level one bicycle crunches and pushups

hey guys. im on day 9 of level one and although ive mastered knee push ups, i still absolutely suck at bicycle crunches. it looks simple and doesnt require rhythm but.... i seriously cant do them very well. anyone have any tips/feel my pain?!

Replies

• It's the push ups that cause me trouble. I can't do as many on my knees as Jillian asks but only day 2 so hoping will improve in the next week or so. Don't think I will ever be able to master the full push up!
  • charlottehammerton
    charlottehammerton Posts: 19 Member
    They are both things that I find the hardest, mine is day 6 today, and the bicycle sit ups were easier today and the first day I managed it to the end, what will you do move onto the next level anyway or wait until you feel the whole of level 1 is easier?
  • I'm on Day 2 of Level 1 and I'm so sore! Anyhow, wanted to see how you log in your exercises on MFP? I wish there was just one entry for "Level 1 Jillian Michaels"...it's hard to regulate and I'm not sure of the calories I'm burning. Suggestions?
  • feexme
    feexme Posts: 12
    I'm on day 3 and getting more sore by the day. It's not killing me but I can feel my muscles. Feels good though. I have a hard time with a few of the circuits but keep pushing. It's the squat/shoulder exercise I have a hard time with. my shoulders have always been weak. Hoping day 10 I can look back and say it was all worth it. Good luck everyone!!!
  • jdel987
    jdel987 Posts: 15 Member
    I have logged it as 20 min circuit training and that seems to be what everyone else is doing too
  • mialegg
    mialegg Posts: 23 Member
    hey guys. im on day 9 of level one and although ive mastered knee push ups, i still absolutely suck at bicycle crunches. it looks simple and doesnt require rhythm but.... i seriously cant do them very well. anyone have any tips/feel my pain?!

I would say concentrate on your breathing and make sure you are looking at the ceiling the entire time. Also take as much time as you need to do them properly because that's what counts in the end. Good luck!
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm on Day 2 of Level 1 and I'm so sore! Anyhow, wanted to see how you log in your exercises on MFP? I wish there was just one entry for "Level 1 Jillian Michaels"...it's hard to regulate and I'm not sure of the calories I'm burning. Suggestions?
    [/quote

I log any JM (Jillian Michael's) workout as Circuit training - I had this same question and asked others how they logged 30 DS.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    I had the same problem with the oushups... I cant do them with out having a flat back... Well its only day one, am sure my posterior will go in the right place sometime...
  • @charlottehamm "They are both things that I find the hardest, mine is day 6 today, and the bicycle sit ups were easier today and the first day I managed it to the end, what will you do move onto the next level anyway or wait until you feel the whole of level 1 is easier?" - ill move on to the next level after 10 days, yesterday was meant to be my tenth day at level one but was ill, so doing it today, starting level 2 tomorrow! :)
  • rainbownerdsgirl
    rainbownerdsgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Make sure your chin stays pointed up and your eyes are looking up at the ceiling.

Breathe out while crunching up , then in when you are down.

If you focus on your breathing it helps a lot.