Am I destined to a life without chips? :(

Replies

• love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Pretzels are always an option, but you can eat the chips, as long as you factor it into your caloric intake. My kids laugh when I count out 7 chips or something, but it helps me! I had kale chips a few weeks ago....:sick:
  • jjhertel
    jjhertel Posts: 5
    I had the exact same problem! Nothing better than having a turkey sandwich with chips and salsa. I found a somewhat appetizing solution, and that is having pea pods with salsa. They are crunchy and a little bit sweat to go with my wife's homemade salsa. The only peapods that I like are the huge bags from Costco, since they are large peapods that are really fresh and last me at least 2 weeks before getting old.

Best of luck in replacing those darn chips! :)
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    the source was newsweek, and lol@ the dairy industry paying for the study when they feed their cows soy pellets.

Yeah, do you get all of your sensationalist media advice from Good Morning America?

JW, do you know how much protein the human body can absorb from any given meal?
    (without google)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    funny, i found several articles in google showing that soy stopped breast cancer treatments from working. im gonna go with doctors recommending women with breast cancer not consume soy over someone who isnt a dr saying "yeah eat that, its great for you!"

You're right. I'm sure BreastCancer.org doesn't have any real medical experts contributing to the most researched form of cancer, as opposed to this one doctor who wrote a letter to the editor.

I wonder if you realize that there is always controversy in the medical community, just because one doctor believes something doesn't make it a fact.
  • secretlobster
    funny, i found several articles in google showing that soy stopped breast cancer treatments from working.

You said that soy caused breast cancer. Show me evidence that soy causes breast cancer, not just inhibits treatment for women who are undergoing breast cancer treatment that makes them extremely susceptible to changes in hormone balance.
  • Testosterone
    funny, i found several articles in google showing that soy stopped breast cancer treatments from working. im gonna go with doctors recommending women with breast cancer not consume soy over someone who isnt a dr saying "yeah eat that, its great for you!"

You're right. I'm sure BreastCancer.org doesn't have any real medical experts contributing to the most researched form of cancer, as opposed to this one doctor who wrote a letter to the editor.

I wonder if you realize that there is always controversy in the medical community, just because one doctor believes something doesn't make it a fact.

so i only need one more doctor and youll yield to me?
  • secretlobster

(without google)

Do you know how far away the sun is from the closest point in the earth's orbit (without google)? JW
  • Testosterone

(without google)

Do you know how far away the sun is from the closest point in the earth's orbit (without google)? JW

irrelevant to fitness. go to myastronomypal.com
  • Aceco30
    Aceco30 Posts: 29
    I like popcorn instead of chips-airpopped is delicious with seasalt. no butter!
    As far as protien for snacks, I like greek yogurt with cut fruit, or a protien bar.
  • secretlobster

irrelevant to fitness. go to myastronomypal.com

It's perfectly relevant. The position of the planets is essential to timing your nutrient intake so the body can efficiently absorb them, I saw it on an episode of Oprah when they had this medical astrologist on the show

TRUE FACTS
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    I love chips, find chips low in calories or buy Baked Chips or Pita chips. And if you love chips so much try to eat only 1/2 sandwich, eat the chips and an apple. I replace my chips with Sugar Snap peas (raw) sometimes also. Good Luck!
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    I used baked Lays, baked Ruffles and Baked Cheetos for lunch here and there. It isn't an everyday thing, but I really enjoy them, so I eat them. I actually had Dirty Chips a while back, but after logging the calories, I decided to only eat half the bag. :laugh: It was good to get those calories back for a later meal! And as a previous post mentioned, popcorn. Nom, nom,nom...

Thanks, now I'm hungry!!! :grumble:
  • why can you not eat chips?

--baked chips
    --special k chips
    --individual sacks of REGULAR chips (only ~150-160 calories)

They can fit into your diet. I eat chips several times a week!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    I really like the Pop chips too!
  • You deserve a fit body and a long & healthy life; chips will not get you either. Choose health & tell yourself you're worth it!
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    No you don't have to give up chips. I still eat some, and I can't imagine anything is a suitable substitute. But, I weigh them, and even though I've had 3 servings in an evening, I have 1 serving at a time...just the hassle of weighing them reminds me how bad for me they are, so eventually it kicks in that I need to do something else.

Otherwise, I had completely removed them from the house. If they're not here, I can't eat them. Unfortunately, we ended up with an abundance of 'party food' recently, and it's hard to just throw things out, knowing that a few months ago, I would have been eating nothing but chips, cheese, and crackers for a week...free food is free food! I think I'll end up taking some to work or something.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    I replaced my chips with multigrain wheat thins.
  • So don't cut them out.

This is the best advice here! As long as you have the room to fit them in your diet, there is nothing wrong with continuing to eat them. Just watch your portions.

If you're looking for substitutes, though, I've found the Special K chips are delicious. They don't really taste like chips since they have a different texture, but I can eat half a serving and feel like I ate a substantial amount, and it only costs me about 50 calories. Baked Lays are also great. I can eat Baked Cheetos like there's no tomorrow--I seriously can't taste the difference between those and normal ones.

Good luck!
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    If it's about the crunch, slices of cucumber work for me. Special K has some new chips out that are decent. ABove all, if you want chips maybe you should have them....just have ONE PORTION at a time.
  • kcashwheeler
    kcashwheeler Posts: 23 Member
    Veggie Chips!! They're amazing!! I don't even want real chips anymore.
    Brand: Sensible Solutions