Protein, regardless of source, gets emptied from your

stomach at a rate of 30-40 grams an hour. there is no time during the day, where if you eat protein, your body magically has no amino acids running through your blood. That wouldn't have served us very well from an evolutionary standpoint if, just at random our muscles would begin catabolizing because we hadnt eaten for 10 hours.

Replies

• mpizzle421
    mpizzle421 Posts: 80 Member
    Eat every 2.5 hours or get skinny-fatz!

Set your alarm in the middle of teh night 'n eat cottage cheese!

Get teh whey protein enema!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Can you provide a link because that doesn't make any sense at all.

Food (including protein) doesn't go from your stomach into your blood stream. The stomach is primarily for sterilizing and digesting food. Protein is absorbed from you small intestine. Different types of protein from different sources will be absorbed at different rates.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Can you provide a link because that doesn't make any sense at all.

Food (including protein) doesn't go from your stomach into your blood stream. The stomach is primarily for sterilizing and digesting food. Protein is absorbed from you small intestine. Different types of protein from different sources will be absorbed at different rates.

Not to be a ****, but I really don't care if it doesnt make sense to you. Someone here still believes that eating at night is what causes you to get fat because your metabolism just stops. It not making sense to you puts you in the same boat.

http://www.leangains.com/
    plenty of info there. Your body will get every gram of protein it can, regardless of quantity, it will just take longer to digest.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member

This is true.

It's also true that only so much protein can be broken down fast enough to be absorbed while passing through your system. No point in eating 100 grams of protein all at once because it will be passed through your system before you can absorb it all.
  • Testosterone

This is true.

It's also true that only so much protein can be broken down fast enough to be absorbed while passing through your system. No point in eating 100 grams of protein all at once because it will be passed through your system before you can absorb it all.

wrong.
  • Testosterone
    if your statement were true, the 40 oz steak i ate last week wouldve been poop within 5 hours. i didnt poop until the next day, and it was a tiny one.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    if your statement were true, the 40 oz steak i ate last week wouldve been poop within 5 hours. i didnt poop until the next day, and it was a tiny one.

Where can I get a 2.5 lb steak? Other than from the carcass of a cow.
  • Testosterone

Where can I get a 2.5 lb steak? Other than from the carcass of a cow.
    the butcher shop. I marinated it for two days. It was amazing.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member

This is true.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/is-there-a-limit-to-how-much-protein-the-body-can-use-in-a-single-meal/