I suprised myself !

I took my son to a birthday party today for my best friend's daughter .... at Chuck E. Cheese. I left the house thinking here we go, Im gonna binge and eat way too much and then theres cake and UGH!

But we got there and the kids played. Then .... it was time to eat. My wonderful and loving friend who has struggled with weightloss herself and WON was very encouraging. not in an in your face way at all , but helpful. She asked me if I wanted the salad bar cause she knew I was excercising and watching calories. She saved me from myself I think. I had a large salad with light dressing , and a small piece of cheese pizza. When cake time came I had a tiny piece ( about the size of 1/4 of a cupcake) to join in the celebration and then I stopped, and had no more. We all went back to her house to open gifts where the table was covered with chips and snacks and ugh more cake lol. I had 5 tostito chips and a tablespoon of salsa with my 2 bottles of water.

Im Sooooooo glad I managed to keep with my plan and not indulge and go over my calories :smile:

Replies

• I took my son to a birthday party today for my best friend's daughter .... at Chuck E. Cheese. I left the house thinking here we go, Im gonna binge and eat way too much and then theres cake and UGH!

But we got there and the kids played. Then .... it was time to eat. My wonderful and loving friend who has struggled with weightloss herself and WON was very encouraging. not in an in your face way at all , but helpful. She asked me if I wanted the salad bar cause she knew I was excercising and watching calories. She saved me from myself I think. I had a large salad with light dressing , and a small piece of cheese pizza. When cake time came I had a tiny piece ( about the size of 1/4 of a cupcake) to join in the celebration and then I stopped, and had no more. We all went back to her house to open gifts where the table was covered with chips and snacks and ugh more cake lol. I had 5 tostito chips and a tablespoon of salsa with my 2 bottles of water.

Im Sooooooo glad I managed to keep with my plan and not indulge and go over my calories :smile:
  • your willpower is absolutely inspiring! next weekend is the start of "birthday party season" and i have been thinking about how i will manage to behave (i don't have the willpower you do - i could easily woof down 3 pieces of pizza and big chunks of cake....and that would be round one!!!! :sad: )...i will keep you in mind when i am at the party and hopefully i can channel your strength! :flowerforyou: you rock!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Congratulations! That's really a great accomplishment! I only hope I can be as strong as you are when all my friends' kids have birthday parties.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    That is great! Now you can have a glass of wine to celebrate! LOL!~:drinker: After a day at Chuckie Cheese and a bunch of screaming kids you deserve it!
  • That's great! My son's gonna have his "turning 3" birthday party next month and I initially thought i'd take in much much more calories (with all the cake, and the fried kiddie treats) than burn (tossing myself to guests, the kitchen, the works...)... But, but... I was sort of inspired. Yes, I will include a salad bar for other moms who are watching calories like me, thanks for the fantabulous idea! That way i"d have a "choice"... hehehe

Great site!!!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Great job. Now I know I can do it. I have a one year olds birthday party this Saturday which is also my birthday. Of course there will be people pushing food on me but my goals and health are more worth it. Thanks for your note, it gave me a little help for this weekend.