I don't understand........

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Solution to people who have a hard time eating all their calories: ICE CREAM!!!!
    lol.

I wish I had that problem. But seriously, there are so many things you can eat/drink that have lots of calories and are healthy I don't understand it either.
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    I can only speak for myself everybody is different. On a heavy excersice day theres just no way i can eat all the calories back. If you've eaten a healthy well balenced responsible meal after your workout and continue to try to eat good choices and you still have some left, its okay. Just because theyre there doesnt mean you HAVE to eat them, esspecially if your not even hungry. Just make responsible choices. ive come along way and learned a lot esspecially on here, i used to be one of those clueless people who thought ok i burned all those calories now im gonna eat a bag of carrots and nothing else for the day (i know retarded) but when the person is just clueless about how weightloss works they really dont know and have to learn the lesson themselves, also the "if you have calories to cover that drumstick for dessert GO AHEAD!!!"...........no just because the calories are there and it can be covered doesnt mean you should put garbage back in, nothing wrong with dessert but make good choices fruit is fail proof and benificial.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    the actually answer your question, i dont meet my calories because a) i'm dealing with an ED and b) i eat healthy food that fills me up and keeps me full for longer

my food most days consists of oatmeal, egg whites, lots of veggies, fruit, cheese, fish or sometimes ground beef, almond milk and whole wheat crispbread as well as 1tsp of peanut butter (i have this every day as a "treat") and some brown sugar or honey

that will keep me a lot fuller than sugary cereal, chips, candy, a burger etc.

Why just the egg whites? What's wrong with the yolks? Such a simple way to add omega-3 fatty acids and protein while increasing calorie count and not increasing volume by much.

refer to "a" and you'll see why. i know it'd be better to eat them but i can't make myself do it.

however, regarding the protein, even when i eat 700 calories a day i always meet my protein goals ;)
    As someone who dealt with anorexia and bulemia for many years that's one of the reasons I asked. It's important to find the easy ways to add calories that are still healthy because you don't have to justify them. You know you are doing this to be healthy, so adding calories in the foods you're already eating and in healthy way doesn't need as much "justification" in the mental games we play with ourselves as say adding a giant bowl of ice cream that may carry 140 calories of guilt. 140 calories of eggs vs 140 calories of ice cream. At this point in my life I would rather eat the ice cream, but I eat the eggs first and then if I still have room in my day I eat the ice cream.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    It's something I don't 'get' either. We're all on here because at one point we ate too many calories, so how can people now all of a sudden not eat enough?

It's not a problem I have :laugh: .

because not all of us are on here for overeating
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    I know for me, my weight gain was mainly due to not eating during the day - but then I would eat a huge, carb-loaded meal late at night...recipe for disaster. I have never been a snacker or a grazer...never. So now that I am eating right for the first time in my life, I am eating constantly (it does feel like that!), but my food choices are healthy and clean. By the end of the day, I am done...the thought of eating one more thing is enough to push me over the edge! Lol! I have noticed that I am doing a better job of getting the right number of calories throughout the day, but some days I have a bigger deficit than I need. It is a learning process.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    the actually answer your question, i dont meet my calories because a) i'm dealing with an ED and b) i eat healthy food that fills me up and keeps me full for longer

my food most days consists of oatmeal, egg whites, lots of veggies, fruit, cheese, fish or sometimes ground beef, almond milk and whole wheat crispbread as well as 1tsp of peanut butter (i have this every day as a "treat") and some brown sugar or honey

Why just the egg whites? What's wrong with the yolks? Such a simple way to add omega-3 fatty acids and protein while increasing calorie count and not increasing volume by much.

refer to "a" and you'll see why. i know it'd be better to eat them but i can't make myself do it.

however, regarding the protein, even when i eat 700 calories a day i always meet my protein goals ;)

2d1pt3a.jpg
    IMHO your protein goal is terribly low. mpf defaults to such a low protein level I don't really understand how people fuel an active lifestyle on that.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member

As someone who dealt with anorexia and bulemia for many years that's one of the reasons I asked. It's important to find the easy ways to add calories that are still healthy because you don't have to justify them. You know you are doing this to be healthy, so adding calories in the foods you're already eating and in healthy way doesn't need as much "justification" in the mental games we play with ourselves as say adding a giant bowl of ice cream that may carry 140 calories of guilt. 140 calories of eggs vs 140 calories of ice cream. At this point in my life I would rather eat the ice cream, but I eat the eggs first and then if I still have room in my day I eat the ice cream.

unfortunately, that's not how my mind works. if i could easily be okay with eating more calories of healthy food i wouldn't have a problem to begin with.
  • roachhaley

2d1pt3a.jpg
    IMHO your protein goal is terribly low. mpf defaults to such a low protein level I don't really understand how people fuel an active lifestyle on that.

lol, well, right now my lifestyle is the opposite of active. hurray for anxiety disorders and depression!
  • The ones who don't firmly believe that "carbs are the devil". Carbs are calorie intensive foods and by cutting out this source of energy you instantly make hitting calorie targets difficult. The carbs are replaced by veggies which are mostly water and low cal. In addition they prob choose a cleaner meat that is leaner, containing less fat.

