Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 lb small sweet potatoes
  • Eve23
    Options
    Ok that was wierd it posted on me. I think I hit the tab and enter oops sorry!

Try again

1 1/2 lb small sweet potatoes
    1/4 c plain nonfat yogurt
    3 tbsp nonfat mayonnaise
    1 tbsp fresh lime juice
    3/4 tsp grated lime zest
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 large tart apple unpeeled
    2 stalks celery
    1/3 c chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil. Cut a few slits in each sweet potato as steam vents. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.

Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the yogurt, mayo, lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper.

Coursely chop the apple, add it to the dressing and toss to coat. Add the celery and walnuts and stir to combine.

When the potatoes are cool enough to handle but still warm, peel them and cut them into bite-size pieces. Add the warm potatoes to the serving bowl and toss to coat with the drssing. Serve the salad at room temperature.

Calories 238
    Fat 7g
    Saturated fat .7
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Sodium 259 mg
    Carbohydrate 42 g
    Protein 4
    Fiber 5 g
  • Eve23
    Options
    By the way I should say this is out of the "Cut the Fat" Diabetic cook book. Hope you enjoy it I just found it today I can't wait to try it.

Eve
  • velvetspark
    Options
    Just made this last night - I really like it. Good snack. Do you know what the serving size is for that calorie amount?
    Thanks for posting!
    April
  • Eve23
    Options
    I am not sure of the serving size I am guessing it is pretty generous because I checked the recipe and it shows 4 servings. It does not say how large the servings are. Hope this helps. I don't have any made right now so it is hard to guesstimate.

Eve
    Glad you enjoyed it :wink:
This discussion has been closed.