What's your biggest health/weigh loss tip?

Replies

• Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Find out what works/doesn't work for YOUR body.
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Surround yourself with encouraging MFPs...they will keep you from getting discouraged along the way...and make sure you have a combination of new and old members so you have people to encourage you and people you can encourage! :flowerforyou:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Don't count washing dishes & such as exercise. It's not!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Be accountable.. and let others in on your journey. They will keep you on track and also be inspired by you. As you get healthy and thinner, your friends and family will follow.
  • fruitful9
    fruitful9 Posts: 32
    CUT SUGAR!!! CUT WHITE FLOUR!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,988 Member
    1. be consistant, dont give up
    .2. Log everything and mix things up every 3-4 weeks.
    3. Write down why you want to lose weight and refer back to this when you need motivation.
    4. write down specific goals
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Lose ten pounds.

Then lose ten pounds.

Then lose ten pounds.

Then lose ten pounds.

And so on until the goal is met. When I think about the fact that I have ONE HUNDRED TWENTY pounds to lose it's just a tad overwhelming :brokenheart:
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Track, everything that passes your lips!

Weigh, and measure everything that goes on your plate!

get your daily liquids in.

Exercise

Don't get hung up on "diet", but change to healthy {Just because something is labeled low fat or diet , does not necessarily mean healthy}

and look to this journey as a lifestyle change and not a diet

love it !! #knowledge
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,988 Member
    Lose ten pounds.

Then lose ten pounds.

Then lose ten pounds.

Then lose ten pounds.

And so on until the goal is met. When I think about the fact that I have ONE HUNDRED TWENTY pounds to lose it's just a tad overwhelming :brokenheart:

this is so true, I just concentrated on 10 lbs at a time and bought myself a new pair of earrings for every 10 lbs I lost. I have now lost 100 lbs which seemed impossible in the beginning
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    The diet/fitness regimen you can enjoy and stick to without "cheating" is a million times better than an "ideal" one that you are unable to maintain with consistency.
  • danasue56
    danasue56 Posts: 10 Member
    Good Stuff! Thanks
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Do what is sustainable. Long term success depends on being able to maintain the same sort of eating/exercise habits you have during your journey towards becoming fit.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    CUT SUGAR!!! CUT WHITE FLOUR!!!

second tip: Hit your macros, eat healthier, but don't sweat the small stuff like above all the time ^^ white flour and sugar don't make you fat
  • yag1630
    yag1630 Posts: 92
    Bump!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Here's what I'm doing:

Water...nothing but (I use to be a 3+ a day Mountain Dew drinker)
    No fried foods...period
    No red meat
    Limit cheese intake
    Exercise

Find something that works for you, do it well and exercise. Whether it's walking, jogging, lifting weights, golfing or bicycling, do something to get that heart rate up.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Stay FOCUSED on your goal whatever it is!!! Your WHY will get you re-focused and re-energized as the need arises.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    You cant out exercise a ****ty diet.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Dont cut out the things you love.....learn to eat them in moderation....If you cut them out you will crave and eventually binge. You can reach your goals while still having these things......And carbs (even processed simple carbs after 8PM) won't make you fat.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Ditch as much processed food as possible.

LOL except bacon? jk :)
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Safety first.