Clean diets are all the rage but even a clean diet needs carbs and meats with fats (your body does require some fats in your diet).

I agree with the OP, I eat roughly 5 meals a day and can only go 3 hours max without eating something. I don't understand forums where people are only eating 1200 calories but can't understand why they aren't losing weight. MFP literally sets your daily targets so you can lose weight yet people choose to not hit the totals. It's like going on a road trip and ignoring the map (because you know of a shortcut, which usually ends in getting lost and asking for directions).
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    It's something I don't 'get' either. We're all on here because at one point we ate too many calories, so how can people now all of a sudden not eat enough?

It's not a problem I have :laugh: .

Not everyone gains weight from over eating.

Medications and medical conditions can cause weight gain also. No need for generalizations.

Sorry I have to disagree there. I am overweight (or WAS overweight) because of two things: having two kids and being on antidepressants. Now both of these resulted in me gaining weight, because I was eating MORE. There are of course medical conditions that cause people to put on weight, but sometimes the medical conditon or medication INCREASES the persons appetite. The antidepressants didn't make me fat, the extra food I ate because they meds increased my appetite did.

Of course all of this is IMO.

I gained weight all while eating under 2000 calories a day and walking 4 miles a day.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    orlly? Source?
    [/quote]

Peanuts are one of the most toxic foods one can eat and it is highly inflammatory. Makes it unhealthy in my book and does not go in my shopping cart or dot the door to my home.
    [/quote]
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member

2d1pt3a.jpg

Wow!!! This pretty bad, your protein is super low, and abiously tou are eating a lot of processed foods since your calories are 700 and your sodium is that high. I see a lot of people making excuses as to why they are not eating enough.
  • roachhaley

2d1pt3a.jpg

Wow!!! This pretty bad, your protein is super low, and abiously tou are eating a lot of processed foods since your calories are 700 and your sodium is that high. I see a lot of people making excuses as to why they are not eating enough.

my sodium is high because i'm eating a frozen meal tonight and a can of soup (our fridge is empty, need to shop)

but thanks. this isn't an "excuse". my ED isn't an "excuse".
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    orlly? Source?

Peanuts are one of the most toxic foods one can eat and it is highly inflammatory. Makes it unhealthy in my book and does not go in my shopping cart or dot the door to my home.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Peanuts are toxic to those allergic to it....

in regards to your higly inflammatory..

Peanut butter provides 4.5 g polyunsaturated fats per serving that may also lower your inflammation, according to the Linus Pauling Institute Micronutrient Information Center
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    At first I didn't get it at all. But now that I have upped my protein I stay fuller longer and don't want food as often.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Just spend 60 seconds eating peanut butter. 4 spoonfuls...it's like 500 calories. Not hard.

I have done this before. After a big bike ride. You gotta find ways, after big calorie burns, to take in calories. Without resorting to that cheeseburger or bowl of ice cream.

Clif bars are dense, nutritious, and you can pick up one at any Sheetz.

I have gone to adding PB and J to my morning oatmeal too. Adds good stuff.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Before I started on my weight loss, I never ate breakfast and rarely ate lunch. I have acid reflux and GURD really bad so I didn't want to eat. Eventually, I would give in to the hunger and eat in the evening with the family. This had become such a habit that dieting scared me bc I didn't eat breakfast. Now I drink my breakfast and lunch. I know it sounds terrible and people will tell me how stupid it is BUT, I don't have the acid reflux and GURD problems as often as I used to. So, if people are in the habit (like I was) of not eating breakfast or lunch then adapting to eating all day every day is a real struggle. Yes, you can be fat only eating one meal a day and no that meal was not more than 1500 calories. Hope this helps :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    If I'm full or stuffed, there is no way I'm going to shove some peanut butter in my mouth. I'm not a fan of force-feeding.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member

2d1pt3a.jpg

my sodium is high because i'm eating a frozen meal tonight and a can of soup (our fridge is empty, need to shop)

but thanks. this isn't an "excuse". my ED isn't an "excuse".

I said I see alot of PEOPLE making excuses as to why they dont eat enough. If the hat fits wear it! Have a wonderful day
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    It its very hard to make my calorie goals daily because I am rarely hungry and usually have to force myself to east 1200 a day. It seems that healthier foods are fewer calories and more filling. I think my stomach size is much smaller than before. I remember when I thought I could never cut myself to 2k calories a day. It takes time and sometimes I worry that I am starving myself but I never go without its just my meals contain 300 calories normally.