. I have to do iv, blood and urine tests. Guess what: same thing I suspected. So thankful for that but I'm going to blame the no loss again this week to the saline solution in my IV. Next week will be a loss. You have my word on it!
  • Well ladies... yet another Friday.... I'll check back in after I weigh.... TOM decided to visit me this morning which is part of why I'm in so much pain..... but I think and I hope I'm wrong but I might have a cyst popping up... it's a different pain from menstrual. But.... yeah I'm in pain.... Took drugs awhile ago and they are finally starting to kick in. I'm hoping for the 10 pound mark today... I've slowed down... I really have... even though I'm doing all this walking I'm not getting my heart rate up..... so yeah I'm gonna have to make a change but I wanted to try to get some weight off first before I really started into the cardio because of my knees.... I haven't had any problems from them in a while so I'm hoping that with all this walking it's helping to strengthen them so that when I start cardio back up again I can do it with out the pain. I know this is going to sound funny but my stretch marks are no longer stretched lol. It's kinda strange lookin lol. Good luck all and I'll check back in later.
  • Might I suggest interval walking. Speed up for 30 seconds to 1 minute then recover. This is a good way to trick your body as well as have a lasting burn.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    darn darn darn, woke up late (son 1 woke me up at 8:45 - his bus comes at 9!! He's usually up at 6 and wakes me up so I dont' set an alarm clock!). Grr I'm up 2 lbs from last mo... I can blame tom or water retention... but i think this one is my eating, those little overages over the past 2 weeks added up. and, i'm realizing how incredibly easy it is to put on weight. geez i hope when i get to my goal weight i don't have to struggle to stay there. that's what's been good about these few months of trying maintenance, i've learned how very hard maintenance is for my body right now. hopefully that will change as my body gets used to being thinner.

i'm dressed for the gym... need to work off those 2 pounds!
    pawprint i hope that dr figures something out soon. sounds like he's not being very aggressive in his testing. i hate that when they are so slow like what you're going thru doesn't matter when you've been in pain a long time now.
    thanks prayerful for starting the topic. I like what you wrote.

manda-SW198, GW135 CW 171= 3 lbs loss
    Crazybee no change
    prayerfulmom-no change
    adopt4 - sw 273/gw165/cw 234 - 2 lb gain
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Hiya Team!! :flowerforyou:

Crazybee no change
    prayerfulmom-no change
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 155 (changed this) / CW 234 = -1 lb

Went to work this morning to go to a staff meeting.... what a waste of time.. of course nothing was accomplished... should have just taken the whole day off instead of just this afternoon. Weigh in day... I don't know if I look forward to this day or if I dread it... it's a bit of both :laugh: So even with my trips out of town and all that restaurant food I was still down a pound this morning... so that's a good thing :smile: the bad thing is I kinda overate at lunch today... but with all the cleaning I have to do today I should be able to work it off... but I'm going for a nap first, then will start to get this house in order... it's been a complete disaster since last week when I was gone.

I might not be on here much as I have company coming for the weekend, you all have a great day and weekend!!
  • Hey! Can I join? This seems like an awesome team, and I need to stay accountable!

Starting Weight - 206lbs
    MFP Starting Weight - 200lbs
    Current Weight - 197lbs
    Goal Weight - 125lbs

Difficulties with weight loss -- PCOS (slow metabolism), motivation to exercise, low income

Crazybee no change
    prayerfulmom-no change
    laughingfox - sw 197 gw 125 cw 197 = just joined! :)
  • manda-SW198, GW135 CW 171= 3 lbs loss
    Crazybee no change
    prayerfulmom-no change
    Buttonnose - sw 200 / gw 140 / cw 193 - 1 lb gain.

First off Laughingfox....welcome. This is a great group. I have been here for about what 6 to 8 weeks now gang...they are so supportive and not just with your weight but in everything in your life. You need a friend or friends...they are here for you. So you have chosen a great group of people to have as your support system.

Pawprint...I have been getting some pretty painful ones too lately. But just to doctor's and after him just telling me in May I had cyst and then in June that they were gone he still says they are gone as per Xray last week. But man the pain...the other day was bent right over - so popping the ibprofen. But still waiting for my pelvic and abdominal ultrasound test...see what comes out of them In the meantime girl...you go get yourself checked out and ensure things are okay.

Prayerful mom.....going to try your advice to Pawprint with the interval walking. I have heard of that before....but had forgotten it...but thanks for reminding me.

Now for me...yep like Lorann I gained. I know it is because I have sort of falling off track. But this is a new week. TOM is over and starting to get my motivation back. Man I wish that thing would just go away...takes me way down...too far down emotionally, mentally and physically. Anyways, it isn't going anywhere for awhile so might as well stop complaining about it.

Well that is it for me....take care all.

Hugs :flowerforyou:

Button
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    I had a hysterectomy 12 yrs ago so I don't ever get to blame TOM:sad: But then again I don't get cramps :love:

Welcome Fox!

