Diabetes Support Group~~~Part 1

Replies

• Good Morning all! Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Happy holiday! Hope everyone is healthy and happy. I will be spending some time with my daughter at a football game this weekend, then visiting the in-laws. Talk to you soon! :glasses:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Hello Jrhall., I was just llooking for this site and there you are. Everything fine in our house hold. Nice rain last night and cooler weather What a great day this is going to be.
    I will be watching the Dallas Cowboys tonight. and then there regular games will start next weekend. Can hardly wait. I love my Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day......Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Its been a week since I been around but I am still here. Hope everyone had a nic week. It rain here all weekend. A good soaking. We needed it. Our TV went out in my craft room so we will go out and buy a new one today.

Have a Happy day

Calie
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Hello Jrhall., I was just llooking for this site and there you are. Everything fine in our house hold. Nice rain last night and cooler weather What a great day this is going to be.
    I will be watching the Dallas Cowboys tonight. and then there regular games will start next weekend. Can hardly wait. I love my Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day......Calie

We are Dallas Cowboy fans in our house too Calie!!!

They whooped the pants off Tampa Bay yesterday, LOL.
  • CALIECAT
    they sure did. Gotta love 'em. Wish I had tape it so I could watch it over again.

Been shopping for me a new TV. Now for Jerry to get it installed.

Time for my lunch. will have a bowl of my hamburger soup with 1 T coconut oil. Big glass of tea.Sounds good on this rainy day.

Calie

p.s. Hope my flower gets in the middle of my tickers in the Morning.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    they sure did. Gotta love 'em. Wish I had tape it so I could watch it over again.

Been shopping for me a new TV. Now for Jerry to get it installed.

Time for my lunch. will have a bowl of my hamburger soup with 1 T coconut oil. Big glass of tea.Sounds good on this rainy day.

Calie

p.s. Hope my flower gets in the middle of my tickers in the Morning.

It will!!!
  • Hello all! Well I live near Tampa, so I was disappointed in the game, but glad it made you happy Cali. I really do not have a favorite pro football team, I watch the college guys, they play better, cause they do not make any money! LOL! It rained here all weekend also, I planted beans in my garden, some Saturday in the rain and some on Sunday, have two full rows, will have to try and remember how my Daddy canned them! Will be interesting. Had my blood work done this morning, go to the doctor for my check-up next Monday! We will see how well I have done since removing one med. Keep your fingers crosssed! :happy:
  • CALIECAT
    Hi ya jrhall,I posted yesterday, Guess I didn't punch post reply. stupid me I am always doing that. I know I tried to post for I loat 6.6 lbs yesterday an been shouting it all over the place. Yeah. And to do it again, at least lose something this week.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Calie
  • Congrats on the 6.6 pounds Woo Hoo! :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks jrhall. i was at the beauty shop and my hair dreese made a comment on my weight. She didn't know I was reall trying to lose. that made me feel good. So good I came home and walk clear around the block. without Sammy I can't go all around with him for the street in front of our house is too busy.
    Have a good day!
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning all. I had a nice day yesterday. I have been taken 4 shots a day of insulin., And I only had to have 2 yesterday. This morning I don't need any. And I want have to worry about a low blood sugar which makes me have an uncontrolable appetite. My coconut diet and my low carbs are begining to pay off. This is the way to live. and I owe it all to Lioness. Thanks Lioness. ~~~~~~~~~`Calie
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I have a question...I haven't be diagnosed with diabetes, but I've tested my blood sugar twice now (once in June, once last night), and both times it's been over 9. Last night it was 9.2...I need to make an appointment with my doctor ASAP, but I'm wondering...does this mean I have diabetes? Or could it mean something else??

I was really hoping I could get the weight/ diet under control before I ended up with diabetes because it's so prevalent in my family.
  • CALIECAT
    Hi Brenda lee, I have seen your name around some here.
    As far as you question I am not familar with those figures. Where are you from? My doctor want me to keep mine at 120. But if you are concerned I would go see your docter. He or she can tell.
    Keep in touch with us and let us know what you find out. Some Of the others may know? So keep checking this thread to see. How do you feel?

Calie
  • BrendaLee
    Hi CC, 9.2 translates to 250. (Canada)
  • CALIECAT
    That is high. Get to your doctor. If you don't get iunder control you will have lots of problems later on. Ididn;t get mine undercontrol and i have ended up with eye problems,kidney failure, congested heart failire. Pain and numbness in my feet, and having to wear diabbetic shoes. High blood presure name it and i got it. I can blane the health care workers for not educating us enought. Now days they Know more to help us. all they used to tell us watch our diets But what kind of diet., I knew noting about carbs for I was not informed. i am lerning a lot here on MfP thank goodness. I don't know if you have diabetes or not , but your doctor can tell you.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for posting
    Calie
  • BrendaLee
    Thanks Calie. :smile:
  • Hello all! Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful and healthy weekend. I go to the doctor on Manday morning to see how I have been doing. Hopefully that will go well. I have slowed down on the weight loss, but that is okay as long as my sugar is good, I do not care.

I am sad to say my best friend lost her Mom this week to diabetes related problems. She was in a home and having dialysis 3 days a week. She had heart surgury and lost a leg. She also had a feeding tube, something about the nerves in the stomach not having any feeling and it did not know what to do with the food she was taking in. They said this was vaused by the diabetes. First time I had ever heard of that. She is in a better place and will be missed. So Watch your diets and blood sugar levels so this does not happen to you until you are ready. God Bless All! :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks jrhall. that is sad. Calie

You have a nice weekend too.
  • CALIECAT
    Just drop in to wish you all a Happy weekend.
    Calie
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Hi everybody, I'm new to this board, but i am also diabetic... I am recovering from my third misscarriage on 9/6/09 (was 16 weeks 5 days).

My first couple of pregnancies, my physician had me on regular insulin and NPH insulin. They lowered my BS, but not where they should be. This last pregnancy, my OB put me on Glyburide... This has really dropped my BS to where they should be. I swear, this drug has been a miracle worker!!! :smile:

My highest BS since being on the Glyburide was 140, and that was after having a big meal (a couple of days ago). I'm wondering if my Internal Med physicain will keep me on the Glyburide. Once I'm able to workout again, I'm hoping I won't have to be on it for too long... :wink: