Old London - Melba Toast-Garlic, 15 pieces 300 65 0 10 remove
    Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Fat Free, 8 tbsp 120 8 0 16 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal

Total: 973 194 8 41
    Your Daily Goal: 1,284 176 42 48
    Remaining: 311 -18 34 7
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    you don't....... you're like 300 cals short of your daily goal... PLUS you need to add in your excercise calories to that. You are starving yourself if that's all you eat.
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    I DID add in my exercise. I need to go force me something to eat. Any suggestions this late at night?
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    big glass of chocolate milk. I make mine 12 oz w/ 2% and Nesquick and it comes to about 300 cal. plus all the great calcium you get!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    almonds or other nuts are great too. apple and peanut butter.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    what you could do is double up on some meals like yesterday i needed to make up some seriouse calories so i double up my lunch instead of one wrap (they are smallish) i had two
  • Lisabeth
    Just ate a celery stalk with a 1/2 tbl spoon of reduced fat peanut butter
    and I still have more to go....however, I'm out of carbs now. HELP!!!!!!! I have about 280 cal left, a decent bit of fat and little protein
    almonds or other nuts are great too. apple and peanut butter.
  • snakeskin
    snakeskin Posts: 21
    Hi there! i don't have a stomach to handle raw vegetables or fruit in the evening.... usually a bowl of cereal (w skim milk) or dry and crunchy! is my usual choice.
    Best of luck!
  • astridfeline
    do you have some lunch meat? a couple of slices of turkey breast and a slice of cheese is nice. Are you sure you added your exercise cals? 1200 after exercise is added seems too low. I am tall, so my BMR is 1600, plus my exercise cals today (541) I get 2141 allowed calories. Check your BMR using the calculator on the tools page to be sure--you don't want to eat less than your BMR.

When you add exercise into the exercise log they will automatically be added to your allowance in the food diary. You may want to consider eating more calories earlier in the day, perhaps 4-6 small meals throughout the day. The links in the post will help you too.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I am kind of confused by your post........... The topic is "how the heck do i survie on this" are you thinking that you didn't get enough food all day or that you can't eat anymore?? I can show you a few of my days logs too if that would help. But if it is that you can't eat anymore...... then I really don't understand how you are surviving on that? ummm maybe you could clarify more?
  • Lisabeth
    Well, the reason is, is that just that little bit took most my carbs and left me with calories. I only burned 84 calories today on a brisk walk. My walking buddy started having dizzy spells and we had to stop.
    I am kind of confused by your post........... The topic is "how the heck do i survie on this" are you thinking that you didn't get enough food all day or that you can't eat anymore?? I can show you a few of my days logs too if that would help. But if it is that you can't eat anymore...... then I really don't understand how you are surviving on that? ummm maybe you could clarify more?
  • Lisabeth
    Not a meat eater....sorry! I'm not a vegetarian, but I just don't like meat.
    do you have some lunch meat? a couple of slices of turkey breast and a slice of cheese is nice. Are you sure you added your exercise cals? 1200 after exercise is added seems too low. I am tall, so my BMR is 1600, plus my exercise cals today (541) I get 2141 allowed calories. Check your BMR using the calculator on the tools page to be sure--you don't want to eat less than your BMR.

When you add exercise into the exercise log they will automatically be added to your allowance in the food diary. You may want to consider eating more calories earlier in the day, perhaps 4-6 small meals throughout the day. The links in the post will help you too.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • astridfeline
    Not a meat eater....sorry! I'm not a vegetarian, but I just don't like meat.

Beans and brown rice, my staple.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    i look at carbs but there are days when i've went over my carbs by 50 or more. i say you have to eat more than that, period. if it puts your carbs in negative, then oh well. also make sure you're recording every little thing that's going in your mouth. if you're really recording everything, then you need to eat you cals. thats all there is to it :tongue:

lettuce, chicken, and cheese low carbs today on diary for me. try to find foods to eat cals up but still low carbs:happy:

k, i just re-read your post. . why didn't you eat dinner? you're missing one whole meal, no wonder you're short on cals!:wink:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    lis,
    I saw that you didn't eat any dinner. That is a big thing, skipping meals is a really bad thing, it will unbalance your body chemistry very easilly.

Also, almost no protein, that's a little scary. If you don't like meat, that's fine, get some nuts, cheese, beans, yogurt. Anything with protein is important, you need protein though.

As to the carb thing, well, anything bread related (I.E. melba toast, dinner rolls) are going to give you carbs but not much in the way of protein. Replace some of your bread with something else. Instead of having melba toast for a snack, have an apple with peanutbutter, that will give you the protein you need, keep the carbs down a lot, and still leave you feeling full. Try to get a little protein every meal. Even if it's just 1/2 a serving of almonds or sunflower seeds (both great sources of protein and good fats, with low carbohydrates)

1 serving of roasted almonds with no salt added gives you
    169 calories, low carbs (5.5g) high protein (6.3g), some good fat (15g), and tons of potassium (211 mg) all very good for you. And they are much more filling then you would think.
    also
    Sunflower seeds are almost the same numbers (slightly more carbs, like 6.5g or so, but also more potassium, 240 mg I think)

here is the nutritional info on an apple with peanut butter:
    calories (for 1 apple and an oz of regular peanut butter) 222, good fat 12.5 g, carbs 20.6 g, protein 7.5 g, potassium 298 mg, and fiber 4.2
    this is a very good healthy snack, much more balanced then melba toast and cream cheese! notice how much less carbs the apple/peanutbutter combo has.

you can go with light peanut butter and get different numbers which may allow more peanut butter if you are a fan of it. But an oz doesn't seem like much, but it's acutally enough for me with an apple, it has a powerful taste so you don't need a lot.