TODAY I HIT GOAL doing this... (5'7 sedentary female)

Replies

• WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Great job!
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Nice!
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    amazing...thanks for posting this...i'm going to try and up my calories using my tdee calculation...should i expect to gain weight the first few weeks? oh and did you wanna barf after eating the whole package =)
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Congrats on reaching your goal.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    You look awesome! And I love that you're a fellow coder!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Very nice, well done and thanks for the calculations :) Enjoy the oreos!
  • katetaylor999
    katetaylor999 Posts: 54 Member
    Well done, that's A-MA-ZING!! Exactly the same stats as me now, so there's hope!! :happy:

Currently 150, maybe 151-152 after birthday weekend, but hoping to get back to around 120 :ohwell:

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • You look amazing! And thanks for the info, I think I will have to try it :)
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    Congrats Ms. Sedentary!

You look fantastic - now get that gym thingy hooked up and start exercising :-)

Tom
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Congrats
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Wow I am 5 ft 7 and cant imagine being 120, my goal weight is your start weight lol. Oh well. You look great !
  • arsalak
    arsalak Posts: 37 Member
    Wow that is a great achievement
  • kbuelo
    kbuelo Posts: 44 Member
    woop! nice work and thanks for the inspiration!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Thanks for all the great comments guys!
    Congratulations on reaching your goal! I love what you've written, and hope others can look at it and find encouragement from it.

It looks like we both have the same goal in mind: weight training with the expectation of added weight and better looks! :)

I'm realizing that I never did to my celebratory eating that I had planned when I reached my goal: A Carl's Jr. Double Western Beacon Cheese Burger.
    I hope so too tmch4006
    Congratulations - good luck on the next part of the journey
    :drinker:

Do you think a 1lb box of chocolates is a bit much for for my goal weight celebration? :bigsmile:

Only if its dark chocolate truffles XD
    amazing...thanks for posting this...i'm going to try and up my calories using my tdee calculation...should i expect to gain weight the first few weeks? oh and did you wanna barf after eating the whole package =)

I went out with a bang and ended with 3212 cals of pure junk lol. Surprisingly, I felt fine, and was fine the next day. I was surprisingly quite hyper :wink: I'm absolutely positive I wouldn't feel good eating like that every day though.

Personally I didn't gain weight. A few people told me they stalled, a few said they gained a few pounds and it disappeared shortly after. That's why I suggest sticking it out for 2 weeks. If you haven't been eating enough your glycogen levels will likely be depleted so yes, expect temporary water weight while your cells grab what they wanted in the first place. The 2 weeks will give your body time to catch up and your metabolism time to speed up to what it should be.

Here's a note I found from a person on this forum who's experienced extremes on both sides: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/572503-why-you-should-eat-more-a-lion-s-tale

I like the ending quote "Your body will not run on too few calories just because you DECIDED it would." Especially since so many people tell themselves at first that they're comfortable and healthy because they eat a small amount, but all healthy food. Then you go to the other side and realize you could eat much larger quantities of the healthy stuff, that easily fill all of your nutritional recommendations for every day.
  • beardmouse
    beardmouse Posts: 19
    There are SO many threads on this subject that I'm a little dizzy trying to read them all! I've found yours to be the clearest and really helped me to begin to understand. And you don't seem scary impatient like some others so can I just clarify something?

I'm a week and a half in using MFP. It gave me a daily goal of 1200 but from trawling the boards tonight I'm being told that this is too low (although I've lost 5lbs). My TDEE is 1856, my BMR is 1356. How do I work out what I should be eating in an average day?
    I'm not stoopid, I'm just very new to this and really want my body to work more efficiently and find a way of eating healthily for initial weight loss that I can sustain.

Thanks!

p.s CONGRATULATIONS! x
  • CoderGal
    You look awesome! And I love that you're a fellow coder!

:D
    Very nice, well done and thanks for the calculations :) Enjoy the oreos!

Thank you! And I did, all 30 in a few hours :s
    Well done, that's A-MA-ZING!! Exactly the same stats as me now, so there's hope!! :happy:

Currently 150, maybe 151-152 after birthday weekend, but hoping to get back to around 120 :ohwell:

Thank you :flowerforyou:

What I started and finished at, awesome. :) It is definitely doable!
    You look amazing! And thanks for the info, I think I will have to try it :)

Thanks! I hope you do!
    Wow I am 5 ft 7 and cant imagine being 120, my goal weight is your start weight lol. Oh well. You look great !

To each their own. I was a dancer who exercised every day when I was this weight before. I then went to sitting and eating in the 4xxx range. I was also in a state, and being a very unhealthy person at the weight that I was. I've seen people who looked ripped at my start weight and much much healthier then me.
    There are SO many threads on this subject that I'm a little dizzy trying to read them all! I've found yours to be the clearest and really helped me to begin to understand. And you don't seem scary impatient like some others so can I just clarify something?

I'm a week and a half in using MFP. It gave me a daily goal of 1200 but from trawling the boards tonight I'm being told that this is too low (although I've lost 5lbs). My TDEE is 1856, my BMR is 1356. How do I work out what I should be eating in an average day?
    I'm not stoopid, I'm just very new to this and really want my body to work more efficiently and find a way of eating healthily for initial weight loss that I can sustain.

Thanks!

p.s CONGRATULATIONS! x

Thanks! I just sent you a pm with some information.
  • beardmouse
    beardmouse Posts: 19
    Got it, much appreciated.
    xxx
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Congratulations on reaching your goal weight.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Yep eating more food can get you a gorgeous body!! Well done!
  • CoderGal
    Congratulations on reaching your goal weight.
    Yep eating more food can get you a gorgeous body!! Well done!

Thanks guys.

I avoided putting up a before pic for a long time but since I have a face shot now I figured it was about time.

Beforeish (stopped taking pictures after this point):
    292367_10150254652881829_609976828_7929006_5132139_n.jpg

after:
    13599033_890.jpg13599033_2651.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!