Lunch

pilot85
pilot85 Posts: 14 Member
Hi everybody
Can u give me some ideas for a healthy lunch that doesn´t have any bread in it!!
I´m addicted to bread and trying only to eat it in the mornings! But I´m finding it hard to replace it with something else.

Replies

• pilot85
    Hi everybody
    Can u give me some ideas for a healthy lunch that doesn´t have any bread in it!!
    I´m addicted to bread and trying only to eat it in the mornings! But I´m finding it hard to replace it with something else.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    If you aren't eating bread because it is a trigger food for you try pita's or whole wheat tortillas, both are way good!! I have found you can turn almost anything into a salad!! today i had a bed of lettuce with some diced chicken breast and tomato, a little ff dressing. Try having your next meal a top some lettuce, i think it helps fill you up!
  • pilot85
    yeah I think I´ll try some tortillas see if I can get over my craving for bread :smile: thanks alot.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Grab some big romain lettuce leaves. Make up some tuna (if you like that) or anything like that (chicken salad, ham salad... chicken breast, turkey meat...etc.)
    throw your favorite sub veggies in it (onions, peppers, pickles, hots...etc), throw in some lite mayo and maybe some american cheese and roll it all up, makes a great wrap. Throw in some baked lays or some whole wheat pretzels and you get your carbs too. Makes a great little lunch without all the bread.
  • pilot85
    I love chiken breast. I could eat them every day but in Iceland 4 breast cost about 23-30 $. I don´t have the money to buy alot of them whish sucks:angry: I used to live in USA and I ate chiken probable 4-5 times a week. So I´m trying as well to find some cheap alternative instead of the chiken.
  • ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    I just made my lunch for tomorrow. I took a can of albacore tuna, 1tbsp Mustard, 1 table spoon of sweet relish and eating on a bead of lettuce. I plan on eating it with some whole wheat crackers and an apple. The tuna combination may seem odd, but it taste really good. I actually like it better than the miracle whip usually mix it with. I have also found the Lean Cuisine Flatbread to be really good for lunch, quick and tasty. One more for you too Cheddar Cheese Rice Cake with Low Fat cottage cheese, that is possible one of my favorites!!! Hope this gives you a few ideas! :happy:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    I just made my lunch for tomorrow. I took a can of albacore tuna, 1tbsp Mustard, 1 table spoon of sweet relish and eating on a bead of lettuce. I plan on eating it with some whole wheat crackers and an apple. The tuna combination may seem odd, but it taste really good. I actually like it better than the miracle whip usually mix it with. I have also found the Lean Cuisine Flatbread to be really good for lunch, quick and tasty. One more for you too Cheddar Cheese Rice Cake with Low Fat cottage cheese, that is possible one of my favorites!!! Hope this gives you a few ideas! :happy:

I make my tuna salad with 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp light mayo, 1 tbsp sweet relish, and 1 hard boiled egg white. Yummm!