Anyone own a Bowflex?

This picture is what our Bowflex has done for my son....I have no interest in taking it to his level, but do think if I could find the right routine, I could definately benefit from a resistance training program. I have searched and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I guess my biggest fear is not doing the exercises correctly or for what result I want to acquire.

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    This picture is what our Bowflex has done for my son....I have no interest in taking it to his level, but do think if I could find the right routine, I could definately benefit from a resistance training program. I have searched and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I guess my biggest fear is not doing the exercises correctly or for what result I want to acquire.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    I've never used a Bowflex, but with any resistance training, it's about reps + resistance. I would imagine your son has reletively low reps coupled with high resistance. If you cannot find a routine specifically, then try modifying your son's routine. Use 25% of the restance and double up on the repetitions.

I think what you would be looking for is some sort of toning routine. Experiment with what sort of weight you can comfortably handle at 12 - 15 repititions for each exercise. If it feels too easy, increase the resistance, but keep the reps in the 12 - 15 range. Maybe higher, even.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    My husband LOVES his bowflex and between the bowflex and the exercise bike he has dropped 15 pounds in a little over 2 months. He also has really watched his diet and was put on statins for his cholesterol and went from a cholesterol level of 315 (yikes!) to 164 in that time period. He has gotten really toned and is able to use it pretty fluidly now that he has gotten used to the resistance bands.
  • My husband and I have one and until about last week it was the best dang clothes holder ever!!!! Now that I have started Boot Camp I am using it at night to keep muscles warm and on the weekends when I don't have camp and don't want to slide back...it is an awesome machine. Takes up some room but if you have room it is really worth it!!!