Have a good day all
  • manda-SW198, GW135 CW 171= 3 lbs loss
    Crazybee no change
    prayerfulmom-no change
    Pawprint-sw 168, gw 140, cw 158.6 no change

Well....No change... I'm kinda bummed but oh well.... I have until the 8th to drop this last pound dang it and I will. I dropped like 2 oz lol. But I am on TOM so go figure. At least I didn't gain a ton lol. Way to go Mana on your loss. That's awesome. Tsk tsk you gainers lol. Good job on mainlining crazybee and prayerfulmom. Keep up the good work. Welcome Fox, this is an awesome group your gonna love it.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Crazybee no change
    prayerfulmom-no change
    Pawprint-sw 168, gw 140, cw 158.6 no change
    lulubar-sw205, gw145, cw 185 - down, but not enough

Well, last week I felt I had put on a lot of water weight - this week I lost it (except for one pound) sooooo I didn't lose at all really:cry: I'm just bouncing around the 180s and not making any progress. Uggh.

Welcome Laughingfox!!!! Super glad to have you here!
  • Well group out of here for a couple of days again. Hubby and I are on vacation again and taking off for 3 days. Going back up to Manitoulin Island for couple of days. On my way back will be stopping in to visit Cindeebee. I will let her know we are all missing her.

Anyways, will probably go off track for a couple of days as eating at restaurants and stuff and that is my weak spot. But starting Tuesday - back on track for me.

So talk to you all in a couple of days. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Take care,

Button
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning team :flowerforyou:

So how is everyone doing today?
    It's a nice sunny warm day and I get to spend it cleaning house and trying to get caught up on the laundry... the worst thing is this is the nicest the weather has been all summer! I've been doing ok with the eating, exercise and consuming the water... just haven't been logging everything .. I usually do good in the morning and then forget about it the rest of the day :laugh: But I'm still doing good without the logging so I'm not to worried about it :smile:

Welcome laughingfox - you will love it here ... a really great group, very supportive and they all have so many great tips and ideas... you need help with anything just ask... I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you :smile:

Button - have a great vacation!! I hope they figure out what causing all the pain your going through! (oh and btw I didn't gain .. that was a minus 1 lb :laugh: )

lulu - stay strong and be positive - you will get past this bouncing around!! :flowerforyou:

paw - congrats on the no gain with TOM ... that's not an easy task :laugh: and don't worry... you will get there!!

Adopt - I worried about that as well ... the maintaining once I get down... I do not want to gain back anything but I'm hoping that by that time I will be a lot more active so hopefully that will help. So did you get to the gym? I still haven't joined yet... we are trying to get a corporate rate and of course it takes time to do that... I may just go buy some day passes for now until we find out if our organization will support us with the memberships.

crazybee - how have you been doing? Have you been drinking that water and logging that food? I know I haven't been after you for a while so I thought I would check up on ya!! :laugh:

prayerful - great start to this thread ... your so inspirational ... and I love your attitude!! keep it up!! :flowerforyou:

Ok so where is everyone else?? Are you all stuck on those farms at FB?? Get back here and post!! :laugh:

You all have a great weekend ... time to get started here... well at least I should burn a whole lot of calories with all the cleaning I have to do!! :laugh:
  • Hey everyone!

My day has been rough -- emotionally, I am at the end of my rope, so, alternatively all day I have been fighting with the urge to A) overeat to make myself feel better or B) not eat anything, because sadness makes my stomach sick. I haven't done either, so, I guess I must be improving? Does anyone else here struggle with low mood / depression, and how does it affect your weight loss?

On a lighter note, I walked my usual distance -- 3.2 mi -- in a FASTER time than usual! And it is my TOM too! So I am proud of the speed I made, especially when I am feeling pretty awful, physically. Before I started diet/exercise, I couldn't walk up a whole flight of stairs without pitching a tent and resting for the night, LOL, so, going on a whole walk in less than an hour feels pretty good.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and a great weekend.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Button ~ Have a great time! Be safe, hugs to CIndeebee.

Lorann ~ I think the point of logging is to make us aware of exactly what we are eating and the value of calories. Logging is important for our education. I do believe that we should log, but we should also learn, and not have to fully depend on logging to keep us in line - so good for you that you obviously can mind what you eat without actually having to list it every day!

Laughingfox ~ Sorry for your rough day! Hold on tight to the end of that rope!! Good for you for not turning to food - AND for reaching out to share your emotion. I think everyone here has struggled with emotional issues (it's why most of us have weight issues I think) and we are all learning together to deal with our emotions in new ways that don't involve food. Exercising is a GREAT way to deal - so YAAAYYYY for you for walking and for improving your time!!! Another thing is DRINK your water! Keep hydrated - it's so important to every function of your body. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) So glad you are here!

Have a great night everyone!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    That's the way, laughingfox! You've learned to not turn to food... and we almost all struggle with that. You're doing great!

I'm in a weird mood the last little bit, it's really bad today though. I've been cleaning my house like mad, organizing stuff, just finished organizing my closet, went thru my stuffed desk drawers and pulled out important paper work to file in one place, reorganized my bathroom drawers and cabinets... I'm just crazy! I also redid most of the garage (my side). Hubby says I"m turning OCD. I think it's because (1) I've finally had a break for a few hours from the boys this past week, so I have energy to do the stuff I've been wanting to do and (2) in order for my house to be neat everything has to have it's own place, and I"m working on finding everything a place. and (3) the house did need to be cleaned, the laundry room seriously needed to be cleaned, and the garage really needed to be swept, so it's not like I'm cleaning already clean stuff, ya know? I'm not the best housekeeper but our screen door broke so when it's hot and we have the patio door open, we get flies, so I had to keep dishes out of the kitchen, etc. to keep the bugs away. Hubby's never seen me not have dirty dishes somewhere in the kitchen before, LOL. Another reason is dufus boy #2 will take anything off the counters, if it looks like food, he'll eat it (eww), if it is liquid he'll drink it, and pretty much touch everything (although the countertop is off limits). He cut himself with a knife, could have been bad, wasn't deep though, a few weeks ago, so I learned my lesson. Plus when hubby has some scotch sometimes, dufus boy has taken a drink of some leftover the next day.. not good!

So that's been my day, cleaning, organizing, sweeping, trying to get hubby to help (unsuccessfully). Ok on my food, had beans and leftover hot dogs for dinner, forgot the costco hotdogs were so high calorie. Dangit. Anyway, I didn't eat bad on purpose. DId have a Costco muffin for breakfast (600 cals) but I woke up late and skipped lunch, just ate a small snack, so I think I was ok on cals until dinner (have to log dinner to find out if I'm ok for the day). But at least I didn't pig out on anything.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Update on me= no change.. but i aint tryin so I wasnt really expecting anything anyways.. :wink: !

Im jumpin back on the bandwagon ladies! I work the day shift this week and after Friday I will be a free woman again so, Ive decided that tomorrow I am back to tracking my food again and sucking down my water. Ive been drinking alot more water lately anyway. Been feeling especially dehydrated and sluggish for no particular reason at all... so I suck down about 2 liters a day anymore without trying. Ive discovered the colder it is.. the faster I can get it in, but if its warm...:sick:... blech! Gonna see a doctor soon for a general physical. Been a while since Ive had one.

How is everyone else doing on water intake? anyone strugglin with that one right now? I know I go through my times where it seems like I cant get enough and then my times where I dont even want 1 glass and have to make myself drink it.

On other notes... my kitty, charlie was sick (with a fever) and limping (sprined ankle) for about a week, but I took him into the vet on Friday and he is feeling much better. So much so that he is driving me INSANE with his excessive meowing and attention wanting. For him, wanting attention is a very rare occurance.. but he is feeling so good now that he cant get enough of it... either that or he is very greatful and appreciative for me making him better. He follows me everywhere!!!
  • update on me no change in weight but been sick all week - didn't have any energy, stomach hurt and ran a fever til last night about midnight. I am gonna try to get it back in gear this morning with walking but not pushing it hard cause not wanting to overdue. my water is like LI4G - some days goes easy and others is I don't want any. so we will see. hope everyone has a good Sunday and Monday - I work both days so no rest here. TTYL
  • LosingIt4good
    ok.. so today I got off to a good start. We've been out of coffee for 4 days now so Ive pretty much gotten past my morning routine of sucking down as much of it as I can.. LOL

Anyway... I took the kids shopping for school clothes. Ended up at Red Robin for lunch, which I of course could have made a better choice for lunch but decided that the only thing that even sounded good was a burger. So.. I got that. Ate a couple fries.. but didnt eat them all and sucked down about 4 glasses of water also.. LOL

While sitting at lunch I checked my facebook and my mother posted something on my wall that irritated me. Ya'll know how we have these little quizzes? Well.. Someone sent me one about "who were you in a past life" so.. of course.. I do the quiz and post the results to my wall. It said I was Ghandi in a past life... LMAO.. yeah.. ok!!! It was just all in fun and Well, I guess she got pretty irritated that I had posted a tarot thing earlier... then now a past life thing. Suddenly she seems to think I am heathen that doesnt love jesus or believe in god :angry: So.. there is a war on my wall with her now... if anyone would like to put thier 2 cents in.. feel free :laugh: I think adopt4 was thinking about putting something on there to get her goat, but we decided it would just make things worst.. LOL Its stressful for me... we dont get along very well anymore. Just 1 more thing to add to the list of things I do wrong in her eyes....:grumble:
  • LosingIt4good
    yay! I just worked my last night shift! Got out early too since it was slow. I have the next couple days off, then work Wed-Friday during the day shift then Im finished. I caaaaant waiiiiiiiit!!!!!!! :0)

I got my water drank today for sure. About 3 liters worth! Dont know why but I was a thirsty girl today!